Why Christianity is the most popular religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2014, 09:51 AM
RE: Why Christianity is the most popular religion
What part of Christianity is true? Be specific.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 10:09 AM
(05-10-2014 12:45 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  There is an easy answer to this question. It's true.

(05-10-2014 01:52 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 01:48 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Yeah, so you been saying. Which is?

A perfect being. If you're asking which religion, none.

Oh, you adorable little troll, you.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
(05-10-2014 09:09 AM)Sam Wrote:  When I read the title of this thread, my immediate thought was that it's the only religion which requires you to do absolutely bugger all...
I was thinking it's because it has the pushiest sales people.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
06-10-2014, 02:38 PM
(06-10-2014 09:44 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 12:45 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  There is an easy answer to this question. It's true.
Then why do only 32% of the world's population buy into this particular religion?

Because God is very bad at advancing his mission statement. Demonstrably bad.

Sure, apologists love to tout how Christianity is the largest religion (true, if you lump all of the sects together), but they leave out the fact that for every one Christian, there are two non-Christians. The majority of the world is non-Christian.

Oops, YHWH. Try harder.
06-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Largely because of the undue heavy influence of Emperor Constantine and Bishop Augustine, amongst others, who force fed it to everyone, and banned under capital punishment to hold other beliefs....

Thankfully it is on a long overdue decline Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
07-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Guess you're never gonna address that "no true scottsman" thing-ama-jig are ya?

"Though shall not excessively use lol." Jebus 33:37
07-10-2014, 12:34 AM
(06-10-2014 09:51 AM)natachan Wrote:  What part of Christianity is true? Be specific.

Well...

The kingdoms of Judah and Israel were real, so was Babylon, and Egypt, they were places... And the Roman Empire existed and they did once control Israel...

That's all I can think of.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-10-2014, 07:22 AM
(06-10-2014 02:38 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 09:44 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Then why do only 32% of the world's population buy into this particular religion?

Because God is very bad at advancing his mission statement. Demonstrably bad.

Sure, apologists love to tout how Christianity is the largest religion (true, if you lump all of the sects together), but they leave out the fact that for every one Christian, there are two non-Christians. The majority of the world is non-Christian.

Oops, YHWH. Try harder.

That and you have a lot of people still on the books that are no longer religious, like me. I am still technically a catholic since I have not requested excommunication. Actually I am still a member of a church parish since my wife signed us up as a family.
07-10-2014, 07:37 AM
(06-10-2014 10:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  

(05-10-2014 01:52 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  A perfect being. If you're asking which religion, none.

Oh, you adorable little troll, you.

So are the only 'theists' on this forum trolls?
Sounds boring.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
07-10-2014, 07:42 AM
(07-10-2014 07:37 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 10:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, you adorable little troll, you.

So are the only 'theists' on this forum trolls?
Sounds boring.

Nope, plenty of theist posters come and stay here that and aren't trolls.

Dildo isn't a theist though, or convincingly one, becasue you can see his post history, in a single thread about the debate of presupestionalist Sye vs Matt Dilahaunty alter as he starts trolling about how nobody can deny presuptionionalist stances.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson