• 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Why Did You Join TTA?
What the title says. ^.^
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: Why Did You Join TTA?
I was working at a job where I wore headphones most of the time and had just discovered podcasts. Some searching led me to The Thinking Atheist podcast and I quickly burned through all the episodes and starting reading some of the books mentioned. Seth either mentioned the forum or I looked for the website - I don't recall which any more. I came here and like/d some of the people so I stayed...almost five years now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
03-12-2016, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 11:02 PM by Gilgamesh.)
I wanted to get into work helping autistic kids and wanted an experience that would prepare me for it.
[+] 8 users Like Gilgamesh's post
03-12-2016, 10:57 PM
I don't know any atheists irl, so I wanted to find a community of like-minded people. I also came for the free cookies and Satan worship Wink Tongue
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
03-12-2016, 11:27 PM
I know very few atheists. Plus I wanted to watch theists come here and get annihilated by logic.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
03-12-2016, 11:33 PM
the podcast brought me here Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
03-12-2016, 11:34 PM
At work.

Wait? This in an Atheist web site?

(O_o)

It's so hard to make things out on my little phone screen.

Facepalm

Tongue

Big Grin
[+] 9 users Like Peebothuhul's post
03-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Why Did You Join TTA?
Too long ago, can't remember. I know I mainly read just the science and philosophy sections for my first year.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-12-2016, 11:50 PM
(03-12-2016 10:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I wanted to get into work helping autistic kids and wanted an experience that would prepare me for it.

Okay, that was funny. Laughat

I came here in search of a place to use as a sounding board for all of my thoughts and questions about my newfound lack of faith. What I found was a community of pretty chill folks with a sense of humor that rivaled mine and an intelligence that overwhelmed me but everyone was always kind enough to oblige my ignorance and patronize my inquiries.

In short, just good fucking people. Humanity at its best and worst, but compassion and courage, it's all found here. Even douchecanoes like Gilgamesh are welcome if that tells you anything. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
04-12-2016, 12:34 AM
If I told you then I would have to kill you............. haha the real reason is I just wanted to meet like minded people. Ended up meeting a lot of good people.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post