Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2015, 11:42 AM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(30-03-2015 03:00 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  ...statistics speak truth...

Laugh out load

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2015, 12:16 PM
(31-03-2015 08:06 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 05:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Like seriously, even those whose first language isn't English are able to use upper case letters.

Well, now; let's be generous. Only European languages, by and large, differentiate letter case - maybe he's from somewhere that doesn't. So he doesn't have no excuse for being too ignorant and lazy to hit the shift key - just a really bad one.

no, i do know how to use the shift key, but i don't use it because i see no use in capitalising letters, and whoever doesn't like it can gfy, i honestly don't care much more than that my idea is conveyed clearly, i'm not into persecuting the details
31-03-2015, 12:20 PM
(31-03-2015 12:16 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 08:06 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, now; let's be generous. Only European languages, by and large, differentiate letter case - maybe he's from somewhere that doesn't. So he doesn't have no excuse for being too ignorant and lazy to hit the shift key - just a really bad one.

no, i do know how to use the shift key, but i don't use it because i see no use in capitalising letters, and whoever doesn't like it can gfy, i honestly don't care much more than that my idea is conveyed clearly, i'm not into persecuting the details

persecuting the details? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2015, 12:22 PM
(31-03-2015 06:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 10:36 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  but tell me why do you keep opposing this idea? like it's trivial that we have "fewer reasons for living, particularly fewer moral objections to suicide." (copy paste from the link i provided) , like seriously who would disagree to this.

I disagree with it completely. Theists have only 1 reason to live, they've been told they have to. Atheists have the freedom to find as many reasons as they want. Anecdotally, every ex-theist I know of has said that they felt much happier after giving up the dogma. If you look I think you'll find that is very common.

By the way, quoting conservapedia is just hilarious. They don't even pretend to hide their bias.

Finally, for what it is worth, I don't believe your claims to be an atheist. Your arguments belie that.

just because i'm an atheist, you can't expect me to support atheism for every single point, that's called bias, and it's certainly not the way i became an atheist. and if you insist enough, i'm from muslim background, arab to be exact, studying in a dutch university in dutch language. that's all i have to say, i don't care what you're gonna believe or not believe after this.
31-03-2015, 12:24 PM
(31-03-2015 12:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 11:55 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  your post has been reported as personal abuse. and yea i already said english isn't my first language, and being in college doesn't mean i'm a shakespeare, i'm not studying cultural shit i'm doing mathematics

... Wow, mathematics nogal? That hard hard subject with the numbers and stuff? I deeeeeeeeeply apologise for offending you Rolleyes

i see some (just 100%) sarcasm in there
31-03-2015, 12:26 PM
(31-03-2015 12:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 12:16 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  no, i do know how to use the shift key, but i don't use it because i see no use in capitalising letters, and whoever doesn't like it can gfy, i honestly don't care much more than that my idea is conveyed clearly, i'm not into persecuting the details

persecuting the details? Consider

***following*** the details
31-03-2015, 12:27 PM
(31-03-2015 12:22 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 06:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I disagree with it completely. Theists have only 1 reason to live, they've been told they have to. Atheists have the freedom to find as many reasons as they want. Anecdotally, every ex-theist I know of has said that they felt much happier after giving up the dogma. If you look I think you'll find that is very common.

By the way, quoting conservapedia is just hilarious. They don't even pretend to hide their bias.

Finally, for what it is worth, I don't believe your claims to be an atheist. Your arguments belie that.

just because i'm an atheist, you can't expect me to support atheism for every single point, that's called bias, and it's certainly not the way i became an atheist. and if you insist enough, i'm from muslim background, arab to be exact, studying in a dutch university in dutch language. that's all i have to say, i don't care what you're gonna believe or not believe after this.

There is only one point in atheism: the lack of belief in any gods.

I don't know what kind of atheist you think you are since you don't even know the meaning of the word.

31-03-2015, 12:38 PM
(31-03-2015 12:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 12:22 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  just because i'm an atheist, you can't expect me to support atheism for every single point, that's called bias, and it's certainly not the way i became an atheist. and if you insist enough, i'm from muslim background, arab to be exact, studying in a dutch university in dutch language. that's all i have to say, i don't care what you're gonna believe or not believe after this.

There is only one point in atheism: the lack of belief in any gods.

I don't know what kind of atheist you think you are since you don't even know the meaning of the word.

i don't believe in any fucking deities why is that too hard for you to understand, it seems like you're a person of special needs
31-03-2015, 01:40 PM
(31-03-2015 12:38 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 12:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is only one point in atheism: the lack of belief in any gods.

i don't believe in any fucking deities why is that too hard for you to understand, it seems like you're a person of special needs

Yet you fail to address the actual issue or my point.

31-03-2015, 03:05 PM
(31-03-2015 12:22 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  just because i'm an atheist, you can't expect me to support atheism for every single point, that's called bias, and it's certainly not the way i became an atheist. and if you insist enough, i'm from muslim background, arab to be exact, studying in a dutch university in dutch language. that's all i have to say, i don't care what you're gonna believe or not believe after this.

That sounds like an interesting story. So how did you become atheist?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man