Why Didn't The Hebrews Believe In An Afterlife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 06:00 AM
RE: Why Didn't The Hebrews Believe In An Afterlife
William Lane 'Two Citations' Craig?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
20-09-2013, 07:42 AM
(20-09-2013 01:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 02:10 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oh! And I also authored/edited 20 volumes of JDEP materials, which I regret doing when I was a top academic. I was wrong I tell you, all wrong! Confused

William Lane Craig considers himself a 'top academic' too... Drinking Beverage

"Top academic" sounds like a self-imposed title. Most of the people I've met that are considered experts in their fields don't feel the need to tell you that they're experts. It becomes apparent after about 10 seconds of conversation that they know what they're talking about.

But what do I know, I'm just a "top guitarist." Tongue

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
20-09-2013, 07:58 AM
(20-09-2013 07:42 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  But what do I know, I'm just a "top guitarist." Tongue

I can ace the guitar solo part of Pearl Jam's 'Alive' on Expert in Rockband. Does that count? Consider

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
23-09-2013, 02:48 PM
(20-09-2013 07:42 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 01:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  William Lane Craig considers himself a 'top academic' too... Drinking Beverage

"Top academic" sounds like a self-imposed title. Most of the people I've met that are considered experts in their fields don't feel the need to tell you that they're experts. It becomes apparent after about 10 seconds of conversation that they know what they're talking about.

But what do I know, I'm just a "top guitarist." Tongue

Of course. I was making fun of BB's oft-quoted assertion that nearly 20 volumes of mainline scholarly conjecture on JDEP makes it so. If we only referred to academicians as "right" then no religion would be right that I can recall. And few politicians or entertainers either, so maybe BB has a point worth making.
23-09-2013, 09:36 PM
(23-09-2013 02:48 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:   If we only referred to academicians as "right" then no religion would be right that I can recall.

You seem to assume this is a problem... Laughat

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
24-09-2013, 09:18 AM
(23-09-2013 09:36 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-09-2013 02:48 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:   If we only referred to academicians as "right" then no religion would be right that I can recall.

You seem to assume this is a problem... Laughat

You trimmed the rest of my charming response! Blush