Why Conspiracies are stupid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 05:59 PM
RE: Why Conspiracies are stupid.
(15-11-2016 05:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 05:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Without knowing anything about you or your background, I still wager to guess that you're not in a position to define who is, and who isn't a Jew.

Maybe Google can help you with that since you didn't want to take me at my word.

Whether you decide to actually research the subject or not, it's outrageously arrogant and presumptuous of you to try to impose your definitions on an entire people.

He's been imposing his definitions on the forum ever since he arrived. Why not an entire people? Why not the world?

Tongue

I haven't been imposing my definitions, i didn't make the definitions to the words of the English language. That was a cultural effort built over time by numerous people. It is not my fault if you don't know the definition to the words of the language you're speaking/writing. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2016, 06:07 PM
(15-11-2016 05:46 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  i never claimed that Roswell was the result of a crashed alien spacecraft.
Don't worry, endless numbers of idiots have that covered.
Quote:I actually hadn't seen any of the photos regarding the debris of Roswell. That is how of little concern it was to me. I am able to admit my own ignorance on these things. Because there are more important REAL conspiracies theories that are more worthy of my time.
Yep, but conspiracy nuts don't out them. The term "conspiracy theory" has come to mean "Some hairbrained idiot with an overactive albeit weak imagination and a theory that is nothing like what a theory should be."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2016, 06:08 PM
(15-11-2016 05:59 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 05:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  He's been imposing his definitions on the forum ever since he arrived. Why not an entire people? Why not the world?

Tongue

I haven't been imposing my definitions, i didn't make the definitions to the words of the English language. That was a cultural effort built over time by numerous people. It is not my fault if you don't know the definition to the words of the language you're speaking/writing. Heart

You have been misusing words and conflating definitions and usages since you got here.
It is annoying. Please stop doing that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
15-11-2016, 06:13 PM
(15-11-2016 03:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Facepalm It was a weather balloon.

Yeah, I watched a TV program on that where they had three or four people on who had been there. They had seen and/or handled the wreckage. One was Jesse Marcel's son. The TV crew showed them various materials (at a special effects company) and asked them if any of them resembled the "alien" materials. Marcel's son said that the reflective mylar was the material he saw. Not resembled, was the material.

The speculation was that the device was a top secret balloon being used to test advanced radar and missile detection systems. Mylar wasn't publicly available for a couple of years after, but it could easily have been produced by the military then.

In any case, that explanation is a thousand times more likely than "aliens". Not as entertaining, but ....

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
15-11-2016, 06:16 PM
(15-11-2016 06:07 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 05:46 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  i never claimed that Roswell was the result of a crashed alien spacecraft.
Don't worry, endless numbers of idiots have that covered.
Quote:I actually hadn't seen any of the photos regarding the debris of Roswell. That is how of little concern it was to me. I am able to admit my own ignorance on these things. Because there are more important REAL conspiracies theories that are more worthy of my time.
Yep, but conspiracy nuts don't out them. The term "conspiracy theory" has come to mean "Some hairbrained idiot with an overactive albeit weak imagination and a theory that is nothing like what a theory should be."

That's just what the government wants you to believe conspiracy theories are, you'll never look into something you think is idiotic, you'll never question something you hate. So if you ever want someone to not question something just make it out to be one of those two. Like what Szuchow was doing. To him questioning the holocaust is stupid and he hates those who question it. To me when I questioned the holocaust, it was a valid concern that the government may have lied about it, which I have absolutely zero trust in the government. But questioning it only strengthened my belief that the holocaust happened and I wasn't afraid of the answer I might find because truth to me is invaluable and I would rather suffer the degradation for what I believe is true than to remain afraid of questioning something, that's how i became an atheist after all.

(15-11-2016 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have been misusing words and conflating definitions and usages since you got here.

I use words only as they ought to be used. A word includes the use of all its definitions and if a word has more than one definition then there is no singular definition for one word.

It is then not improper of me to use the word with one of its definitions even if others are uncomfortable by its deeper implications.
15-11-2016, 06:18 PM
(15-11-2016 06:16 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  That's just what the government wants you to believe conspiracy theories are, you'll never look into something you think is idiotic, you'll never question something you hate.

Chortle.
15-11-2016, 06:21 PM
(15-11-2016 06:13 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 03:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Facepalm It was a weather balloon.

Yeah, I watched a TV program on that where they had three or four people on who had been there. They had seen and/or handled the wreckage. One was Jesse Marcel's son. The TV crew showed them various materials (at a special effects company) and asked them if any of them resembled the "alien" materials. Marcel's son said that the reflective mylar was the material he saw. Not resembled, was the material.

The speculation was that the device was a top secret balloon being used to test advanced radar and missile detection systems. Mylar wasn't publicly available for a couple of years after, but it could easily have been produced by the military then.

In any case, that explanation is a thousand times more likely than "aliens". Not as entertaining, but ....
Mac Brazell described what he found as string, sticks, aluminum foil and rubber. He was so unimpressed with it that he didn't mention it for two weeks, until he heard there was a reward for actual evidence of a UFO. Jesse Marcel then made an unauthorized press release stating that the evidence had been found. He looks very embarrassed in the pictures his commanding general made his pose for with the trash he thought was so important. The world then forgot about Roswell for 30 years until a wooista author needed to have something to write about and met the now-former PAO officer.
15-11-2016, 06:23 PM
(15-11-2016 04:05 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The Holocaust is only something you accept if you have never questioned it,

Seriously. Bull-fucking-shit. I have seen the films taken during the liberation of the camps. I have read history books. I have listened to survivor accounts.

The Germans kept obsessively meticulous records. The Holocaust is the most documented, evidenced crime in the history of mankind.

There is no "evidence" against it. Just a bunch of racist fucknuts claiming that "dey wuz all lyin'!!!"

(15-11-2016 04:05 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I have questioned the Holocaust and so I believe it.

I'm sure that the German and Israeli people will all sleep better knowing that you do so.

(15-11-2016 04:05 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I suggest you do not accept the Holocaust out of hand, and I would also implore you to question it, see what the other side has to offer if only just to say you did question it.

If only you had researched the Big Bang so assiduously...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
15-11-2016, 06:23 PM
(15-11-2016 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 05:59 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I haven't been imposing my definitions, i didn't make the definitions to the words of the English language. That was a cultural effort built over time by numerous people. It is not my fault if you don't know the definition to the words of the language you're speaking/writing. Heart

You have been misusing words and conflating definitions and usages since you got here.

Yabut, he's got words. He's got the best words.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-11-2016, 06:25 PM
(15-11-2016 06:23 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have been misusing words and conflating definitions and usages since you got here.

Yabut, he's got words. He's got the best words.

All the better to woo you with my dear. Wink