Why Christians SUCK!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Why Christians SUCK!!!!
GOP in Tennessee wants to make the bibble the state book: http://wate.com/2015/02/11/gop-lawmaker-...tennessee/ Religious Flashers!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Why Christians SUCK!!!!
I look to see "The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" looking for equal time....

rAmen

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Does this mean that it will be a compulsory school reading-list book?

If so, I'm all for it.

Tennessee will be 100% atheist within two generations.

Thumbsup

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
11-02-2015, 05:20 PM
In contrast, some states have the bible restricted to the adult section of most libraries. Someone figured out there was a lot of sex & violence in that book which kids probably don't need exposure to.

Go figure. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Both of my daughters were required to read several sections of the Bible for their AP Literature class in high school. It was considered "literature" only, and was a summer reading assignment, and they had to pass a test on it in order to stay in the class. They both came out of the experience more atheist than before. Laughat
The other summer reading was a Greek Mythology book - appropriate, I thought.
[+] 5 users Like tln88's post
11-02-2015, 06:00 PM
(11-02-2015 05:26 PM)tln88 Wrote:  Both of my daughters were required to read several sections of the Bible for their AP Literature class in high school. It was considered "literature" only, and was a summer reading assignment, and they had to pass a test on it in order to stay in the class. They both came out of the experience more atheist than before. Laughat

Waiting for the day a US school makes students read versus from the koran.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
11-02-2015, 06:08 PM
(11-02-2015 06:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 05:26 PM)tln88 Wrote:  Both of my daughters were required to read several sections of the Bible for their AP Literature class in high school. It was considered "literature" only, and was a summer reading assignment, and they had to pass a test on it in order to stay in the class. They both came out of the experience more atheist than before. Laughat

Waiting for the day a US school makes students read versus from the koran.

We used to have a "thought of the day" followed by a moment of silence every morning at my high school. Plato, Bible, Quran, Locke, Kant, Franklin, MLK - it was all fair game.

Alabama public high school

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Were I in charge -- compulsory reading for the kiddies would include "Another Roadside Attraction" by Tom Robbins, 1984, Catch 22, and Lord of the Flies......

That'd give them a pretty complete understanding of how shit works......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-02-2015, 06:30 PM
(11-02-2015 06:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Were I in charge -- compulsory reading for the kiddies would include "Another Roadside Attraction" by Tom Robbins, 1984, Catch 22, and Lord of the Flies......

They read 3 out of 4 of those books in that class too. The only one they didn't was the Tom Robbins book, but I gave a copy of that to my daughter a couple of years ago as a "must read." Maybe that's why she is so damn smart! Ohmy
[+] 1 user Likes tln88's post
11-02-2015, 06:35 PM
(11-02-2015 06:30 PM)tln88 Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 06:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Were I in charge -- compulsory reading for the kiddies would include "Another Roadside Attraction" by Tom Robbins, 1984, Catch 22, and Lord of the Flies......

They read 3 out of 4 of those books in that class too. The only one they didn't was the Tom Robbins book, but I gave a copy of that to my daughter a couple of years ago as a "must read." Maybe that's why she is so damn smart! Ohmy

It's kind of funny -- I didn't read ANY of those in school -- but just heard they were good reads. (Tom Robbins was recommended by a friend - have since read all of his stuff...)