Why Christianity is the most popular religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: Why Christianity is the most popular religion
Most people here only care about the credibility of the scripture source (Ex. bible is the word of god). If the credibility of source is doubtful why do we even bother to discuss scripture itself? You simply cant cite contains of bible to say that bible is the truth.

ST, I read through almost every your post here (a fukin painful job for an ESL like me) and it was clear that you posts showed no sign of any archaeological, anthropological, or theological understanding (which your opponents are overwhelmingly knowledgeable than you) about the religion you "claim" you believe. All you did was just playing with words and logic fallacies then quote a pessage from bible to "prove" that you r right.

You r not here to give us a Sunday School lesson or lecture, arent you?

P.S. sry for bad grammar if there is any. And yes, "fukin" is quite foul.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2012, 07:04 PM
(31-05-2012 12:55 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Okay...if you insist: nope, still couldn't bring myself to do it.

It's easy... Tongue

See? I don't see it as a raspberry - that's unsanitary! - but rather the sticking out of the tongue. I'm childish like that. It's better than being uptight. Wink

(31-05-2012 12:55 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  So do you view man as an animal, or just Christ Himself?

I view Christ Himself as an allegorical transitional phase between god and man fabricated by Paul for the preservation of Judaism, not as an actual person. I view man as an animal as there is no reason to think otherwise. In this place there are cats, spiders, and a dog. "Image of god" is the evolved ability to simulate mind of another in mind, "dominion" is knowledge and understanding, and debating philology has nothing to do with "being the Living Word" - which is what one should do, according to Paul's theology. (Well, a favorable interpretation anyway.) Wink

(31-05-2012 12:55 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  God bless.

That is not for you to decide. See what I did there? Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2012, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2012 07:17 PM by Jedah.)
(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  ST you're amazingly anal...
My dear ... what this mean???
I am an ESL. Could anyone explain me what "anal" means in this context? Huh

NO TROLL pls~

- Oscar Wilde
31-05-2012, 07:21 PM
of, relating to, or characterized by personality traits (as parsimony, meticulousness, and ill humor) considered typical of fixation at the anal stage of development— linky . Tongue

I use chrome. Highlight a word, either by dragging the cursor across it holding left click or by double clicking, then hit right click and scroll down to "search google for... "anal" in this case. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
31-05-2012, 07:38 PM
(31-05-2012 03:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  Come to the dark side KC Wink I've been saving a seat for you on the hell bound train. ST can't come though, he's not cool enough Tongue

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  ST you're amazingly anal, I was discussing your own misstatement and in turn you're rubbing so much into it.

Hello again Lilith, and not to sound like a broken record, but look at it again:

Quote:I would suggest the beginnings of Islam more closely resemble the extremists than those that have westernized or, watered down their religion to make it more palatable to the world around them.

Perhaps in your view extremist and fundamental are interchangable terms? You may very well be correct about your first assertion, but I have to reiterate that you are wrong about the second, unless you do see these as having identical meanings.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'm stating that there are plenty of laws that existed within the older forms of christianity which you do not folow due to the modern world.

You assume to much.

First, you assume that the teachings of Christ can conform to culture, and secondly, you confuse Christian Doctrine with the performance of Christian Doctrine in the individual.

For example: while a Christian has liberty to eat pork, he does not have liberty to eat pork in the Temple...lol.

By the way, the "lol" is a sad attempt to identify humor before having to explain it.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  The religion has changed and as far as one of the hurdles you weren't around to oppose let's look to king james.

Now, how is it that you believe that King James was somehow given the authority to change Christianity? Which you call religion.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  He changed a lot about christianity from the earlier groups of christians well before you were born.

And I have to disagree. If the teaching of scripture is changed, and becomes something else...it is no longer Christianity, but something else.

Which I am not entirely opposed to admitting is a distinct possibility.

But you did not answer the questions I asked in the last post. Why is that?

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Even islam has changed plenty of doctrines. Did you realise that after mohammed died there were other people who declared themselves prophets and wrote additions?

And this relates to Christianity...how?

Because this may be commonplace in religious practice, your conclusion is that Christianity also must go with the flow, change as cultures change?

Again, if the doctrine which is revealed in the New Testament is abandoned, we can easily classify it as unChristian.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Religions change, and after 1000s of years become quite unrecognizeable between eachother. Are you suggesting that you follow all the many rules that would be followed at that time?

If you mean do I keep all of the commands of God perfectly, not even close.

If you are referring to cultural aspects of the first century, understand that the Doctrine of God was never formed according to the culture.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I supposed that you didn't because following them in our current era would make you quite the outsider.

If the examples given next are an example of your point, I am afraid you may be disappointed.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  If you seek to suggest that you do follow all of these rules how many wives do you have and how many children?

One man, one woman...I have one wife. And this I believe to be in accordance to God's will, not just in the teaching of Christ and the instruction of the Church, but runs throughout scripture.

That there were men that had multiple wives does not mean condoned this.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  When did you first find a wife?

I was thirty.

And yes, I found her, though I like to think that the Lord brought us together.

Sappy...no?

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  If you're a woman why are you discussing scripture?

Could you provide where scripture forbids a woman from discussing scripture?

But if it makes you feel better, I do believe that Paul was clear that a woman was not to usurp authority and to teach men. I would not be a member of a congregation that has female pastors.

I know there are believers that have no problem with this, and I do not condemn them, but, I believe they are in violation of not only a general practice concerning men and women, which has few exceptions, but they are in violation of a direct command.

How very fundamental of me, right? Wink

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Plenty more questions to follow as there are a lot of rules written in those books.

Commands as well as a few suggestions, truly.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Not even orthodox jews follow the complete list of commandments within their torah.

Have you never read the reaction of the Lord to the religious leaders and their interpretations and traditions?

Why would you think, especially when the scripture confirms that Israel is still under judgment...that modern day Jews would be any different?

However, just as with muslims, they range from nominal to fanatical (which those that do adhere to the law of the Torah would be called by secularists, seeing these unreasonable people actually believe and try to adhere to the Law of Moses). Some will throw stones at cars on the sabbath, from what I hear.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  My statement was that by your statement of fundamental islamics being closer to the religion you were suggesting that the actual religion is dead not me.

And again...I did not say that. Is this why you call me anal? Because I distinguish between an extremist and a fundamental? I consider myself in many respects to be a fundamental Christian, yet I am not an extremist. What I would call an extremist that associates himself with Christianity would be white supremacy groups that claim to be Christian, and commit violence in the name of Christ, thus causing God's name to be blasphemed.

The world looks at the actions of these groups and blames "Christians" for committing these crimes. And they are in error, because they simply do not have the proper knowledge that would qualify them to identify such groups as Christian.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I was simply remarking on what you had said.

But you were not: you were remarking on what you thought I said, and while it may seem inconsequential to you, Lilith, there is a vast difference.

Here is a portion of your remark, which, by the way, would have been a little difficult to scroll back to:

Quote:Fundamentalist islamics are closer to the original islamics and therefor more accurate in their faith?

You say this like I have said the stupidest thing in the world, but the fact is...I do see that the extremists follow the pattern of early Islam more than the "moderates."

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I don't use quotes much because you know what you've said and can scroll back to it easy enough.

Not always.

And if you know what you said, how is it that you are upset about being called on such a simple observation?

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  In your next response to me since I'm sure there will be one don't sit here and respond to each line I write.

OOPS!

lol

Why is that you, like others, are compelled to control other people in whayt they say and how they say it?

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  You do nothing but bother the other readers with this style of posting.

Is it the style, or the content?

You are the spokesman for everyone here, then?

Sorry, but it is not my habit to just ramble on with no true addressment of the discussion. I do at times with the shorter posts make it all paragragh.

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  We want succint because it allows us to grasp things faster.

Succint? Really?

(31-05-2012 06:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  We are not here to discuss every word someone types but the overarching ideas that those words suggest.

Okay, how about the idea that extremist, or a better known term, radical muslims more closely resemble the early pattern found in the spread of Islam?

God bless.
31-05-2012, 07:45 PM
(31-05-2012 07:02 PM)Jedah Wrote:  Most people here only care about the credibility of the scripture source (Ex. bible is the word of god). If the credibility of source is doubtful why do we even bother to discuss scripture itself? You simply cant cite contains of bible to say that bible is the truth.

ST, I read through almost every your post here (a fukin painful job for an ESL like me) and it was clear that you posts showed no sign of any archaeological, anthropological, or theological understanding (which your opponents are overwhelmingly knowledgeable than you) about the religion you "claim" you believe. All you did was just playing with words and logic fallacies then quote a pessage from bible to "prove" that you r right.

So you admit you have read nearly every post...and you still missed the many times I said...lets look at the scripture...even if you do not believe it, but see it as a book of myths?

Not much I can do for you.

(31-05-2012 07:04 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 12:55 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Okay...if you insist: nope, still couldn't bring myself to do it.

It's easy... Tongue

See? I don't see it as a raspberry - that's unsanitary! - but rather the sticking out of the tongue. I'm childish like that. It's better than being uptight. Wink

(31-05-2012 12:55 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  So do you view man as an animal, or just Christ Himself?

I view Christ Himself as an allegorical transitional phase between god and man fabricated by Paul for the preservation of Judaism, not as an actual person. I view man as an animal as there is no reason to think otherwise. In this place there are cats, spiders, and a dog. "Image of god" is the evolved ability to simulate mind of another in mind, "dominion" is knowledge and understanding, and debating philology has nothing to do with "being the Living Word" - which is what one should do, according to Paul's theology. (Well, a favorable interpretation anyway.) Wink

(31-05-2012 12:55 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  God bless.

That is not for you to decide. See what I did there? Big Grin

Gosh, just can't say anything to such a reply.

Guess I will have to just go.

By the way, whether God blesses you or not, it is entirely in my power to end my posts with...

God bless.

If it offends you, or irritates you, let me know.

God bless.
31-05-2012, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2012 09:02 PM by Jedah.)
(31-05-2012 07:21 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  of, relating to, or characterized by personality traits (as parsimony, meticulousness, and ill humor) considered typical of fixation at the anal stage of development— linky . Tongue

I use chrome. Highlight a word, either by dragging the cursor across it holding left click or by double clicking, then hit right click and scroll down to "search google for... "anal" in this case. Thumbsup
Thank you, my kind bro of darkness~ Now would you mind do me another favor ? To see if I completely understand "anal".

Here are some examples I make.

1. He anals everyone in this thread.
2. The reason that he being so anal on internet is because he has nothing to do in real life.
3. Such anal manner is not polite.

Do I get it right, bro?

- Oscar Wilde
31-05-2012, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 12:19 AM by Jedah.)
(31-05-2012 07:45 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 07:02 PM)Jedah Wrote:  Most people here only care about the credibility of the scripture source (Ex. bible is the word of god). If the credibility of source is doubtful why do we even bother to discuss scripture itself? You simply cant cite contains of bible to say that bible is the truth.

So you admit you have read nearly every post...and you still missed the many times I said...lets look at the scripture...even if you do not believe it, but see it as a book of myths?

Not much I can do for you.

You dont even have sufficient knowledge and self-awareness to help yourself. How can you help others? (Matthew 15:13-14 and Luke 6:39-40)

And yes it's a book of myths since you cant prove the reliablility of your source (God). If the story of Santa Claus is not real, unless I m a toy maker, why should I even bother with the texture of his coat?

Since you love scripture so much, according to Genesis 38:6-10, should I creampie my GF each time we fuk to avoid the wrath of your GOD? Would you mind to tell me how you deal with this one, if this question isnt too "foul" to you??

- Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes Jedah's post
31-05-2012, 10:15 PM
(31-05-2012 08:56 PM)Jedah Wrote:  Thank you, my kind bro of darkness~ Now would you mind do me another favor ? To see if I completely understand "anal".

Here are some examples I make.

1. He anals everyone in this thread.

Do I get it right, bro?

Lulz. That's about the opposite of "right." Big Grin

He anals implies that homosexual sex is occurring. He is being anal to would be the expression. Thumbsup

2 and 3 are ok.

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
31-05-2012, 10:23 PM
(31-05-2012 07:45 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  By the way, whether God blesses you or not, it is entirely in my power to end my posts with...

God bless.

If it offends you, or irritates you, let me know.

God bless.

You don't find it impolite to go into another's house and put your feet up on the coffee table?