Why Conspiracies are stupid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: Why Conspiracies are stupid.
(16-11-2016 12:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry I haven't been paying attention to this thread.

Anyone care to give me a synopsis of what's going on?

Oh, and I will be watching it from now on.

What's going on smells suspiciously like a dirty sock to me. I recommend a dirty sock check.

I'm still digging, but it's totally possible to have more than one nutcase, after all, I'm just a sock puppet of Stark. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2016, 12:45 PM
(16-11-2016 12:42 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It is one definition of religion that you selectively use, that still doesn't equate science or scientific theory with religion. (that's because the way that this definition of religion uses the word "faith" is clearly not the same definition as the one for "faith" you try to use.)

Well it certainly didn't specify which definition it could use. Also again, using it to describe the behavior of atheists. I've said it many times already that 'Dawkinists' treat science like their new religion. And I've explained why and how and you just keep running circles around me so much so that Full Circle would be jealous.

The definitions are what they are, if you take such offense to it then change the english language.

Equivocation much?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
16-11-2016, 12:47 PM
(16-11-2016 11:21 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 11:05 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I asked for your explanation, you sent me a link.
I would prefer to talk to you and not to your links.

I view Fascism as something akin to Nazism, which used fear to control people, actively sought to misinform people, the preaching of nationalism, and all the while spewing intolerance of others based on religion, race, culture, or political ideology. The government of Israel holds many of these characteristics.

Thanks! Thumbsup

You gave 4 criteria of which you claim "The government of Israel holds many of these characteristics." Can you please give a simple example on how the government of Israel fits to each of those characteristics you mentioned?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
16-11-2016, 12:48 PM
(16-11-2016 12:42 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It is one definition of religion that you selectively use, that still doesn't equate science or scientific theory with religion. (that's because the way that this definition of religion uses the word "faith" is clearly not the same definition as the one for "faith" you try to use.)

Well it certainly didn't specify which definition it could use. Also again, using it to describe the behavior of atheists. I've said it many times already that 'Dawkinists' treat science like their new religion. And I've explained why and how and you just keep running circles around me so much so that Full Circle would be jealous.

The definitions are what they are, if you take such offense to it then change the english language.

I don't know what this response has to do with any of the criticisms and points I've raised. I still don't know what a "Dawkinist" is or what the "some atheists" are or how you justify the circular reasoning behind your cherry-picked definitions. Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
16-11-2016, 12:50 PM
(16-11-2016 12:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:42 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Well it certainly didn't specify which definition it could use. Also again, using it to describe the behavior of atheists. I've said it many times already that 'Dawkinists' treat science like their new religion. And I've explained why and how and you just keep running circles around me so much so that Full Circle would be jealous.

Equivocation much?

Full Circle we're on probably 10th page of this now.
16-11-2016, 12:58 PM
(16-11-2016 12:50 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Equivocation much?

Perhaps it's time to start listening then? You know, instead of assuming that the ideas you're spewing out are correct despite no one else here agreeing with them. Drinking Beverage Just a thought.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
16-11-2016, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2016 01:14 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(16-11-2016 12:47 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 11:21 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I view Fascism as something akin to Nazism, which used fear to control people, actively sought to misinform people, the preaching of nationalism, and all the while spewing intolerance of others based on religion, race, culture, or political ideology. The government of Israel holds many of these characteristics.

Thanks! Thumbsup

You gave 4 criteria of which you claim "The government of Israel holds many of these characteristics." Can you please give a simple example on how the government of Israel fits to each of those characteristics you mentioned?

I shall give you examples of three.

Uno Uno2 using fear to manipulate the people

Dos Dos 2 Dos 3 Promoting Intolerance

Tres Tres2 Preaching of Nationalism
16-11-2016, 01:05 PM
(16-11-2016 12:27 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  That is one of the definitions already in use fatbaldhobbit. It is accurate, and it isn't confusing because its a definition.

Absolutely not. The definition you provided uses the word as an adjective to describe something. You are using the word to mean belief in a supernatural source.

(16-11-2016 12:27 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Its like a grape, there are many varieties of grapes and there isn't just any one kind. We're free to harvest these grapes as we see fit.

No, you are bound by social conventions and the responsibility to maintain communication that is understandable and acceptable to all parties.

You are playing word games.
You are not very good at those games.
Pointing out your mistakes, lies and manipulations is growing tiresome.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
16-11-2016, 02:24 PM
(16-11-2016 12:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:27 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Selective use of definitions, creation of circular arguments, straw men, and equating atheism with the mysterious "faith" and "religion" of "some atheists."

Oh my. Gasp looks like a real charmer.

Well...I'll keep an eye on things. Smile

Our administration in action. Heart

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-11-2016, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2016 04:45 PM by Full Circle.)
(16-11-2016 12:50 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Equivocation much?

Dear CW, as long as you continue to engage in it I shall continue to call it out. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post