Why Conspiracies are stupid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 09:52 AM
RE: Why Conspiracies are stupid.
Okay, I'm having some trouble following this thread.

Is this guy a holocaust denier and a denier of the big bang?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2016, 09:58 AM
(15-11-2016 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, I'm having some trouble following this thread.

I think so but he keeps changing his mind,later on in the thread he seems to say he isn't a holocaust denier. Its hard to follow but anyone who entertains the idea that the holocaust was a conspiracy theory is a denier in my eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-11-2016, 10:05 AM
(15-11-2016 09:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, I'm having some trouble following this thread.

I think so but he keeps changing his mind,later on in the thread he seems to say he isn't a holocaust denier. Its hard to follow but anyone who entertains the idea that the holocaust was a conspiracy theory is a denier in my eyes.

They're "Concern Trolls". "I'm concerned that the evidence regarding the Holocaust may have been fabricated to some extent." They then go off and dump an bunch of copy-pasta from Stormfront on a forum.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
15-11-2016, 10:17 AM

He likes to play with definitions. He's trying to make any theory equal to a conspiracy theory. So he can equate the Big Bang Theory and The Big Foot Shot Kennedy after he Crashed at Roswell Theory.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
15-11-2016, 11:53 AM

No, he's a conflationist. He equates conspiracies and secrets with conspiracy theories. Since the German government wasn't straightforward about what was happening with the Holocaust, the OP terms it a conspiracy and, by extension, the same as a conspiracy theory. OP doesn't attempt to understand or parse the difference between conspiracies (covert plans with some kind of goal, some successful and some not) and conspiracy theories (fantastical explanations of events).

His main aim seems to make himself look smart and others look stupid, but I think he's having the opposite effect. I think his vagueness and contradictions are the result of the OP's very fuzzy thinking and not intentional attempts to spring verbal traps.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
15-11-2016, 12:07 PM
OP, do you also believe that I'm running the world from my smartphone?

[Image: Shut-It-Down.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
15-11-2016, 12:22 PM
(15-11-2016 11:53 AM)julep Wrote:  

No, he's a conflationist. He equates conspiracies and secrets with conspiracy theories. Since the German government wasn't straightforward about what was happening with the Holocaust, the OP terms it a conspiracy and, by extension, the same as a conspiracy theory. OP doesn't attempt to understand or parse the difference between conspiracies (covert plans with some kind of goal, some successful and some not) and conspiracy theories (fantastical explanations of events).

His main aim seems to make himself look smart and others look stupid, but I think he's having the opposite effect. I think his vagueness and contradictions are the result of the OP's very fuzzy thinking and not intentional attempts to spring verbal traps.
He must be a very insecure person indeed.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-11-2016, 12:58 PM
(15-11-2016 12:07 PM)Aliza Wrote:  OP, do you also believe that I'm running the world from my smartphone?

[Image: Shut-It-Down.png]

Just leave us your recipes. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-11-2016, 02:40 PM
(15-11-2016 11:53 AM)julep Wrote:  

That's because I don't believe in fantastical conspiracies theories. Conspiracies are pretty straightforward, I've provided ample evidence to prove that people commit conspiracies all the time. If you don't want to even remotely consider the possibility then that conspiracies theories have substance to them then at this point there's nothing I can do for you, you'd be a victim of your own irrationality and that is not my responsibility.

And remember how people in the cold war (hippies) said for ages that the government was trying to mind control people? That was Mk Ultra.

As for the Holocaust I've said it before I very much believe in the Holocaust.

So toss your erroneous sarcasm my way all you want. Even if it does nothing more than make you feel better about yourself.

Quote:He likes to play with definitions. He's trying to make any theory equal to a conspiracy theory. So he can equate the Big Bang Theory and The Big Foot Shot Kennedy after he Crashed at Roswell Theory.

Bigfoot and Roswelll are not even conspiracies. Well not likely Roswell at least, I mean at best it was just some secretive government spacecraft, maybe Russian, or United States origin, (Maybe UK?), or maaaaybe even a Nazi satellite. I mean the Nazis did have the technology to do so and they were the first ones to launch an object into space (IE the v2 rockets) but that wouldn't make it a conspiracy. I'm agnostic mostly on Roswell, I mean I can't know for sure what happened. But if it was an alien spacecraft we'd be far more advanced as a civilization than we are now.
15-11-2016, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2016 02:57 PM by Aliza.)
(15-11-2016 02:40 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  As for the Holocaust I've said it before I very much believe in the Holocaust.

How does someone believe in the holocaust?

That’s like saying that you believe in the roundness of the Earth, that you believe in Native Americans, or that you believe in the island nation of Japan. When you word it like that, you're basically acknowledging the argument that says these things are not real.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post