Why Christianity is the most popular religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2012, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 01:06 PM by Jedah.)
RE: Why Christianity is the most popular religion
(01-06-2012 05:54 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 10:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You don't find it impolite to go into another's house and put your feet up on the coffee table?

That is a little unfair: I have merely addressed the questions and comments directed toward me. I stay in only a couple of threads, and do not blizt this forum in an attempt to aggravate people.

But, do not worry, by the forum clock, I have about 13 hours left to my visit, and then I will be out of your hair for a while. I will spend a forum day with you guys, talk about some issues I really do nbot think you have considered, and then I will go.

If you feel I have "put my feet on your coffee table," sorry, just know that I find it funny that it is okay for many here to practice verbal abuse, some of it proudly declared as "foul" ( and I still do not know where he gets the idea I am offended...wishful thinking perhaps?), yet, if I address the questions and comments directed toward me...I am rude.

Kind of a double standard there, isn't it...venturing into hypocrisy. You can behave as you like, but the minority needs to "know their place," and you will attempt to make sure they know it.

But this is typical...this is how the majority always behaves. What is extremely funny is when one ruling majority ridicules the majorities of the past, not having learned anything from what their beloved history has taught them.

God bless.

Funny thing is: you came to a place full of atheists teaching Sunday school bullshits in a prophet-like manner then concluded that you r bullied by majority. LoL...

When people here tried to reason with you in a form of knowledge discussion you simply applied logic fallacies (mostly attack straw man & No true Scotman fallacy) to defend your point. This happened over & over & over no matter how many times people reminded you. You are not a braindead zombie (since zombie shouldnt be able to use computer). It is obvious that your purpose here isnt discuss knowledge or truth, which is the only thing I care about.

BTW you dont have to tell us constantly what you are going to do in real life since this is not some sort of celebrity gossip forum (Err....you r not even a "celebrity", yes?). No one here really care whether you r going to work or sleep. A sound argument is all you need here.

Oh, and, please feel free to stay. I am not trying to get rid of you. It 's good to have a living example of "Christianity mannerism internet troll". LoL

Satan Bless

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jedah's post
01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
(01-06-2012 07:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Stop using semantics to create a false dilemma. You know good and well that I didn't mean that the word "new" wasn't in the Greek language - I was talking about the language in the verse.

Also, your arguments for a literal creation are regurgitated Ken Ham trite. Your mental gymnastics and bending of logic and theology are why the scientific world scoffs at Christians.

God took a common myth of the time and inspired it so that His people could understand His covenant.

The Akkadian's creation myth with Adapa long outdates the Hebrew creation story.

Then think before responding to a post.

It is not just a matter of "new" not being in that particular verse, but a matter of your statement, "It simply means covenant."

The discussion concerned the New Covenant, I have asked you three times now if the passages listed referred to the same thing, and still, you refuse to answer.

You instead seek to make sure your position here is intact, and I have to quesation that.

As I said, you have spent too much time here. What is ironic is that you are exactly the problem that no-one...no-one...will ever get the chance to actually look at what scripture teaches, because you are playing along with their doctrine, whether you realize it or not.

You vaunt the knowledge of those that ridicule God and His word...incredible.
01-06-2012, 10:54 PM
(01-06-2012 07:23 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 12:31 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  You include the "extremes" as part of the religion, but I would just ask you: can both the moderates and the extremes truly follow the same God, and hold the same doctrine?

One side has to be wrong as to what their religion and their sacred texts actually teach, right?

I would suggest the beginnings of Islam more closely resemble the extremists than those that have westernized or, watered down their religion to make it more palatable to the world around them.

So what do we do with them? How do we determine which ones represent the teachings of Islam better?

I can only respond as follows:
[Image: ChristianityBranches.svg]
[Image: Protestantbranches.svg] [Image: St_Thomas_Christians_divisions.svg]
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_d...r_branches

Which of these doctrinal branches is the true Christianity? Smile

It is just my opinion, of course, but I believe you will find true believers in many, if not all, of the branches listed. There are groups that are not listed here as well that I believe you will find true believers, Chrsitians, that is.

Now hang with me a bit here, as you might be thinking this contradicts the thought that only those that know and understand Christian doctrine are Christian, but it does not, if you consider that scripture teaches that only faith in the shed blood of Christ can save. In other words, that Christ died for me, and all that entails.

However, there needs to be kept in mind that because we will find born-again believers in many of these groups, does not mean that those groups are necessarily Christian. Even among denominations, the theology will primarily stem from the teachers and preachers. You can find Baptist Churches that are charismatic in their theology, for example. You can find charismatic Churches that are relatively conservative, almost to the point that they very nearly do not qualify as charismatic, though they carry that name.

But that is not what I have presented to this forum on a number of occasions. I have simply pointed out that there is a hatred for Christians (and I know this ranges from one extreme to another) despite the fact that much of what is said is said in ignorance.

For example, in one thread, someone felt that a man that teaches a pre-trib rapture should be held accountable for "the harm he has done." The problem there? They did not even understand the teaching of the rapture well enough to discuss it from scripture. So I ask: if you don't even know the subject matter, how can you reasonably say that someone is wrong in their teaching. You should have at least a working knowledge of the subject before taking such a position.

This is just basic common sense.

And getting back to topic, I am not sure you have commented on whether you would agree that extremist muslims more closely resemble Isalm's beginnings and beliefs. Forgive me if you have, I am a little tired, and need to get going.

Thanks for the charts, they were interesting. I wish they had subtitle info.

God bless.
01-06-2012, 11:00 PM
(01-06-2012 10:10 AM)ahoy Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 07:23 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I can only respond as follows:
[Image: ChristianityBranches.svg]
[Image: Protestantbranches.svg] [Image: St_Thomas_Christians_divisions.svg]

Can it be all of them?

Is it possible that there can be many answers to one question…and all the answers can be all valid?

As I understand: Morality is subjective, so yes, I think it is possible.

It is possible that there are Christians in all of them, however, not all of them can be said to adhere to Christian Doctrine. However, it would be foolish to think that in all of these groups there are not those that study scripture for themselves, rather than simply perform religious activity. There were nominal and false believers in the early Church, it is no different today.

God bless.
01-06-2012, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 02:07 PM by S.T. Ranger.)
(01-06-2012 10:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  PS - That blank space was to show separation between my current post and my original post. Are you pretending to be daft? It's like... you're taking asinine minutia and making an issue out of it to try and distract from the fact that you aren't as knowledgeable as others in this thread.

Smoke and mirrors and slight of hand don't work here... maybe other places, but not here.

Me? Pretend?

lol

You actually do think that you contributed to the conversation, don't you?

Just answer the question posed in the last post. Hardly minutia, my friend, it may be the opening of your eyes to a teaching you have not considered before, though you may have read over it for years. Nothing to be ashamed of, we are all learning, and most of us have barely scratched the surface.

Concerning smoke and mirrors, just point it out.

In your haste to correct me, you misidentified the covenant of Matthew 26:28 as simply a covenant, when in fact it is a direct reference to the New Covenant by the Lord Himself. I tried to be nice, but apparently that was not good enough. You have the power to direct our conversations. If you want to have discussion, great! If you prefer to continue to insult my knowledge, that is okay to. Just do me a favor...look at the post before responding too quickly, that is all I ask.
01-06-2012, 11:32 PM
(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 05:54 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  That is a little unfair: I have merely addressed the questions and comments directed toward me. I stay in only a couple of threads, and do not blizt this forum in an attempt to aggravate people.

But, do not worry, by the forum clock, I have about 13 hours left to my visit, and then I will be out of your hair for a while. I will spend a forum day with you guys, talk about some issues I really do nbot think you have considered, and then I will go.

If you feel I have "put my feet on your coffee table," sorry, just know that I find it funny that it is okay for many here to practice verbal abuse, some of it proudly declared as "foul" ( and I still do not know where he gets the idea I am offended...wishful thinking perhaps?), yet, if I address the questions and comments directed toward me...I am rude.

Kind of a double standard there, isn't it...venturing into hypocrisy. You can behave as you like, but the minority needs to "know their place," and you will attempt to make sure they know it.

But this is typical...this is how the majority always behaves. What is extremely funny is when one ruling majority ridicules the majorities of the past, not having learned anything from what their beloved history has taught them.

God bless.

Funny thing is: you came to a place full of atheists teaching Sunday school bullshits in a prophet-like manner then concluded that you r bullied by majority. LoL...

Not sure where you get this idea, that I am "being bullied:" that would imply that I am being beaten down.

It is not a matter of competition for me. Nor does the gang activity bother me. I simply point out the hypocrisy of the holders of truth and their superior manners.

As far as teaching sunday school lessons, all I have done is challenge the Bible experts here on their claim to superior knowledge. Yet, no-one seems to last in a discussion of the Bible. One fellow challenged me to discuss it, that lasted about two posts, and then mocked me for demanding to look at scripture. I try to be careful in my approach to actually discussing scripture, that when the discussio breaks down, as it always does, the public record will show that it was not I that tried to force something down someone's throat.

I will respond to a challenge, though.

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  When people here tried to reason with you in a form of knowledge discussion you simply applied logic fallacies (mostly attack straw man & No true Scotman fallacy) to defend your point.

Could you please point out where someone "tried to reason with me?" This is hollow parroting of the same nonsense that is always spewed. What is hilarious about it is you do not recognize that there are those here that do exactly as those they say they hate...try to force their beliefs on others, and if you do not accept their truth...watch out!

Give me a break. I mean, is it really thought that statements and posts like this are taken seriously?

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  This happened over & over & over no matter how many times people reminded you.

Were you one of those people? If not...what is it to you? If so...please show me your reasoning.

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  You are not a braindead zombie

You know, this mjust might be one of the nicest things said of me since I have been here.

*sniff*

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  (since zombie shouldnt be able to use computer). It is obvious that your purpose here isnt discuss knowledge or truth, which is the only thing I care about.

Do you? And you are certain that there is no deception going on around here? None at all? You are certain that all of the knowledge that you have embraced and accepted is, in fact...truth?

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  BTW you dont have to tell us constantly what you are going to do in real life since this is not some sort of celebrity gossip forum (Err....you r not even a "celebrity", yes?).

Why would this bother you? If I say, "I have to get going, it is time for work." That is just to let you know...I have to get going.

lol

Somebody else mentioned this before. Not sure what the issue is, but, I will try to keep that in mind.

And no...I am not a celebrity, you are correct.

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  No one here really care whether you r going to work or sleep.

It is just habit. Do you really think that I am under the impression that you guys...care?

lol

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  A sound argument is all you need here.

How I wish that were the case.

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  Oh, and, please feel free to stay. I am not trying to get rid of you.

Very kind of you, thanks. And not to make a liar out of myself, but, I will let you know, I will spend one forum day here, in an effort to draw out some of your experts in Biblical knowledge, and then I will leave you guys alone. So my time is about half gone.

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  It 's good to have a living example of "Christianity mannerism internet troll". LoL

So I am a troll. And my Christianity is not too good, is that it?

Sorry to have given that impression, but it is what it is. Of course, seeing that I have yet to talk to someone that can actually identify a Christian, this does not bother me too much. How exactly should a Christian act?

I can tell you this, far better for me not to found a friend of the world...that is for sure.

(01-06-2012 11:33 AM)Jedah Wrote:  Satan Bless

I actually think he does. Kind of like a bottle of Jack Daniels "blesses." For some it is with spiritual stupor, for some amnesia, but for all...death.

But that is just my opinion.

God bless.
04-06-2012, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 02:11 AM by ShirubaDangan.)
(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  
(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Christianity has the most followers in the world. And the reason for this is simple:

It's the easiest religion to follow

I think I mentioned that the first mistake of this thread is the conclusion that the statistics that show there "are more Christians than any other kind of believer" is valid information.

Scripture teaches, certainly, a many/few ratio between believers and unbelievers. The problem is...you have it reversed.

As an example, look at the statement in a recent post that scripture teaches "there are three Gods," this would have been sufficient in some countries for this man to be put to death, though he and those that would take offense at this statement both call themselves muslim.

Well yes, those who describe themselves as Christian are among one of the largest religions in the world(Despite the ridiculous amount of different sects and ideas.) You may say these people aren't Christian but remember that they likely say the same to you(Which I find hilarious because it basically reveals that all Christians are wrong to somebody.)

Yes, we should also absolutely follow a two thousand year old book written by sixteen authors over a span of more than a thousand years. I mean really? Is this the best we can do? Not believe in ourselves but some pink unicorn fairy tale we made ages ago that takes parts of other past religions? I mean it surprises me how little faith we put in ourselves but how much we put in a myth that holds no ground against modern science and its achievements.

I understand you want to keep talking about scripture and I hope you continue to do so. I became a non believer after reading and understanding it. I know the Bible has different meanings for different people but some things are just blatantly obvious wrong and/or weird.

Do you mean to tell me that the son of and all knowing, all powerful, completely stupid(I mean omnipotent being) didn't know when figs were in season?

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: 13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. 14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

Hallelujah! I see the light(I mean the indoctrination my parents have given me over the years) and believeth in this man who doesn't knoweth when figs are in season. Does that make farmers Gods for knowing this information?

Also what of slavery? The bible completely and absolutely got this utterly wrong. Instead of saying slavery should not exist it tells us how to own our slaves. Bibles were waived during the civil war as a reason to continue to own slaves.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

You may treat them as your property. Whenever such occurs usually people are treated horrendously. How could something so sickening be within the bible? How could I worship something that supports such a disgusting act and call it moral? The simple truth is that even you don't follow the bible word for word and even though you may defend and claim it to be true. You as well, pick and choose which parts you like and which you definitely don't.

Also, if some of you have notice it is our favorite part of the book Leviticus! This part is filled with so much stupidity alone. I still love how people only choose to hate homosexuals in the bible and yet they completely ignore that Leviticus also says that shellfish are an abomination.

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

[Image: godhatesshrimp.jpg]

And yet you don't see fish restaurants get attacked by Christians but somehow abortion clinics are. Which is strange because God kills numerous infants in the bible and currently ends their lives with miscarriages.

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

Leviticus again! Oh how I love his insane stupidity.

Instead of praising scripture praise our own intelligence and accomplishments! We deserve much more faith in ourselves than in absolutely nothing.

Well I will finally move on and I still realize I'm on the first part of your post. You also said that Atheism is the easiest religion to follow and I call that an insurmountable amount of bullshit. Even though we are in a modern era hatred is rampant. Atheist's in third world countries will probably be put to death. Even though we don't have to follow unmoral laws you at least have the security blanket that you believe will constantly take care of you and will give you an infinite life when you die.(One thing I find strange is God made the universe perfect for humans and yet when we die we go to the most perfect place for humans? Confusing.) Anyways we have to come to terms that nothing is there and that we unfortunately will never see loved ones again(But I believe we cherish the memories of our loved ones that much more) We also are unsurprisingly the most hated group in america.

You make the completely false presumption that it is ridiculously easy. Just because you believe it to be easy doesn't make it so. Just like as you may believe in God doesn't make it so.

I believe it to be the easiest religion to follow because it is very easy to indoctrinate people in. Atheism requires you to think and realize nothing is there which many can't come to terms too because they strongly fear death(What!? You say you have to think to be an atheist?? Well... Yes... I'm not saying all atheists are smart but compared to theists. They at least asked the question of is that being there? A huge majority of Christians haven't even moved past the first page of the bible and while you may say they aren't Christians they still strongly believe they are.) Christianity was easy to follow a long time ago because it was hard to follow the numerous amount of Gods we created. So we created a god which united them all into one being. Which was brilliant because it made it ridiculously simple. It also has a feel good story because it offers something that humans strongly want. They want to live forever and are frightened of not existing. But just because you strongly want something doesn't make it anymore true.

Now to move on.

Now who are you to say who is or is not a Christian? Or who is a believer or not a believer? Believers outrageously outnumber non believers. Even though you may say religions aren't the same they are surprisingly similar especially the three Abrahamic faiths. People believe in the Mormon Jesus as fervently as you believe in the God of the bible. So you can't question that they don't believe but you will say that they are wrong. I will argue that we are both Atheists the only difference is that I believe in one less God than you do.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  While not a groundbreaking claim, it's my answer to the question of "if Christianity is false, how come there are so many Christians?" Just think about it.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  And this is syllogistic at best, taking one from an acceptation of statistics as being valid to a conclusion that scripture does not itself agree with, and the reasoning goes something like this:

It is reported there are more Christians than any other faith/religion.

It is not questioned whether they are actually Christians, nor is what it means to be a Christian known (as evidenced by this post).

Conclusion: those reported to be Christians are...actually born again members of the Body of Christ, the Church.

While I can understand the need to strengthen one's own position, let's try to keep things in a realistic frame.

Well, again, Scripture doesn't even agree with itself. Lets look at some inaccuracies.

Yes, the people whom call themselves Christian are a majority. Unfortunately again, you do not have the right to say they aren't Christian because they believe otherwise.

Do you stone your unruly children?(For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him. Leviticus 20:9 )

Do you murder women who aren't virgins on their wedding night? ["But if this charge is true (that a woman was not a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)]

Or will you murder even us because we don't agree with some child molesting priest? (Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT))

I believe the people who are the most Christian are those who follow the Bible the most blindly.

And that dunce title I believe belongs to the Westboro Baptist church.

Well it does not matter which sect of Christianity you hail from since your book and prophet are the same(Unless for Mormonism but I believe we both agree that it is utterly fake.] You will obviously say that your division is undoubtedly the truthful one and will not back it with any scientific proof but say that Geezus and Gawd told you it was true or some nonsense that is unfortunately irrelevant.

I agree! Lets look at this realistically! If a book was written now and it took a thousand years to write with numerous authors with no scientific facts(And very little truth), would you believe it? If it was backed by "God" would you believe it? Why is the excuse of God the only thing needed to make false claims true? Something undoubtedly written by men is considered perfect even though its blatantly flawed.

God wrote the most moral book in the universe and it contains murder, rape and slavery. Very moral indeed.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  If you convert to Islam, you have to cover yourself if you're a woman, pray five times a day, travel to Mecca, avoid certain foods, and actively seek global jihad.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  As a matter of fact, every religion in the world imposes laws, rules, expected behavior, et cetera.

Yet the God of the Bible, and the teachings of scripture stand alone in being the only faith in which it is made clear that it is absolutely impossible for man to accomplish that which would grant eternal life.

Only the Christian faith teaches that God did, in man's place, ALL of the work necessary for man to be saved. Saved from what? The penalty of sin, which is everlasting punishment.

Yes every book in the world imposes useless laws that no one follows. When was the last time you honored the Sabbath? And that doesn't mean not just going to church but resting the entire day. Remember shrimp? I guarantee a majority of Christians including you probably still consume anything that isn't a fish. Do you kill unruly children? I already touched upon these before and even though you say these laws are ones we should follow with blind acceptance. I believe no one follows these rules because we know it is wrong.

Also, yes a just God would punish a finite life with an infinite punishment. This is just hopeful thinking. You want people who wronged you to be punished. That isn't so. Again, it is something you want and it completely destroys the argument that God is a just God. A just God would make a fair punishment. Instead you go to Hell for eternity because you simply didn't believe in the flying spaghetti monster, pink unicorn or Jehovah.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  If you convert to Judaism, you have to adhere to the dress code, the diet, learn parts of the Hebrew language, and go to Temple (community is a large part of Judaism).

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Don't know too many Jews, do you. They are no different from any other group, and range from nominal to fanatical. All the while claiming to be faithful to their heritage.

I know plenty of Jews and yes they range the same as any group. Even your Christian group. You can see how controlling these religions are with simple matters like Gay marriage or contraception. They choose what from the bible they like and justify their hatred with a two thousand year old book written in an illiterate part of the world.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Likewise with all other religions, you have to adapt their time consuming and inconvenient diets, rituals, and attire.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Christianity imposes dietary restrictions: no eating of blood and nothing offered to idols, though the latter is determined by circumstances surrounding the meal, as the mature believer knows that somebody offering meat to an idol does not change the meat...lol.

However, for the sake of the conscience of others, we are to be careful how our actions may impact a brother or sister of weaker faith.

You don't eat blood you drink it like the Catholics do. No offering to idols and yet saints are always praised with candles or flowers.

I couldn't stop laughing(Do I have to put Lmatriangle or whatever people use nowadays?). I am completely sorry but that bottom statement is ridiculously false. You want your actions imposed on all others in this country! Christians constantly try to push their beliefs on others. No Gay marriage because they want to protect the sanctity of marriage(And yet the divorce rate is ridiculous in this country), Teaching creationism with science when its obviously not science, and what most bothers me is because some ignorant theists will vote for a specific party just because of their religion. You cannot say Christians are careful with their actions.

If your Christian group is somehow different than above I apologize but if its the same than you aren't any different.

People again justify stupidity with this book.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  But with modern day Christianity, you can literally do nothing and maintain your Christian status.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Where do you get your information? It is certainly not from scripture. We are commanded to live pleasing to God, and guess what, that means a lot work. We fail at times, we seem hypocritical at times, but hey, if you have at least a basic grasp on the teaching of scripture you understand that the maturity of a believer is dependant, just like a newborn babe, upon time, nourishment, and experience.

While it is fortunate that less read believers with a feeble understanding use liberty as a license to sin, scripture does not teach that believers can live any ole way we choose. What's more, a major difference between the true believer and the nominal (the tare, in most cases), is that as God promised, he/she is no longer at liberty...to enjoy that which is displeasing to God.

You will not live a pattern of sinful behavior without evidence of growth if you are a born again believer. Evidence of true faith and salvation will be evident in that person's life, and they will not, despite the faulty teaching of some...fall away.

Well that is what I can compare a theist too. An infant that does not understand a book that is given unto them. Only indoctrinated to die, kill and please this book. It seems you don't understand scripture. You don't understand its hatred, its anger, and its flaws. You seem too choose to ignore it. You may ask where I get my information from but I will just reveal the book you praise so highly.

You say we are to live pleasing lives to God? So all those children starving in Africa are living pleasing to God since he does nothing about them and yet God seems to care much more about our sex lives rather than dead infants. You may say God can't interfere because he works in mentally ill ways(Magical) but lets look at Gods greatest accomplishments.

[Image: gods-power.jpg]

Pretty strange that the best God does in our current time is appear on toast. Wait am I having another revelation! I believe I have found proof for such a high being!

[Image: cheesus_175x125.jpg]

Praise Cheezus! I am glad God is choosing to do miracles in this way and not helping the world at all but it is God I suppose.

Remember Gods killcount is ridiculous.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You can ask forgiveness and say the appropriate scripture verses to become a Christian while lounging around in your pajamas watching tv.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Oh yeah...heard that message last week...lol.

Seriously...where does this nonsense come from? I could venture a few guesses, but I could be wrong....lol.

Is the lol the argument here? Well the unfortunate thing its just plainly dumb.

[Image: Drive-Thru-Catholics-610x457.jpg]

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  And from then on, all you have to do is telepathically "try" to be a "better" person.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Now I am really curious as to chapter and verse on this one...lol.

Of course, I do run across a number of people that truly live in a fantasy world, and are completely unaware of reality (kind of like hearing your voice on a recording...lol).

Cheezus! I though you knew scripture! Tsk, tsk, tsk, You can't praise it and not know it too.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

So basically you just talk to yourself and don't try to fix what you wronged and all is good and you claim to be a better person. Bullshit. A better person would fix what was wrong and try to make amends. Not speak to something that only exists within the confines of their minds. I wish much more that Christians would help but I see many who just pray and do nothing. That is a very lazy way of helping. Especially since scientifically praying does absolutely nothing(Except make yourself feel better somehow)

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You can do whatever you want, as long as you mentally "try" to do right.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  It could be said that the mind is the starting place for both sin as well as improvement. However, there is no scriptural teaching that one need only try, or, for that matter...just say.

James is a good place to start to get a scriptural view of what Christianity teaches upon the difference between profession and confession.

I might profess to be a Christian but unless it is true it is not a confession of a truth.

James? You mean the King James version? Really? Probably the one which has been translated, rewritten, and re advised the most.

Wouldn't you believe the original text would be the most truthful?(Even though it was written a hundred years after Christ by men who never personally met the man)

I will confess that I am the flying spaghetti monster.

What is the point of confessing if you don't confess to the people you did wrong too? What is the point of that? To make yourself feel better without confronting that person?

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  And if you fail, just ask forgiveness again.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Knowing that you will fail at times, it only makes sense that repeated repentance will occur.

Of course, understanding that this repentance is not unto salvation (again), but deals with the temporal aspect of our lives, is a basic factor of saving faith that most, if not all...false teachers are confused about.

Well I love your first sentence because it reveals that God is not perfect since we are flawed. So blaming ourselves isn't right. When a movie sucks you don't blame the movie but the director who made it. When a painting sucks you don't blame the painting but the painter. If humans are flawed why blame the humans if we have a supposed creator(Who in fact, claims to be perfect) Makes no sense unless he is not perfect.

Yep a lot of people like using religion to pursue their own goals. As my teacher always said. If you ever wanted to start a war. Do it in the name of God and watch how blindly people follow you.

So what makes you different than any other Christian? Probably nothing but I hope for you to enlighten me and hopefully it isn't just ridden with acronyms that absolutely do nothing to your post but make it sound less intelligent.

Also, why is it our fault that God made us flawed? Was it just for the lols that you continue to use or is there no purpose to it?

I can't wait for your answer for this as well.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  lol...sigh.

Chapter and verse? After all, if you are going to discuss Christianity, you should be able to provide the direct teaching from scripture.

Again acronyms. Your beginning to worry me that lol is among some of the few letters you know. I'm completely joking but I'm just drawing a point here because if your sighing than why are you laughing? Or are you giving lots of love?

Well you want direct answers and its hilarious that you can provide none. You just praise the toilet papaer we wrote on years ago. The thing is it doesn't seem to even matter to Christians at all what the Bible says but that they at least feel better about themselves and don't have to have guilt. You don't follow it strictly, so again why does it seem to matter?

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  And the morals of Christianity are so vague

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  LOL!

Of the many humorous things I have read...this is up there. I guess it is vague to those that have not actually read scripture.

Kind of like your vehicle: you know how to start it, drive it...but have you actually looked at the owner's manual?

I remember when I was younger, I drove my own truck at work, and my employer paid for the gas. I was using higher octane (93), and apparently he was not happy about that. He asked me why I was using it, I said I thought it was better gas, to which he told me to look at the manual: it recommended 87.

Poor illustration, but I stil think that humorous too. And please let it go at that...not interested if running 93 is better or not...lol.

Lmatriangle! (Joking of course)

The absolute blindness!! It burns!

Are you laughing because Buddy here is absolutely right or are you just ignoring the scripture you praise highly?

Lets look at a few commandments and yes they are vague.

Thou shalt not steal. Ok this is fairly vague. What about if you need to steal food to feed your family? Is that not righteous? What about stealing tactics from the Nazi's during world war 2? Is that wrong because we stopped evil?

You seem to forget how truly vague these commandments are.

Thou shalt not kill. Wow. God spends his whole time killing people within the old testament and suddenly he decides its not fun anymore? Also what about self defense? Should you not kill someone trying to end your life? What about war(Again against the Nazi's) Not justified? Again its very vague.

Thou shalt not covet? That is the whole basis for Capitalism!! So should we revert to communism? Christians are known to hate communists and yet they should hate capitalism as well since it is strongly against this commandment.

Honor your mother and father? Awesome. So if your parents are abusive you still have to respect them while they mistreat you. Totally not vague but you know you said yourself that it is specific but that is easily not so.

Also I love your example! Its exactly how theists are like. They praise the owners manual and waive it as the word of the mechanic in the sky and yet you know better. Like we know better. You know the truth but as long as they have a book that tells them otherwise they won't believe you for some reason. The difference between the manual and Bible is that at least the manual is based on facts.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  that you can be the guy holding the "God hates fags" sign or the guy yelling at the sign-holder to be more loving and accepting of all mankind... and you would BOTH be right.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Both would be in violation of how a Christian is to conduct himself.

Both show hatred, both cause God's name to be blasphemed.

Both would not be right, sorry.

? Its a fact God hates Homosexuals if you use the bible as truth. Now you are just picking what you want to believe in which is fine but reveals that you can't keep claiming scripture if you defy it.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You can support evolution or be a YEC;

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Now this one, to a certain extent, might be said to be acceptable, though those of us that stick to a more literal historical interpretation would be inclined to view theistic evolution as a cop-out.

Well fortunately Evolution has facts that uphold it. Creationism has stupidity that does the same. I am completely sorry but if you choose not to believe in our intelligence and choose to believe our lack of intelligence from two thousand years ago your free to do so. The problem is that I choose to know the truth. If you believe in creationism you choose to remain blind.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  you can take the Bible 100% literally or 100% figuratively;

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Not and be considered a reputable bible student or scholar. It is a scientific process, no different than interpreting the Constitution.

Well there is a different between the Constitution and the Bible. The Constitution was created by men and we understand and can be critical and change it. We cannot do the same with the Bible. We claim it to be divine when it clearly isn't. We can't change it even though we know its wrong and the only reason we hold it so high is because it is supposedly tied to God. Which is very doubtful.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  you can go to church and pray every day or never go to church and pray once a month.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  It is my berlief, and mine only, mind you, that Christians go through stages of growth in which they are likely to be both of the people mentioned above.

When one is first saved, they are at Church all the time. When one has grown a little, they will probably go through a stage of disillusionment, as it becomes apparent that the preconceived notion many have of "perfect people" is dispelled by learning that Christians are people too.

But for the true believer, this will ultimately, I believe, come full circle to where the believer learns the importance of having continual contact and association with other believers...kind of like the reason atheists also congregate together...lol.

Berlief! Berlief! Joking but huh? Not even beliefs now. Well I believe Christians actually stop mentally maturing. They can't give up these fairy tales because they so strongly wish it were real. But no amount of want makes it true. They fear death and want justice desperately. Children believe everything is created because they are shown that humans created these things and its fairly easy to convince them that we were created as well. Which leads to child indoctrination. The churches favorite weapon.

Yes Christians are normal people and it doesn't seem to stop them from committing terrible acts. Actually I would argue that religion helps commit atrocities.

Now I love this last paragraph so much. Conformity. You believe atheists congregate together because they realize the importance about being with eachother and yet you don't realize that this is something religions want desperately. They want you to conform with everyone else thats why they try to do events for adults and kids. Its easy to conform but the difference between you and us is Atheists don't necessarily agree with eachother. We argue and debate no matter if we believe in God or not. Theists rarely do so. King Chosen is one of the few I praise highly because of it. Religion depends on this deeply and atheism does not. I'm not saying some people might become atheists because of conformity but religion definitely uses it too its advantage.

Oh yes and Lmatriangle again with some periods... I seriously believe this is not helping your statements.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  All of these are acceptable in the Christian community because there are no rigid guidelines.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  And again, because the premise is faulty, which is, all that say they are Christians are actually Christians or that they represent Christ...the conclusion is also flawed.

Again how do you know your Christianity is the faulty one and another is true? You can;t and unfortunately won't satisfy me with an answer. How are you so sure you represent Christ? How do you know what Christ wants? I believe people who claim themselves to be Christian are Christian. Despite you saying they aren't. You can't tell these people that they aren't Chrisitans because they will tell you the same so we just group you all together even though you don't seem to agree on anything in the scripture.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Once 2/3rds of the Bible were thrown out for being "too vulgar"

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  By who? Those that did not have a true belief to begin with?

Hah, you probably toss more out of the bible than you realize. As I said before you don't follow it literally so how is yours the true belief?

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  and "only applicable to the societies of 2000 years ago"

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Certain things are. Understanding the nature of progressive revelation is key to getting a handle on what seem to be inconsistancies in scripture. This is why people think there are "two different presentations of God in scripture."
There are many different representations of the same thing in the bible. I'll show you the first I really questioned.

By hanging (Matthew 27:3-8) - "Then when Judas, who had betrayed Him, saw that He had been condemned, he felt remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 4saying, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood." But they said, "What is that to us? See to that yourself!" 5And he threw the pieces of silver into the sanctuary and departed; and he went away and hanged himself. 6And the chief priests took the pieces of silver and said, "It is not lawful to put them into the temple treasury, since it is the price of blood." 7And they counseled together and with the money bought the Potter’s Field as a burial place for strangers. 8For this reason that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day."

By falling (Acts 1:16-19) - "Brethren, the Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit foretold by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus. 17"For he was counted among us, and received his portion in this ministry." 18(Now this man acquired a field with the price of his wickedness; and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out. 19And it became known to all who were living in Jerusalem; so that in their own language that field was called Hakeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)"

Wait! I get it, I get it! Judas hung himself and than fell and died or Judas was resurrected and than died again! You never know with the bible but if this is the best you can do its not very good.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  and the other 1/3 became viewed as "inspired, to be interpreted any way you want"

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  ALL scripture is God-breathed.

Those that discredit scripture belong to the many...not the few.

Yes!! I am very glad to hear it. I'm glad God is parading his killings, torturing and raping of people.

Those that discredit the scripture are the few? Yes over a billion is pretty few. Again, its not our fault that we can discredit it so easily. If it couldn't be discredited than we wouldn't question. I know you will use some excuse but again it reveals a flawed God or the common excuse god works in dumb ways.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ...Christianity became an "anything goes" party with no requirements to become a member.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Kind of like atheism...right?

See how that goes?

Atheism does not have a document that justifies killing children, women, infants or promotes slavery. I'm sorry this argument is invalid. Yes, Atheism has nothing but a truth that a deity doesn't exist. At least we don't promote overwhelmingly wrong things with a book. Now you may cry out about Hitler or Stalin but remember we aren't tied so that was their individual choices. Atheism didn't command them to do wrong but Christianity or any religion for that matter does.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Just try to be good.

(28-05-2012 02:56 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  For the natural man, "trying" will always result in failure. Not because the natural man has no good in him, but because he is, due to his nature...separated from God.

Okay, have to go again, enjoyed it.

God bless.

For the umpteenth time. Yes, we are flawed. Us being flawed reveals an unperfect creator.

Now our trying has done many things. We have accomplished much more things with trying than anything in the bible has offered us. Medicine, technology, our own morals we have created ourselves. I believe God has failed us much more than we have failed ourselves. With God as any justification for anything its only history's greatest weapon. Now you are right we are seperated from God but that is in the sense that if we were not to know of him he would not exist. It is only through learning, indoctrinating and the lack of believing in our intelligence does it breed many people like you who will defend it because you want what it has and desperately need it.

I am sorry if you are offended but I am joking while challenging your points. If you believe I am attacking you just speak to Egor or KingChosen and you'll understand. I'm pretty blunt on what I wish to say and atheist or theist doesn't really change my tone.

I hope you reply and bring some good points. If you only have to offer acronyms that offer nothing but unintelligence than you can save you and your Gods breath. I want the truth. I want to hear things theists haven't already told me. I want you to convince me. I'm very opened to the idea of a God as a strong believer in the past. The problem is that it seems very unlikely that you are right. If you can convince me otherwise than try. If you cannot than you are no different

Dawkins bless and may the pink unicorn be with you.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 5 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
04-06-2012, 06:01 AM
(01-06-2012 10:54 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 07:23 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 12:31 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  You include the "extremes" as part of the religion, but I would just ask you: can both the moderates and the extremes truly follow the same God, and hold the same doctrine?
One side has to be wrong as to what their religion and their sacred texts actually teach, right?
I would suggest the beginnings of Islam more closely resemble the extremists than those that have westernized or, watered down their religion to make it more palatable to the world around them.
So what do we do with them? How do we determine which ones represent the teachings of Islam better?
I can only respond as follows:
... [images removed] ...
It is just my opinion, of course, but I believe you will find true believers in many, if not all, of the branches listed. There are groups that are not listed here as well that I believe you will find true believers, Chrsitians, that is.
And getting back to topic, I am not sure you have commented on whether you would agree that extremist muslims more closely resemble Isalm's beginnings and beliefs. Forgive me if you have, I am a little tired, and need to get going.

Thankyou for your response, and I'll respond in kind.

It is just my opinion, of course, but I believe you will find true believers in many, if not all, of the branches of Islam. There are groups that are not listed here as well that I believe you will find true believers, Muslims, that is.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
05-06-2012, 02:55 PM
I didn't even know I was still involved in this thread? Thanks Shiruba for the passionate rebuttals.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
05-06-2012, 06:56 PM
(01-06-2012 10:37 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  You instead seek to make sure your position here is intact, and I have to question that.

Your position is intact. Zipperhead. Tongue

Ever read Ecclesiastes where Teach goes "the reading of many works wearies the mind?" Know how he get away by saying that? By reading many fucking works. tao te ching ain't the best book everz 'cause it's the only one I know, tao te ching best book everz still. I still might go out with that thing and start up some evangelical taoism. That's comedic fiction. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user