Why Conspiracies are stupid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 10:57 AM
RE: Why Conspiracies are stupid.
(16-11-2016 10:47 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:45 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You need to listen to the podcast on TTA called a universe from nothing

I haven't listened to a TTA podcast in a very very long time. I also don't see the point so could you give me a rundown of the podcast? Mainly. Does it actually postulate the universe came from nothing or is that just a catchy title to attract people's attention?

(16-11-2016 10:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "What stops the Big Bang from being a divine act of creation? "

Lack of intent. Lack of a sentient being to have intent to create it.

That is from your perspective, now give that perspective to a Christian who does believe in a god and you can see how easily it will go hand in hand with their beliefs.

Basically you are telling me you have a closed mindset go listen to the podcast if you dare, its got loads of science in it you might learn something. I'm not going to give you a rundown because I know how you twist and distort peoples words so I'm not falling for that one, nice try though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2016, 11:01 AM
(16-11-2016 10:27 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The Big Bang theory must be pretty fragile if it needs so many scientists to assert it all the time

Really? I guess that shoots the round earth theory right in the ass. Gravity? Done.
Heliocentric model? Nope. Right out. Germ theory? Oops. Back to vitalism.

(16-11-2016 10:27 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I don't have to support my disbelief of the big bang, it is you who must come to me with evidence to convince me...

Burden of proof usually rests on the person making the claim. Since your claim disputes the accepted explanation, we asked you to justify it. You did not.

(16-11-2016 10:27 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  If the big bang theory isn't infallible, then I should not receive flak for not believing in it, people may not say it is not infallible, but they are certainly act like it is.

It is currently accepted as the best explanation. For it to be changed two things must happen:

1) The BBT must be disproved by research that is supported by evidence.
2) The BBT must be replaced by a new explanation that is also supported by evidence.

You are receiving flak because you are arguing dishonestly and not supporting your position. If you can't handle the flak, stop lying and stop making unsupported claims.

(16-11-2016 10:27 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  As for Dogma

Here is Richard Dawkins evangelizing to atheists telling them to mock and ridicule theists

here is one of the definitions of Dogma

a point of view or tenet put forth as authoritative without adequate grounds

Once again, Richard Dawkins is not an authority on "atheism". He is an authority on evolution.

Did it sink into your head that time?
Were the words simple enough for you to understand?

Dawkins no speakee for us.

How about that? Would a picture do it? A cartoon?

Or are you really that stupid that you can't comprehend it?

Dawkins speaks for himself.
He has no authority outside of evolution.

Now as far as adequate grounds, I cede that to him. The man has had to deal with ignorant, anti-education, science-denying fucknuts for most of his career.

These people have caused incalculable damage to the education system and generations of children with their lies and misinformation.

I can understand and sympathize with his anger and frustration.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
16-11-2016, 11:03 AM
(16-11-2016 10:56 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Fuck me is this guy for real ? Shocking

I think he's a dirty sock, and he smells a lot like Heywood Jablohme.

You could be right especially as he said he hasn't listened to a podcast in ages but only joined TTA the day before yesterday, not definitive but it does smell kinda socky.
16-11-2016, 11:03 AM
(16-11-2016 10:27 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  ..don't exactly believe the red shift is due to the doppler effect

Please elaborate

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
16-11-2016, 11:05 AM
(16-11-2016 10:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:47 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I haven't listened to a TTA podcast in a very very long time. I also don't see the point so could you give me a rundown of the podcast? Mainly. Does it actually postulate the universe came from nothing or is that just a catchy title to attract people's attention?

That is from your perspective, now give that perspective to a Christian who does believe in a god and you can see how easily it will go hand in hand with their beliefs.

Basically you are telling me you have a closed mindset go listen to the podcast if you dare, its got loads of science in it you might learn something. I'm not going to give you a rundown because I know how you twist and distort peoples words so I'm not falling for that one, nice try though.

Basically I'm telling you today is my first day off for the week and I'm not spending an hour listening to some podcast. Time is a very precious commodity. Of which we have so little in our finite lives.

(16-11-2016 10:56 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Fuck me is this guy for real ? Shocking

I think he's a dirty sock, and he smells a lot like Heywood Jablohme.

I'm just trying to get atheists to act more like Carl Sagan, Carl Sagan for a lot of us is what led us to our disbelief in a god. Or at least he certainly was for me, and then Richard Dawkins comes by and starts telling everyone religion is this and religion is that, and how we should treat religious people and I think Dawkins' approach is wrong.

A horse will never come to eat from your hand if you beat it every time it approaches you.

(16-11-2016 10:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:47 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I haven't listened to a TTA podcast in a very very long time. I also don't see the point so could you give me a rundown of the podcast? Mainly. Does it actually postulate the universe came from nothing or is that just a catchy title to attract people's attention?

"That is from your perspective, now give that perspective to a Christian who does believe in a god and you can see how easily it will go hand in hand with their beliefs."

Different perspectives aren't the same as different opinions. Christians with a paucity of evidence for their claims, don't equate with the lack of evidence for the universe being created by a sentient being. You're conflating issues.

The lack of evidence of a god or a sentient being or a conscious universe, isn't a matter of perspective. It is a consequence of having no evidence to substantiate those beliefs/opinions.

The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence, in this atheists also have no evidence to substantiate their disbelief in a god. So the big bang theory at its core level is a matter of opinion because neither side has evidence on what made it happen. It is literally the perfect theory religion could ask for.
16-11-2016, 11:05 AM
(16-11-2016 10:37 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:33 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Please explain what a fascist state constitutes what how and why this applies to Israel.
Here.

I asked for your explanation, you sent me a link.
I would prefer to talk to you and not to your links.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
16-11-2016, 11:09 AM
Hasn't the OP gained enough weight?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2016, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2016 11:18 AM by TheBeardedDude.)
(16-11-2016 11:05 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Basically you are telling me you have a closed mindset go listen to the podcast if you dare, its got loads of science in it you might learn something. I'm not going to give you a rundown because I know how you twist and distort peoples words so I'm not falling for that one, nice try though.

Basically I'm telling you today is my first day off for the week and I'm not spending an hour listening to some podcast. Time is a very precious commodity. Of which we have so little in our finite lives.

(16-11-2016 10:56 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I think he's a dirty sock, and he smells a lot like Heywood Jablohme.

I'm just trying to get atheists to act more like Carl Sagan, Carl Sagan for a lot of us is what led us to our disbelief in a god. Or at least he certainly was for me, and then Richard Dawkins comes by and starts telling everyone religion is this and religion is that, and how we should treat religious people and I think Dawkins' approach is wrong.

A horse will never come to eat from your hand if you beat it every time it approaches you.

(16-11-2016 10:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "That is from your perspective, now give that perspective to a Christian who does believe in a god and you can see how easily it will go hand in hand with their beliefs."

Different perspectives aren't the same as different opinions. Christians with a paucity of evidence for their claims, don't equate with the lack of evidence for the universe being created by a sentient being. You're conflating issues.

The lack of evidence of a god or a sentient being or a conscious universe, isn't a matter of perspective. It is a consequence of having no evidence to substantiate those beliefs/opinions.

The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence, in this atheists also have no evidence to substantiate their disbelief in a god. So the big bang theory at its core level is a matter of opinion because neither side has evidence on what made it happen. It is literally the perfect theory religion could ask for.

"The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence...
I never said it was.

...in this atheists also have no evidence to substantiate their disbelief in a god."
Incorrect. A paucity of evidence is reason to not believe in something.

"So the big bang theory at its core level is a matter of opinion because neither side has evidence on what made it happen."
You appear to be grossly misinformed about the Big Bang Theory. You should remedy that instead of saying such ignorant things.

"It is literally the perfect theory religion could ask for."
Do you believe it an insult to label science or scientific theories as "religious?" Is that why you keep trying to equate science or scientific theory with religion?

Once again, what is the definition of "religion" you are using? It seems it only exists as a label of insult for you.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
16-11-2016, 11:13 AM
(16-11-2016 11:01 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:27 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The Big Bang theory must be pretty fragile if it needs so many scientists to assert it all the time

Really? I guess that shoots the round earth theory right in the ass. Gravity? Done.
Heliocentric model? Nope. Right out. Germ theory? Oops. Back to vitalism.

(16-11-2016 10:27 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I don't have to support my disbelief of the big bang, it is you who must come to me with evidence to convince me...

Burden of proof usually rests on the person making the claim. Since your claim disputes the accepted explanation, we asked you to justify it. You did not.

(16-11-2016 10:27 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  If the big bang theory isn't infallible, then I should not receive flak for not believing in it, people may not say it is not infallible, but they are certainly act like it is.

It is currently accepted as the best explanation. For it to be changed two things must happen:

1) The BBT must be disproved by research that is supported by evidence.
2) The BBT must be replaced by a new explanation that is also supported by evidence.

You are receiving flak because you are arguing dishonestly and not supporting your position. If you can't handle the flak, stop lying and stop making unsupported claims.

(16-11-2016 10:27 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  As for Dogma

Here is Richard Dawkins evangelizing to atheists telling them to mock and ridicule theists

here is one of the definitions of Dogma

a point of view or tenet put forth as authoritative without adequate grounds

I'm not claiming anything, I'm just saying I don't believe in the big bang theory. You're the one(s) claiming it.

Quote:Once again, Richard Dawkins is not an authority on "atheism". He is an authority on evolution.

Did it sink into your head that time?
Were the words simple enough for you to understand?

Dawkins no speakee for us.

How about that? Would a picture do it? A cartoon?

Or are you really that stupid that you can't comprehend it?

Dawkins speaks for himself.
He has no authority outside of evolution.

He certainly seems to think he has the authority on the existence of god.

Quote:Now as far as adequate grounds, I cede that to him. The man has had to deal with ignorant, anti-education, science-denying fucknuts for most of his career.

So did Carl Sagan, and Carl Sagan never acted like he did, and Carl Sagan has reached a multitude more people than Dawkins could ever hope to.

Quote:These people have caused incalculable damage to the education system and generations of children with their lies and misinformation.

I can understand and sympathize with his anger and frustration.

Shall you beat the horse? or shall you pet it gently? Which one do you think will allow you to earn the trust of the horse?

'these people' is a generalization.
16-11-2016, 11:17 AM
(16-11-2016 11:05 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Basically you are telling me you have a closed mindset go listen to the podcast if you dare, its got loads of science in it you might learn something. I'm not going to give you a rundown because I know how you twist and distort peoples words so I'm not falling for that one, nice try though.

(16-11-2016 10:56 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I think he's a dirty sock, and he smells a lot like Heywood Jablohme.

(16-11-2016 10:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "That is from your perspective, now give that perspective to a Christian who does believe in a god and you can see how easily it will go hand in hand with their beliefs."

Let me guess you are the gallant and noble horse charging to the rescue of ill informed and under educated atheists and getting beaten back ? Consider
In your dreams matey Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post