Why Conspiracies are stupid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 04:08 AM
RE: Why Conspiracies are stupid.
If it's a conspiracy theory - they inevitably show up......

[Image: image.jpg?w=553&c=1]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2016, 06:04 AM
(15-11-2016 12:26 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  So my disbelief in the big bang means I have less of an understanding of science? Or would that simply make me more skeptical than you?

It means that you are directing your skepticism towards things that have evidence, if you are looking for conspiracies everywhere, without supporting evidence, then you're just paranoid-and wasting your time.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
15-11-2016, 06:30 AM
(14-11-2016 10:23 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  So everything I say is incorrect? John Wayne was an actor.

Where did I say that?

(14-11-2016 10:23 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You seem to be on the defensive quite a lot.

Correcting errors is not "on the defensive."

(14-11-2016 10:23 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I will fully admit there is some difference between a scientific theory and a conspiracy theory, but they are both, nonetheless, THEORIES.

A scientific theory consists of a majority of evidence and a minority of speculation.
A conspiracy theory consists of a minority of evidence and a majority of speculation.

(14-11-2016 10:23 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I accept that I know I don't know. Can you do the same? Can you even admit a possibility that some conspiracies might actually be true?

This is blatantly dishonest. I have already stated this, and you replied to it.

(14-11-2016 08:13 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  It is a historical fact that President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by a group of conspirators.

It is a conspiracy theory to say that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by the Illuminati, the mafia or whoever else.

Stop lying.

(14-11-2016 10:23 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  If you can then why are you being so adverse to my posts?

Because I don't like liars and I don't like being lied to.
Because I don't like people telling me what I believe.
Because I don't like people who lecture me on my behavior before they know me.
Because I don't like people who redefine words and manipulate conversation to suit their arguments.

Those enough, or shall I continue?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 6 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
15-11-2016, 06:56 AM
(15-11-2016 12:26 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You were saying that conspiracies were uncovered and didn't have a theory for them, I was saying that this was because they were uncovered while the conspiracies were happening.

That is not how the discussion went. Go back and re-read it.

Quote:Take for example the Lavon Affair.

So?

Quote:
Quote:In such the case as the Holocaust there were boundless rumors, but people believed them to be just that. Until suddenly after the war millions of people simply vanished. You could be allowing a new holocaust, and you wouldn't even know, because it was just 'an absurd theory'.

There was evidence, not just rumor. Are you intentionally twisting things?

Quote:So if there are conspiracies that are happening it is our duty to try and discern what is actually happening. Apathy towards a crime is just as bad as committing the crime itself, because you're allowing it to happen. Some might even say its worse.

Again, how has that anything to do with this?
Conspiracy theories are those claims of conspiracy where the evidence is scant and refuted.

Quote:Again, what has that to do with my response which was to point out your erroneous statement?

If we aren't trying to discern modern conspiracies we become the co-conspirators essentially. You said there was evidence for the holocaust and it was ignored or denied. So how do you know you're not doing the same thing. Assuming you think conspiracy theories are rubbish otherwise I don't think you'd take the ample time to respond to me in this fashion.

What the actual fuck are you talking about?
I think conspiracy theories are rubbish when they have been demonstrated to be rubbish.
Claims stay in the "probably bullshit" category until there is sufficient evidence to classify them otherwise.

Quote:
Quote:It is still just a theory because scientific theories could still be wrong. That is why they're called a scientific theory instead of scientific law.

Quote:No. Just no.
Fuck off with this 'just a theory' bullshit.

See above to see how wrong you are.

So scientific theories are infallible?

You are an annoying twat. I didn't say that, no one said that.

Quote:
Quote:Not when its concerning the big bang theory no. Drinking Beverage
Quote:You should learn some actual science instead of whatever it is you are doing.

So my disbelief in the big bang means I have less of an understanding of science? Or would that simply make me more skeptical than you?

Once again, you are being an annoying twat. Your claim was that believing the Big Bang was a faith position. It is not.
There is sufficient evidence to make it credible. That isn't a statement that says it is the final answer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
15-11-2016, 07:04 AM
(14-11-2016 07:57 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  They're not, history is rife with them.

List of False Flags openly admitted by governments.

A list of Political Conspiracies

List of Assinations in Europe

List of Assinations Around the World

So no conspiracies aren't stupid, I believe in a lot of conspiracies, including the ones you've seen here. And you believe in conspiracies to, IE the Holocaust which was itself a conspiracy no matter how you try to spin it whether you're De Nile or a Belieber someone somewhere mass murdered millions and it was a conspiracy.

So congratulations. You're a conspiracy theorist.
This is why I use the term "conspiracy NUT" to describe people who claim that Obama is a Muslim or that no planes hit the Pentagon. Those people are either mislead or crazy or on an agenda to attack a person or group.
15-11-2016, 07:08 AM
(15-11-2016 12:26 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  So my disbelief in the big bang means I have less of an understanding of science?

The impression I get is that it is your limited understanding of science that supports your disbelief in the big bang, your misrepresentations of evolution, and your vague speculations on consciousness.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-11-2016, 08:23 AM
(15-11-2016 07:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 07:57 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  They're not, history is rife with them.

List of False Flags openly admitted by governments.

A list of Political Conspiracies

List of Assinations in Europe

List of Assinations Around the World

So no conspiracies aren't stupid, I believe in a lot of conspiracies, including the ones you've seen here. And you believe in conspiracies to, IE the Holocaust which was itself a conspiracy no matter how you try to spin it whether you're De Nile or a Belieber someone somewhere mass murdered millions and it was a conspiracy.

So congratulations. You're a conspiracy theorist.
This is why I use the term "conspiracy NUT" to describe people who claim that Obama is a Muslim or that no planes hit the Pentagon. Those people are either mislead or crazy or on an agenda to attack a person or group.

When I am restored to a more wakeful state I will respond to the others. But I must ask a question.

How do you differentiate a conspiracy nut from a regular old conspiracy theorist?
15-11-2016, 08:44 AM
(15-11-2016 08:23 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 07:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  This is why I use the term "conspiracy NUT" to describe people who claim that Obama is a Muslim or that no planes hit the Pentagon. Those people are either mislead or crazy or on an agenda to attack a person or group.

When I am restored to a more wakeful state I will respond to the others. But I must ask a question.

How do you differentiate a conspiracy nut from a regular old conspiracy theorist?
I don't.
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
15-11-2016, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2016 09:24 AM by adey67.)
The holocaust was very real, my grandfather was with British forces when they liberated Bergen Belsen he had nightmares for years after. Just before he died in the late 80's the conspiracies started with that idiot David Irving saying the holocaust was down to typhus and typhus only,my grandfather just shook his head and said even if it was just typhus which it wasn't these poor people wouldn't have got the typhus in the first place if they had not been crowded together in such inhumane conditions. Normally I would rip a holocaust denier a new one but you're a newbie and deserve a chance to settle in here, however a word to the wise, other members here might not be as understanding.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
15-11-2016, 09:40 AM
(15-11-2016 08:23 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 07:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  This is why I use the term "conspiracy NUT" to describe people who claim that Obama is a Muslim or that no planes hit the Pentagon. Those people are either mislead or crazy or on an agenda to attack a person or group.

If you think scientific theories are faith based then don't fly in a plane, don't drive a car, don't use antibiotics, don't use modern medicine, your cell phone or pretty much everything that has been invented since the industrial revolution. They use scientific theories. You're an idiot.

The Holocaust was known by Roosevelt and others to be going on, they didn't know the extent of the killing but they were aware of it. In the midst of the war they couldn't do much about it. Read books on WW II.

My father worked briefly for the Resistance movement in Germany smuggling jewelry out of Germany for Jewish families who were frisked at the border. This was before the Germans closed the borders, when Americans simply showed their passports to officials. It was common knowledge that death camps were going on. The press knew about it too. People could smell the odor of burning human flesh. It has a distinct odor.

Again, you're a fucking idiot.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post