Why Christianity is the most popular religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2012, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 01:32 PM by Jedah.)
RE: Why Christianity is the most popular religion
(28-05-2012 11:35 AM)KarlKennedy Wrote:  by the way buddy you said that if you convert to Islam, you have to cover yourself if you're a woman, pray five times a day, travel to Mecca, avoid certain foods, and active seek global jihad. but i say this is bullshit!!!!
after what I saw your post I swear you never know Islam!

[font=arial, sans-serif] + woman have to cover herself : give you a simple example ==> [/font]a man gives you t<o sweets one covered and one not covered what would you choose?? of course the the covered because you know it is not polluted which you can eat it without any risk, but other one maybe it was in the trash or in the ground ... then this is the same for our women ... we choose the covered.
+travel to mecca==> who says that going to mecca is necessary? Islam's five pillars of faith said that this is not mandatory to go there.
+certain foods are full of diseases like pig flesh it cause of cancer, you can check that!!! Scientists have confirmed that..! I dont think that any one of us wants to be infected with cancer Wink))
+ we pray five time: before any pray we have to clean ourselves before 5 prayers so we clean ourselves 5 times in the day.
we dont have to go to jihad as you post!!! this is bullshit
peace Wink

1. "+ woman have to cover herself : give you a simple example ==> a man gives you t<o sweets one covered and one not covered what would you choose?? of course the the covered because you know it is not polluted which you can eat it without any risk, but other one maybe it was in the trash or in the ground ... then this is the same for our women ... we choose the covered. "

Do you know what "false analogy" is?

2. "+certain foods are full of diseases like pig flesh it cause of cancer, you can check that!!! Scientists have confirmed that..! I dont think that any one of us wants to be infected with cancer Wink)) "

I dont know what kind of scientists get this result, but I do know that there are many other stuffs will get you cancer much easier than eating pork every day (like I do for 30 years).

The method you used for defending these ideas is not much different from Christian's pattern.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jedah's post
28-05-2012, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 02:08 PM by Bucky Ball.)
The Mulsim god Allah is as easily refutable as is the Judeo-Christian god, Yahweh.

Muslims assert that Allah is a later evolution, and indeed the same divine being, (in pre Islamic times), as the god of the other guys, (the Patriarchs, Prophets, and Apostles...the Jewish people, and the Christians). Thus the ONLY issue is the obvious one of continuity. If Allah really IS Yahweh, then "he" is just, if not more ridiculous, than the Yahweh god, (the "God of the Armies", better known to Christians as the "Lord of Hosts").

Yahweh is easily refuted, historically. So the question is, "is Allah a DIFFERENT deity, or a continuity?". While the claim in Islam is that the deity IS a continuity, in fact it isn't. Allah, upon historical examination, proves to be a pre-Islamic deity. The continuity claim is essential if the claim to a "continuous flow" of revelation is to remain intact. Allah, historically, has been proven to be a PRE-ISLAMIC moon god. In fact Mecca was originally built as a shrine to the moon god. The religious claims are shredded by the archaeology, just as happens with the Yahweh claims. Allah, just as Yahweh, had a wife. He was married to the sun goddess, and the stars were the daughters. Just as Yahweh, Allah was not the only god in the house. The popularity of the moon god, began to wane, as astronomers began to predict the moon's cycle, so Arabs began to say that the moon good was the greatest of the gods. Besides the moon god, they also worshiped 359 other gods at the Kabah in Mecca.

The temple of the moon god remained active as a worship site well into the Christian era, and the moon god was worshiped in both North Arabia, and South Arabia in Muhammad's day, and was still the dominant cult. The name of the moon god was "Sin", but it's title was al-ilah, which meant "the deity", (emphasis on "the"), ie meaning this deity was the chief among the gods. The god Il, or Ilah, was a PHASE of the moon god. Allah was a popular name. Muhammad's father and uncle had "Allah", as part of their names. Allah is NEVER defined in the Qur'an. Why ? Because Muhammad was raised in the cult of the moon god, and assumed that everyone already knew who he was. Muhammad just went the extra step, (as the later Jews did), and said he was one of many, then was first of many, then the only.

The claim that Allah IS Yahweh is nonsense. Islam is a moon-god cult, AND even if Allah were Yahweh, since Yahweh is nonsense, so is Allah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZY2eeozdo8

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-05-2012, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2012 04:08 AM by morondog.)
I'd have to say there's another factor that contributes to any religion's popularity: it *suits the guys in power*, the world over. Politics is so much easier if you don't have to think too hard, just get people riled up over abortion, or the ten commandments, or whatever other facile nonsense you can think of, as if there aren't enough problems in the world without all that.

Add to that that people will buy into the story so deeply that they're willing to die for it... well, that's got to give it some impetus.
28-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Well said sir! Well said!
28-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Why is Christianity the most popular? Doesn't matter.
There has to be one religion that is the most popular, but this says nothing about the truth of the religion.
Argument Fallacy: "Appeal to widespread belief". Everyone else believes in God, so you must be wrong if you do not?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
28-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Respone (#1?)to thread misinformation
(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Christianity has the most followers in the world. And the reason for this is simple:

It's the easiest religion to follow

I think I mentioned that the first mistake of this thread is the conclusion that the statistics that show there "are more Christians than any other kind of believer" is valid information.

Scripture teaches, certainly, a many/few ratio between believers and unbelievers. The problem is...you have it reversed.

As an example, look at the statement in a recent post that scripture teaches "there are three Gods," this would have been sufficient in some countries for this man to be put to death, though he and those that would take offense at this statement both call themselves muslim.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  While not a groundbreaking claim, it's my answer to the question of "if Christianity is false, how come there are so many Christians?" Just think about it.

And this is syllogistic at best, taking one from an acceptation of statistics as being valid to a conclusion that scripture does not itself agree with, and the reasoning goes something like this:

It is reported there are more Christians than any other faith/religion.

It is not questioned whether they are actually Christians, nor is what it means to be a Christian known (as evidenced by this post).

Conclusion: those reported to be Christians are...actually born again members of the Body of Christ, the Church.

While I can understand the need to strengthen one's own position, let's try to keep things in a realistic frame.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  If you convert to Islam, you have to cover yourself if you're a woman, pray five times a day, travel to Mecca, avoid certain foods, and actively seek global jihad.

As a matter of fact, every religion in the world imposes laws, rules, expected behavior, et cetera.

Yet the God of the Bible, and the teachings of scripture stand alone in being the only faith in which it is made clear that it is absolutely impossible for man to accomplish that which would grant eternal life.

Only the Christian faith teaches that God did, in man's place, ALL of the work necessary for man to be saved. Saved from what? The penalty of sin, which is everlasting punishment.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  If you convert to Judaism, you have to adhere to the dress code, the diet, learn parts of the Hebrew language, and go to Temple (community is a large part of Judaism).

Don't know too many Jews, do you. They are no different from any other group, and range from nominal to fanatical. All the while claiming to be faithful to their heritage.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Likewise with all other religions, you have to adapt their time consuming and inconvenient diets, rituals, and attire.

Christianity imposes dietary restrictions: no eating of blood and nothing offered to idols, though the latter is determined by circumstances surrounding the meal, as the mature believer knows that somebody offering meat to an idol does not change the meat...lol.

However, for the sake of the conscience of others, we are to be careful how our actions may impact a brother or sister of weaker faith.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  But with modern day Christianity, you can literally do nothing and maintain your Christian status.

Where do you get your information? It is certainly not from scripture. We are commanded to live pleasing to God, and guess what, that means a lot work. We fail at times, we seem hypocritical at times, but hey, if you have at least a basic grasp on the teaching of scripture you understand that the maturity of a believer is dependant, just like a newborn babe, upon time, nourishment, and experience.

While it is fortunate that less read believers with a feeble understanding use liberty as a license to sin, scripture does not teach that believers can live any ole way we choose. What's more, a major difference between the true believer and the nominal (the tare, in most cases), is that as God promised, he/she is no longer at liberty...to enjoy that which is displeasing to God.

You will not live a pattern of sinful behavior without evidence of growth if you are a born again believer. Evidence of true faith and salvation will be evident in that person's life, and they will not, despite the faulty teaching of some...fall away.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You can ask forgiveness and say the appropriate scripture verses to become a Christian while lounging around in your pajamas watching tv.

Oh yeah...heard that message last week...lol.

Seriously...where does this nonsense come from? I could venture a few guesses, but I could be wrong....lol.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  And from then on, all you have to do is telepathically "try" to be a "better" person.

Now I am really curious as to chapter and verse on this one...lol.

Of course, I do run across a number of people that truly live in a fantasy world, and are completely unaware of reality (kind of like hearing your voice on a recording...lol).

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You can do whatever you want, as long as you mentally "try" to do right.

It could be said that the mind is the starting place for both sin as well as improvement. However, there is no scriptural teaching that one need only try, or, for that matter...just say.

James is a good place to start to get a scriptural view of what Christianity teaches upon the difference between profession and confession.

I might profess to be a Christian but unless it is true it is not a confession of a truth.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  And if you fail, just ask forgiveness again.

Knowing that you will fail at times, it only makes sense that repeated repentance will occur.

Of course, understanding that this repentance is not unto salvation (again), but deals with the temporal aspect of our lives, is a basic factor of saving faith that most, if not all...false teachers are confused about.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle.

lol...sigh.

Chapter and verse? After all, if you are going to discuss Christianity, you should be able to provide the direct teaching from scripture.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  And the morals of Christianity are so vague

LOL!

Of the many humorous things I have read...this is up there. I guess it is vague to those that have not actually read scripture.

Kind of like your vehicle: you know how to start it, drive it...but have you actually looked at the owner's manual?

I remember when I was younger, I drove my own truck at work, and my employer paid for the gas. I was using higher octane (93), and apparently he was not happy about that. He asked me why I was using it, I said I thought it was better gas, to which he told me to look at the manual: it recommended 87.

Poor illustration, but I stil think that humorous too. And please let it go at that...not interested if running 93 is better or not...lol.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  that you can be the guy holding the "God hates fags" sign or the guy yelling at the sign-holder to be more loving and accepting of all mankind... and you would BOTH be right.

Both would be in violation of how a Christian is to conduct himself.

Both show hatred, both cause God's name to be blasphemed.

Both would not be right, sorry.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You can support evolution or be a YEC;

Now this one, to a certain extent, might be said to be acceptable, though those of us that stick to a more literal historical interpretation would be inclined to view theistic evolution as a cop-out.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  you can take the Bible 100% literally or 100% figuratively;

Not and be considered a reputable bible student or scholar. It is a scientific process, no different than interpreting the Constitution.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  you can go to church and pray every day or never go to church and pray once a month.

It is my berlief, and mine only, mind you, that Christians go through stages of growth in which they are likely to be both of the people mentioned above.

When one is first saved, they are at Church all the time. When one has grown a little, they will probably go through a stage of disillusionment, as it becomes apparent that the preconceived notion many have of "perfect people" is dispelled by learning that Christians are people too.

But for the true believer, this will ultimately, I believe, come full circle to where the believer learns the importance of having continual contact and association with other believers...kind of like the reason atheists also congregate together...lol.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  All of these are acceptable in the Christian community because there are no rigid guidelines.

And again, because the premise is faulty, which is, all that say they are Christians are actually Christians or that they represent Christ...the conclusion is also flawed.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Once 2/3rds of the Bible were thrown out for being "too vulgar"

By who? Those that did not have a true belief to begin with?

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  and "only applicable to the societies of 2000 years ago"

Certain things are. Understanding the nature of progressive revelation is key to getting a handle on what seem to be inconsistancies in scripture. This is why people think there are "two different presentations of God in scripture."

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  and the other 1/3 became viewed as "inspired, to be interpreted any way you want"

ALL scripture is God-breathed.

Those that discredit scripture belong to the many...not the few.

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ...Christianity became an "anything goes" party with no requirements to become a member.

Kind of like atheism...right?

See how that goes?

(15-06-2011 12:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Just try to be good.

For the natural man, "trying" will always result in failure. Not because the natural man has no good in him, but because he is, due to his nature...separated from God.

Okay, have to go again, enjoyed it.

God bless.
28-05-2012, 03:06 PM
(28-05-2012 10:23 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  The biggest mistake you are making in this thread is to confuse all those that claim to be Christians...with true Christians, born again believers. These will lay down their lives for their faith.
Who is supposed to judge whether or not a believer is a true Christian?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
28-05-2012, 03:44 PM
(28-05-2012 03:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-05-2012 10:23 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  The biggest mistake you are making in this thread is to confuse all those that claim to be Christians...with true Christians, born again believers. These will lay down their lives for their faith.

Even some pastors have stopped believing. It's just a job...feeding BS to the faithful.
A fool and his money are soon parted. Did a Pope write that? Should have if not.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
28-05-2012, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 06:00 PM by S.T. Ranger.)
(28-05-2012 03:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
Excellent question. The answer is: the believer.
For us to judge another's salvation, whether they belong to the Lord or not is not given to us. We can have an idea based upon the fruit which is present in their lives, to include both good works as well as the fruit of the Spirit. But to declare another unsaved is not really a good idea. When it comes to Church discipline (something that most churches have let slip), certain behavior will necessitate removal from the collective body. There is no physical harm done to them, nor is there to be animosity, but for the sake of removing those that behave in an unChrist-like manner as example and that they do not corrupt others. The hope is that they repent and repent.
Again, excellent question.

And just in case you are asking that you might question my statement that not all that is called "christian" is actually Christian, that is based upon the teaching of scripture.

"You shall know them by their fruit." This is a familiar teaching in scripture, in the Old and New Testament. It is just basic knowledge, a teaching that is intended, even as the creattion of the Nation of Israel was, as a means to separate those that belong to God from those that do not. Counterfeit believers are prophecied in scripture, and we are told to have discernment in this matter.

God bless.
28-05-2012, 06:04 PM
(28-05-2012 03:44 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(28-05-2012 03:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Who is supposed to judge whether or not a believer is a true Christian?

Even some pastors have stopped believing. It's just a job...feeding BS to the faithful.
A fool and his money are soon parted. Did a Pope write that? Should have if not.
You make my case for me...thanks...lol.
It is true, sadly, there are those that seek after "filthy lucre." Their intention for monetary gain and notoriety, rather than the welfare of the souls of men.
Would you be willing to say that those that are contrary to Christian doctrine and the command of God as set forth in scripture...are true believers?
That would be like saying that an atheist that secretly attended Church services every week, unbeknownst to his atheist friends...is actually an atheist.

Thanks for the input.
God bless.