Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 11:18 PM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(30-03-2015 10:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 10:53 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  why the fuck are you referencing me to the bible, i told you i'm an atheist, and i'm not even from a christian background. and for the dude who said what appeals to be true to me means none to others, yea you're right. and why are we even arguing about this? like at first we were arguing with someone who said atheism isn't true because of suicidal. well, let's not argue about the truth of suicidal things, i'm off with that subject, you convinced me. But i'm saying there are two cases: first case: not true that atheists suicide: the original poster has no point. second case: atheists do suicide (for the sake of the arguement, i'm not debating this point): this doesn't mean they're wrong. got me now?

For a college kid, you write like shit.

Or maybe English isn't their first language? Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-03-2015, 11:46 PM
(30-03-2015 11:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 10:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  For a college kid, you write like shit.

Or maybe he's a shit Consider

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-03-2015, 11:55 PM
(30-03-2015 11:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 11:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Or maybe English isn't their first language? Consider

Or maybe he's a shit Consider

your post has been reported as personal abuse. and yea i already said english isn't my first language, and being in college doesn't mean i'm a shakespeare, i'm not studying cultural shit i'm doing mathematics
31-03-2015, 12:35 AM
(30-03-2015 11:55 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 11:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  Or maybe he's a shit Consider

your post has been reported as personal abuse. and yea i already said english isn't my first language, and being in college doesn't mean i'm a shakespeare, i'm not studying cultural shit i'm doing mathematics

... Wow, mathematics nogal? That hard hard subject with the numbers and stuff? I deeeeeeeeeply apologise for offending you Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-03-2015, 12:44 AM
(30-03-2015 11:55 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  your post has been reported as personal abuse.

That's...really not the way things work around here. If you could get in trouble for insults I think like at least half of the regular members here would be banned.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
31-03-2015, 05:33 AM
(30-03-2015 11:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 10:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  For a college kid, you write like shit.

Like seriously, even those whose first language isn't English are able to use upper case letters.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
31-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Remember that something like 3/4 of the world believe in some fairy tale or other, and in a lot of places being an atheist is a miserable existence. Being heavily persecuted, or too scared to even admit to anyone what you think about the madness around you could be grounds for suicide in itself.

So this may warp statistics, if in fact there is any evidence of higher atheist suicide rates.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2015, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2015 07:12 AM by unfogged.)
(30-03-2015 10:36 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  but tell me why do you keep opposing this idea? like it's trivial that we have "fewer reasons for living, particularly fewer moral objections to suicide." (copy paste from the link i provided) , like seriously who would disagree to this.

I disagree with it completely. Theists have only 1 reason to live, they've been told they have to. Atheists have the freedom to find as many reasons as they want. Anecdotally, every ex-theist I know of has said that they felt much happier after giving up the dogma. If you look I think you'll find that is very common.

By the way, quoting conservapedia is just hilarious. They don't even pretend to hide their bias.

Finally, for what it is worth, I don't believe your claims to be an atheist. Your arguments belie that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
31-03-2015, 08:03 AM
(30-03-2015 10:20 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 04:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If you're going to appeal to statistical truths it's probably better to give the actual citations while you're at it.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_suicide

And you think motherfucking Conservapedia is a reliable source?

Um, no.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
31-03-2015, 08:06 AM
(31-03-2015 05:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 11:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Or maybe English isn't their first language? Consider

Like seriously, even those whose first language isn't English are able to use upper case letters.

Well, now; let's be generous. Only European languages, by and large, differentiate letter case - maybe he's from somewhere that doesn't. So he doesn't have no excuse for being too ignorant and lazy to hit the shift key - just a really bad one.

... this is my signature!