Why Did You Join TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2016, 12:44 AM
RE: Why Did You Join TTA?
The milkshakes brought me here. Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2016, 04:26 AM
(05-12-2016 12:44 AM)SYZ Wrote:  The milkshakes brought me here. Tongue

So this is the yard?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
05-12-2016, 06:03 AM
(04-12-2016 09:32 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 11:27 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I know very few atheists. Plus I wanted to watch theists come here and get annihilated by logic.
Sounds good. while I personally agree, most atheists will argue the burden of proof is upon the theist to prove the existence of god.
logically, I am of the opinion that a logical case that there is no god because no god can truely be shown to be needed. All theist arguments proport to prove the "existence" of God. Notice "existence" is always presumed. An uncaused existence would never need any kind of god. Therefore there is no god nor are there any gods.

Ask a theist who wants to defined the concept of there being a god -
* How would the universe be any different if there was a god?
* How would the premise that there is no god be shown to be absurd? (There is no god, how is that absurd?")
* Why would truth need a god to be true? Such as the laws of logic. Or the concept 1 + 1 = 2, why would that need any god to be true?

My answer: To promote definitive proofs that there are no god or gods.

No theist that i've personally met has been willing to even entertain questions like that. They always get frustrated and hand wave it away, if i even get that far into detail after asking them basic questions. They aren't interested in logic and are happy with being willfully ignorant. I shit you not i once asked my boss "what makes your religion true and others not?". Her response: "Because that's how I was raised." I rested my case at that point.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
05-12-2016, 06:33 AM
(04-12-2016 02:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I got in the wrong line.

"I'm English, I know how to queue." Arthur Dent.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2016, 06:37 AM
(05-12-2016 06:33 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 02:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I got in the wrong line.

"I'm English, I know how to queue." Arthur Dent.

It wasn't the how, it was the where.... and as an American I don't queue, I get in line unless I'm in New York where I get on line.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
05-12-2016, 06:41 AM
(05-12-2016 06:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 06:33 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "I'm English, I know how to queue." Arthur Dent.

It wasn't the how, it was the where.... and as an American I don't queue, I get in line unless I'm in New York where I get on line.

Take a cue and queue. Smartass
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2016, 07:15 AM
Because I hate god.

Really, it is because I have no one to talk to in real life and this is the only place where I can speak my real thoughts from time to time. I know no other atheist and that really sucks.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-12-2016, 07:38 AM
(05-12-2016 07:15 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Because I hate god.

Really, it is because I have no one to talk to in real life and this is the only place where I can speak my real thoughts from time to time. I know no other atheist and that really sucks.

I thought that being atheist in Poland sucks. I've never imagined USA as that religious*.

*To be fair I never gave USA much thought unlike compatriots enamoured with States.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
05-12-2016, 07:49 AM
(05-12-2016 07:38 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 07:15 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Because I hate god.

I thought that being atheist in Poland sucks. I've never imagined USA as that religious*.

*To be fair I never gave USA much thought unlike compatriots enamoured with States.

Well, where I live in the US it's considered a given that you believe in the christian version of god. If you say that you're an atheist people look at you with total confusion.
05-12-2016, 07:55 AM
(05-12-2016 07:49 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 07:38 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I thought that being atheist in Poland sucks. I've never imagined USA as that religious*.

Well, where I live in the US it's considered a given that you believe in the christian version of god. If you say that you're an atheist people look at you with total confusion.

It's not much different here, though admiting to atheism is met with accusations of being commie thanks to historic associations. Nationalist also thinks that one can not be True Pole (whatever that means) without being catholic.

I also have feeling that religion is one the rise in recent times but to be honest it never was truly harmed, even when Poland was behind Iron Curtain.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.