Why Did You Join TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: Why Did You Join TTA?
I listened to the podcast a lot and wanted a place to escape my Catholic forum during the Election insanity. Staying because you all are much more fun (and to an extent, caring). I've actually learned a bit about the Bible and such. Never heard the "iron chariots" verse before, for instance.

(04-12-2016 12:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I thought it was a dating site.

Still hoping.

Sadcryface

It is? If you want a nice Catholic girl, I've got a phorum you can join, it's resulted in about 7 marriages... Wink

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-12-2016, 01:59 PM
(04-12-2016 12:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I listened to the podcast a lot and wanted a place to escape my Catholic forum during the Election insanity. Staying because you all are much more fun (and to an extent, caring). I've actually learned a bit about the Bible and such. Never heard the "iron chariots" verse before, for instance.

(04-12-2016 12:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I thought it was a dating site.

Still hoping.

Sadcryface

It is? If you want a nice Catholic girl, I've got a phorum you can join, it's resulted in about 7 marriages... Wink

Everywhere is a dating site if you turn it into a dating site. Tongue I think the best place to meet people is when there's no pressure or expectations to be met.

My strategy of ignoring my problems until they disappear never seems to work out for me. ...I'll try to get around to dealing with that in the near future.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
04-12-2016, 02:01 PM
I got in the wrong line.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
04-12-2016, 02:11 PM
(04-12-2016 01:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 12:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I listened to the podcast a lot and wanted a place to escape my Catholic forum during the Election insanity. Staying because you all are much more fun (and to an extent, caring). I've actually learned a bit about the Bible and such. Never heard the "iron chariots" verse before, for instance.

Everywhere is a dating site if you turn it into a dating site. Tongue I think the best place to meet people is when there's no pressure or expectations to be met.

My first thought was a clickbait-y headline after reading that, "This woman has a tip about online dating, eHarmony hates her!" But a good point, now that you point it out that way. Still, if DLJ wants to meet a nice Catholic girl, just saying... Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-12-2016, 02:57 PM
I joined because i thought it said T & A. Need allof that I can get!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
04-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Was looking for new baby recipes.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
04-12-2016, 05:23 PM
AF.org was down for a bit, and I was very over AF.com with its shrill clique long before then. So here I are.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-12-2016, 07:28 PM
I had googled a religion topic during an online debate, I think it was about the merits of Heaven and stumbled upon the forum. It was pretty awesome to find a group of people who mostly agreed with me and sometimes I would read a post and think "Dang, I couldn't have said that better." or "Wow, I just learned something new." I had joined when Q was here and I had fun debating him and other theists and atheists alike, I just like learning more, debating, laughing, sharing jokes and testing myself here.

I tend to get very depressed and frustrated when the world seems so religious or just...not like me? There have been times when I've thought "This world sucks, people really suck, I hate this." and then I remember "Oh yeah, the TTA forum, those people are cool (mostly) Tongue." and I can remind myself I'm not the only one who feels this way, I'm not totally alone and we will be fine. Thumbsup

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 10 users Like SitaSky's post
04-12-2016, 09:29 PM
I value and appreciate people who think differently from the majority: I often learn the most interesting, creative, and fascinating things from these people. Hence, TTA seemed like a great opportunity to encounter more people like this, which is why I joined. As a result, I've come across some highly unique and interesting individuals on this site. Hence, I'm looking forward to learning more from the people here, as I enjoy getting outside of myself and exploring the various perspectives of others.

Thanks for your time and attention. Live long and prosper.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 5 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
04-12-2016, 10:29 PM
I was sooooo fucking baked and thought I was clicking on 'The Thinking Pizzathist'. Mmmmmmmm.......pizza.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade