Why Conspiracies are stupid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: Why Conspiracies are stupid.
(15-11-2016 07:06 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  As for what may constitute as a jewish race that is contested on an international level. and I am free to my own opinion on that because of its uncertainty.

[Image: 09103d64008167b93db7b8bd51bcd18b.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-11-2016, 07:17 PM
(15-11-2016 07:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 07:06 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  As for what may constitute as a jewish race that is contested on an international level. and I am free to my own opinion on that because of its uncertainty.

[Image: 09103d64008167b93db7b8bd51bcd18b.jpg]

[Image: Come-at-me-Bro-Meme-06.jpg]
15-11-2016, 07:21 PM
[Image: come-at-me-bro-27.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-11-2016, 07:25 PM
(15-11-2016 07:10 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 06:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is all a load of codswallop.

A word may have several definitions, and the context determines the correct one.

You continue to conflate definitions by ignoring context. Please stop doing that as it is either ignorant or dishonest.
Or both. Drinking Beverage

Am I using them out of context or are you taking them out of context?

It's you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-11-2016, 09:39 PM
(15-11-2016 07:06 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You are quick on the accusations there.

Another demonstrable lie. You have been posting across multiple threads for a couple of days now. You have been repeatedly corrected on historical facts and word definitions.

You HAVE been imposing your own definitions.

Are you that stupid that you don't realize that the posts are still there? All anyone has to do is read the thread. Your word games are there for all to see.

Given your posting history, you will twist any definition in whatever word pretzel you need it to be to suit your little game.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
15-11-2016, 10:14 PM
(15-11-2016 05:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 05:37 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  He who is stupid enough to question facts like Shoah is worth only contempt - me.

Are you culturally jewish or an israeli szuchow?

It's not your business celestial_wonder.

Quote: If not why do you keep calling it Shoah?

Your curiosity will remain unsatisfied.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
15-11-2016, 10:29 PM
(15-11-2016 05:59 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 05:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  He's been imposing his definitions on the forum ever since he arrived. Why not an entire people? Why not the world?

Tongue

I haven't been imposing my definitions, i didn't make the definitions to the words of the English language. That was a cultural effort built over time by numerous people. It is not my fault if you don't know the definition to the words of the language you're speaking/writing. Heart

A nation (from Latin: natio, "people, tribe, kin, genus, class, flock") is a large group or collective of people with common characteristics attributed to them including language, traditions, mores (customs), habitus (habits), and ethnicity. By comparison, a nation is more impersonal, abstract, and overtly political than an ethnic group. It is a cultural-political community that has become conscious of its autonomy, unity, and particular interests.

A nation doesn’t require a common land, though common land can be a factor in defining a nation.

The Jewish people were forced from their home country some 2,000 years ago and lived as refugees in other countries for that time (and still do). They did not assimilate into their host cultures, but rather, retained their own culture, traditions, cuisine, language and religion.

(15-11-2016 07:06 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I said that a person who is culturally jewish isn't jewish and I wouldn't be wrong. It is called cultural appropriation. I could adopt the culture of Nordic Paganism while not being a pagan and that does not make me a Norse Pagan.

As for what may constitute as a jewish race that is contested on an international level. and I am free to my own opinion on that because of its uncertainty.

Actually, you would be wrong.

An American is defined as someone who was born in the United States, or who went through the process of becoming a citizen. In either case, the individual qualifies to carry a US passport.

There is no “American race” to define who is or isn’t American. Likewise, Judaism is made up of people from many different races, and a person from any race may choose to join. It is not a religion in the traditional sense because its membership doesn’t require a particular faith system. A person who is culturally Jewish but not necessarily Jewish by practice is still a Jew in the same sense that an American citizen living in Peru is still an American.

There is a Jewish nationality, and the Jewish people have held to the definition of what it is to be a Jew for thousands of years. The most qualified people to define what it is to be a Jew are the Jews (as a whole), not you. Yes, you may say anything you wish, but if you mean to speak with any authority, you should strive to educate yourself. Here is a good place to get started with that education.
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
15-11-2016, 10:44 PM
(15-11-2016 10:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 05:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Are you culturally jewish or an israeli szuchow?

It's not your business celestial_wonder.

Quote: If not why do you keep calling it Shoah?

Your curiosity will remain unsatisfied.

You know, you can Google things if you have a question...
16-11-2016, 03:11 AM
(15-11-2016 10:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 05:59 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I haven't been imposing my definitions, i didn't make the definitions to the words of the English language. That was a cultural effort built over time by numerous people. It is not my fault if you don't know the definition to the words of the language you're speaking/writing. Heart

A nation (from Latin: natio, "people, tribe, kin, genus, class, flock") is a large group or collective of people with common characteristics attributed to them including language, traditions, mores (customs), habitus (habits), and ethnicity. By comparison, a nation is more impersonal, abstract, and overtly political than an ethnic group. It is a cultural-political community that has become conscious of its autonomy, unity, and particular interests.

A nation doesn’t require a common land, though common land can be a factor in defining a nation.

The Jewish people were forced from their home country some 2,000 years ago and lived as refugees in other countries for that time (and still do). They did not assimilate into their host cultures, but rather, retained their own culture, traditions, cuisine, language and religion.

(15-11-2016 07:06 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I said that a person who is culturally jewish isn't jewish and I wouldn't be wrong. It is called cultural appropriation. I could adopt the culture of Nordic Paganism while not being a pagan and that does not make me a Norse Pagan.

As for what may constitute as a jewish race that is contested on an international level. and I am free to my own opinion on that because of its uncertainty.

An American is defined as someone who was born in the United States, or who went through the process of becoming a citizen. In either case, the individual qualifies to carry a US passport.

There is no “American race” to define who is or isn’t American. Likewise, Judaism is made up of people from many different races, and a person from any race may choose to join. It is not a religion in the traditional sense because its membership doesn’t require a particular faith system. A person who is culturally Jewish but not necessarily Jewish by practice is still a Jew in the same sense that an American citizen living in Peru is still an American.

There is a Jewish nationality, and the Jewish people have held to the definition of what it is to be a Jew for thousands of years. The most qualified people to define what it is to be a Jew are the Jews (as a whole), not you. Yes, you may say anything you wish, but if you mean to speak with any authority, you should strive to educate yourself. Here is a good place to get started with that education.

Now this might sound absurd to you, but wouldn't it be highly likely that the Palestinians are the ones descended from the ancient jews? How would you describe their position?
16-11-2016, 05:39 AM
(16-11-2016 03:11 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 10:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  A nation (from Latin: natio, "people, tribe, kin, genus, class, flock") is a large group or collective of people with common characteristics attributed to them including language, traditions, mores (customs), habitus (habits), and ethnicity. By comparison, a nation is more impersonal, abstract, and overtly political than an ethnic group. It is a cultural-political community that has become conscious of its autonomy, unity, and particular interests.

Now this might sound absurd to you, but wouldn't it be highly likely that the Palestinians are the ones descended from the ancient jews? How would you describe their position?

They're Syrian. We can have a separate discussion about that if you like.