Why Creationism Has No Place In Science Class

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Why Creationism Has No Place In Science Class
I'm very thankful for him, but I do wish he wouldn't marginalize those who are more activist in their approach, and proudly wear the moniker of atheist.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2014, 11:01 PM
(10-03-2014 10:09 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Dunno to me Tyson is too much like a pussy. He goes through all kinds of mental gymnastics to avoid being called an atheist even though he trolled god openly multiple times(especially the intelligent design).

Yeah, how dare he try to avoid being branded an atheist and ignored, spread of knowledge be damned!

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
10-03-2014, 11:05 PM
(10-03-2014 11:01 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 10:09 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Dunno to me Tyson is too much like a pussy. He goes through all kinds of mental gymnastics to avoid being called an atheist even though he trolled god openly multiple times(especially the intelligent design).

Yeah, how dare he try to avoid being branded an atheist and ignored, spread of knowledge be damned!

And if people would ignore blacks would he say he was white? It's time to stop being pussy.
11-03-2014, 04:09 AM
When he said Republicans are more pro-science than Democrats I realised he was just a professional contrarian.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
11-03-2014, 06:41 AM
(10-03-2014 05:38 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Atheists want to be able to claim him as one of us (with good reason), but the huge rise in atheism that's appeared recently is something he's publicly said hewould rather not get involved in, and I can respect him for that. He's often said he prefers to refer to himself as agnostic (although his definition of agnostic is the same as my definition of atheist).

Yeah, the word "atheism" has a lot of baggage tied to it. Especially in American culture. You can see that when theists and agnostics come here and use "atheism" to mean "gnostic atheism". I always assume when a person says they're "agnostic", they either don't understand the terms or they are deliberately distancing themselves from the word. There was a time when I considered going about as "agnostic" just to save time.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
11-03-2014, 06:42 AM
The believers (of that very shaky, faith-based position of evolution) would have you believe that creation has no place but it is alive and well. The world can see the beauty of creation in everything.

God bless you.

~ Miss Meng
11-03-2014, 09:07 AM
(11-03-2014 06:42 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  The believers (of that very shaky, faith-based position of evolution) would have you believe that creation has no place but it is alive and well. The world can see the beauty of creation in everything.

God bless you.

~ Miss Meng

[Image: u8aha3e2.jpg]

[Image: 8yha5aje.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post