Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(30-03-2015 03:00 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  Hi there,
I agree that atheists have high suicidal rates, and it's not even about me agreeing or not, it's statistics, and statistics speak truth.
But if you think this means that their belief is wrong, then continue living in your beautiful lie.
Atheists do commit suicide because they thought about the meaning of life a lot, to come to the conclusion that there isn't a meaning.
I'm an atheist, I thought countless hours about our existence. I couldn't come to something meaningful. On the contrary, you have a beautiful reason not to suicide. Life for you is some of deity's works (trademark), you shouldn't kill yourself because gawd will be angry at you and stuff. Here's my point of view, you don't have a god to love you. You might be the type of person that doesn't wanna stay with his family, and if you have a spouse to care for you, then if die they might still have feelings for you but they'll start to love someone else. I see the human population just like a bacteria population but with brains, no one really gives two shits if you die. Also I can't see how much difference I'm going to make to this world. This is how many atheists think. Other atheists might acknowledge this but wouldn't care much, like party people and people who have reasons to live for, i.e. challenges etc. And then you dare call atheists eccentric selfish shits? The truth isn't always gonna draw a smile on your face. I believe most atheists who suicide are deep into this type of philosophical thoughts, I don't hide that I have suicidal thoughts sometimes (but I'll never do that, don't get police on my tail now Tongue). I believe you get my idea. Reply for any unclarities/debate. But don't debate like a child, it's childish and eccentric (karma) to believe happiness accompanies truth. Excuse my weak vocabulary, English isn't my native language.

Oh, hi, hbl. Ready for another banhammer? Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-03-2015, 03:46 PM
(30-03-2015 03:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, hi, hbl. Ready for another banhammer? Laughat

You think it's him? Hmmm...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
30-03-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't believe sharshibil is hbl. He/she probably followed google, which found the post.

Hbl quoted babble verses spammed us with his asinine religious posts.

I don't believe there has ever been a conclusive study that has stated that atheists have a higher suicide rate than anyone else.

If they do return and start posting babble verses I'll reconsider.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-03-2015, 03:57 PM
(30-03-2015 03:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't believe sharshibil is hbl. He/she probably followed google, which found the post.

I don't believe there has ever been a conclusive study that has stated that atheists have a higher suicide rate than anyone else.

Betcha it is. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-03-2015, 04:21 PM
(30-03-2015 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 03:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't believe sharshibil is hbl. He/she probably followed google, which found the post.

Betcha it is. Drinking Beverage

I'm 97% certain he/she isn't based on the post and relevant ip addresses and compared to hbl's other posts and ip...many of them at least -- but included the first post. I never saw anywhere hbl professed to be an atheist. So there's that. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-03-2015, 04:22 PM
I agree that atheists have high suicidal rates, and it's not even about me agreeing or not, it's statistics, and statistics speak truth.
But if you think this means that their belief is wrong, then continue living in your beautiful lie.
Atheists do commit suicide because they thought about the meaning of life a lot, to come to the conclusion that there isn't a meaning.
I'm an atheist, I thought countless hours about our existence. I couldn't come to something meaningful. On the contrary, you have a beautiful reason not to suicide. Life for you is some of deity's works (trademark), you shouldn't kill yourself because gawd will be angry at you and stuff. Here's my point of view, you don't have a god to love you. You might be the type of person that doesn't wanna stay with his family, and if you have a spouse to care for you, then if die they might still have feelings for you but they'll start to love someone else. I see the human population just like a bacteria population but with brains, no one really gives two shits if you die. Also I can't see how much difference I'm going to make to this world. This is how many atheists think. Other atheists might acknowledge this but wouldn't care much, like party people and people who have reasons to live for, i.e. challenges etc. And then you dare call atheists eccentric selfish shits? The truth isn't always gonna draw a smile on your face. I believe most atheists who suicide are deep into this type of philosophical thoughts, I don't hide that I have suicidal thoughts sometimes (but I'll never do that, don't get police on my tail now Tongue). I believe you get my idea. Reply for any unclarities/debate. But don't debate like a child, it's childish and eccentric (karma) to believe happiness accompanies truth. Excuse my weak vocabulary, English isn't my native language.

If you're going to appeal to statistical truths it's probably better to give the actual citations while you're at it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
30-03-2015, 10:20 PM
(30-03-2015 04:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

If you're going to appeal to statistical truths it's probably better to give the actual citations while you're at it.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_suicide
30-03-2015, 10:26 PM
(30-03-2015 10:20 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 04:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If you're going to appeal to statistical truths it's probably better to give the actual citations while you're at it.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_suicide

From a reverend in 1894? Seems kinda outdated and biased.
30-03-2015, 10:27 PM
(30-03-2015 04:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
I'm an atheist, I thought countless hours about our existence. I couldn't come to something meaningful. On the contrary, you have a beautiful reason not to suicide. Life for you is some of deity's works (trademark), you shouldn't kill yourself because gawd will be angry at you and stuff. Here's my point of view, you don't have a god to love you. You might be the type of person that doesn't wanna stay with his family, and if you have a spouse to care for you, then if die they might still have feelings for you but they'll start to love someone else. I see the human population just like a bacteria population but with brains, no one really gives two shits if you die. Also I can't see how much difference I'm going to make to this world. This is how many atheists think. Other atheists might acknowledge this but wouldn't care much, like party people and people who have reasons to live for, i.e. challenges etc. And then you dare call atheists eccentric selfish shits? The truth isn't always gonna draw a smile on your face. I believe most atheists who suicide are deep into this type of philosophical thoughts, I don't hide that I have suicidal thoughts sometimes (but I'll never do that, don't get police on my tail now :P). I believe you get my idea. Reply for any unclarities/debate. But don't debate like a child, it's childish and eccentric (karma) to believe happiness accompanies truth. Excuse my weak vocabulary, English isn't my native language.

Yo there, first things first, fix the reply system for posts, things get mixed up and I'm not even sure if you'll get what i'm writing now. Next things next, i don't know what's that hbl shit but i ain't got none to do with that. and for the sources of statistics, although this is a religious site, it does site some references: http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_suicide

and you said hbl used some christian verses, i told you i'm an atheist. and the one who said google got me here, you're right, procrastinating when exams
30-03-2015, 10:34 PM
The external links cited in that article suspiciously contains references for only one side of the argument.

And the 2004 study's sample consists of 371 DEPRESSED inpatients. I think this is an important point to note because then you can't generalize this to the entire atheist demographic, unless you have further proof that all atheists are depressed.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes ivaneus's post