Why Did You Join TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2016, 06:11 AM
RE: Why Did You Join TTA?
(07-12-2016 05:34 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 08:12 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I married one 30 years ago. She still wears her Catholic school girl uniform sometimes when I'm a good boy.

... and only then when you're not wearing it? Laugh out load

[Image: badcos3_zpstsnaolho.jpg]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-12-2016, 08:45 AM
(05-12-2016 09:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sexual repression is a wonderful thing.

Angel

As someone who deals with a person who grew up sexually repressed, I can tell you firsthand it is NOT a good thing.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
07-12-2016, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 12:57 PM by jennybee.)
(07-12-2016 08:45 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 09:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sexual repression is a wonderful thing.

Angel

As someone who deals with a person who grew up sexually repressed, I can tell you firsthand it is NOT a good thing.

Agreed. When I was a Christian I always felt guilty for enjoying myself during sex, like I was doing something wrong in the eyes of Jesus. And that God was watching me with a disapproving look while I was doin' my thing Laugh out load And masturbating, um, yeah that's out too according to my ex-religion. Now that I'm an atheist, I am soooooo much happier and can enjoy sex without the threat of hell. It was extremely freeing to kick God out of my life and my bedroom Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 7 users Like jennybee's post
07-12-2016, 02:57 PM
I ran out of quality debates on YouTube so did a quick search for forums I could peruse here and there. This one seemed the most interesting after a month so i stoped lurking at the others, after several months I waded into the fray myself.

It's the people that have KEPT me here though.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
07-12-2016, 04:41 PM
(07-12-2016 12:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  And masturbating, um, yeah that's out too according to my ex-religion.

That's totally everyone's favorite thing to Confess x.x Can't even imagine what it would be like to have to do so to someone of the opposite sex.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2016, 04:44 PM
(07-12-2016 04:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 12:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  And masturbating, um, yeah that's out too according to my ex-religion.

That's totally everyone's favorite thing to Confess x.x Can't even imagine what it would be like to have to do so to someone of the opposite sex.

Oh, I never confessed it to the old perverted priests. I just kept it between me and Jesus Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-12-2016, 04:47 PM
(07-12-2016 12:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 08:45 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  As someone who deals with a person who grew up sexually repressed, I can tell you firsthand it is NOT a good thing.

Agreed. When I was a Christian I always felt guilty for enjoying myself during sex, like I was doing something wrong in the eyes of Jesus. And that God was watching me with a disapproving look while I was doin' my thing Laugh out load And masturbating, um, yeah that's out too according to my ex-religion. Now that I'm an atheist, I am soooooo much happier and can enjoy sex without the threat of hell. It was extremely freeing to kick God out of my life and my bedroom Big Grin

^^^^^^^ This. Been in a relationship for 16 years and I am still dealing with it with her. The shitty part is that she doesn't notice.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
07-12-2016, 06:56 PM
(07-12-2016 04:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 04:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  That's totally everyone's favorite thing to Confess x.x Can't even imagine what it would be like to have to do so to someone of the opposite sex.

Oh, I never confessed it to the old perverted priests. I just kept it between me and Jesus Wink

I wish I felt like I didn't have to tell them. I really hate the ones who go "how many times". <.<

(07-12-2016 04:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 12:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed. When I was a Christian I always felt guilty for enjoying myself during sex, like I was doing something wrong in the eyes of Jesus. And that God was watching me with a disapproving look while I was doin' my thing Laugh out load And masturbating, um, yeah that's out too according to my ex-religion. Now that I'm an atheist, I am soooooo much happier and can enjoy sex without the threat of hell. It was extremely freeing to kick God out of my life and my bedroom Big Grin

^^^^^^^ This. Been in a relationship for 16 years and I am still dealing with it with her. The shitty part is that she doesn't notice.
Sorry Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
07-12-2016, 07:03 PM
(07-12-2016 06:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 04:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh, I never confessed it to the old perverted priests. I just kept it between me and Jesus Wink

I wish I felt like I didn't have to tell them. I really hate the ones who go "how many times". <.<

(07-12-2016 04:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  ^^^^^^^ This. Been in a relationship for 16 years and I am still dealing with it with her. The shitty part is that she doesn't notice.
Sorry Sad

When I was a Catholic, I always felt that I didn't need to tell the priests anything since God sees everything, so I just went directly to the source and eliminated the middle man Wink

07-12-2016, 07:26 PM
(07-12-2016 04:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 12:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed. When I was a Christian I always felt guilty for enjoying myself during sex, like I was doing something wrong in the eyes of Jesus. And that God was watching me with a disapproving look while I was doin' my thing Laugh out load And masturbating, um, yeah that's out too according to my ex-religion. Now that I'm an atheist, I am soooooo much happier and can enjoy sex without the threat of hell. It was extremely freeing to kick God out of my life and my bedroom Big Grin

I noticed I was doing it, but I never told my bf I was struggling with it. I kept it to myself and after doing the deed, I would get out my rosary and promise God to be a good girl from now on Angel Until of course, the next time I had sex, then back to the rosary Tongue My situation was additionally troublesome for me at the time, because I was a devout Christian and having sex with my bf and we weren't married. So I thought for sure I was going to hell.