Why Did You Join TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: Why Did You Join TTA?
I listened to the podcast a lot and wanted a place to escape my Catholic forum during the Election insanity. Staying because you all are much more fun (and to an extent, caring). I've actually learned a bit about the Bible and such. Never heard the "iron chariots" verse before, for instance.

(04-12-2016 12:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I thought it was a dating site.

Still hoping.

Sadcryface

It is? If you want a nice Catholic girl, I've got a phorum you can join, it's resulted in about 7 marriages... Wink

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-12-2016, 01:59 PM
(04-12-2016 12:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I listened to the podcast a lot and wanted a place to escape my Catholic forum during the Election insanity. Staying because you all are much more fun (and to an extent, caring). I've actually learned a bit about the Bible and such. Never heard the "iron chariots" verse before, for instance.

(04-12-2016 12:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I thought it was a dating site.

Still hoping.

Sadcryface

It is? If you want a nice Catholic girl, I've got a phorum you can join, it's resulted in about 7 marriages... Wink

Everywhere is a dating site if you turn it into a dating site. Tongue I think the best place to meet people is when there's no pressure or expectations to be met.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
04-12-2016, 02:01 PM
I got in the wrong line.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
04-12-2016, 02:11 PM
(04-12-2016 01:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 12:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I listened to the podcast a lot and wanted a place to escape my Catholic forum during the Election insanity. Staying because you all are much more fun (and to an extent, caring). I've actually learned a bit about the Bible and such. Never heard the "iron chariots" verse before, for instance.

Everywhere is a dating site if you turn it into a dating site. Tongue I think the best place to meet people is when there's no pressure or expectations to be met.

My first thought was a clickbait-y headline after reading that, "This woman has a tip about online dating, eHarmony hates her!" But a good point, now that you point it out that way. Still, if DLJ wants to meet a nice Catholic girl, just saying... Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-12-2016, 02:57 PM
I joined because i thought it said T & A. Need allof that I can get!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
04-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Was looking for new baby recipes.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
04-12-2016, 05:23 PM
AF.org was down for a bit, and I was very over AF.com with its shrill clique long before then. So here I are.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-12-2016, 07:28 PM
I had googled a religion topic during an online debate, I think it was about the merits of Heaven and stumbled upon the forum. It was pretty awesome to find a group of people who mostly agreed with me and sometimes I would read a post and think "Dang, I couldn't have said that better." or "Wow, I just learned something new." I had joined when Q was here and I had fun debating him and other theists and atheists alike, I just like learning more, debating, laughing, sharing jokes and testing myself here.

I tend to get very depressed and frustrated when the world seems so religious or just...not like me? There have been times when I've thought "This world sucks, people really suck, I hate this." and then I remember "Oh yeah, the TTA forum, those people are cool (mostly) Tongue." and I can remind myself I'm not the only one who feels this way, I'm not totally alone and we will be fine. Thumbsup

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 10 users Like SitaSky's post
04-12-2016, 09:29 PM
I value and appreciate people who think differently from the majority: I often learn the most interesting, creative, and fascinating things from these people. Hence, TTA seemed like a great opportunity to encounter more people like this, which is why I joined. As a result, I've come across some highly unique and interesting individuals on this site. Hence, I'm looking forward to learning more from the people here, as I enjoy getting outside of myself and exploring the various perspectives of others.

Thanks for your time and attention. Live long and prosper.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 5 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
04-12-2016, 10:29 PM
I was sooooo fucking baked and thought I was clicking on 'The Thinking Pizzathist'. Mmmmmmmm.......pizza.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade