Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(01-04-2015 07:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  He's been pretty happy to tell people to fuck off himself. I think he's perfectly capable of taking what he dishes out, and if he's gonna play "I'm so offended" games I'm more than happy to carry on offending. Foreign language speaker or not, if he's gonna be an ass he dun gonna get tole Tongue

That said, sorry for growling at *you*. Not at *all* sorry for growling at him.

Dude, I thought you were being sarcastic because you said *was* (with asterisks) instead of just was.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 03:29 PM
(01-04-2015 03:26 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 03:19 PM)One Above All Wrote:  lol, did you just try to tell native English speakers that they're wrong about what is and isn't intuitive to them? Arrogance may not be a sin, but it is a major character flaw.

Yea I'm just talking about the irregularities, I can point out several irregularities in Arabic too even though I'm a native speaker of it.

There are "irregularities" in every single language ever spoken on the planet.
If you want to point out "irregularities", you should start with Portuguese, where just the letter "x" has three different pronunciations, depending on the word, with no possible way to know which you should use beforehand (unless you've memorized the word). Better yet, pick one of the 5000+ languages on the planet and start with those.
What you shouldn't do is say what other people find intuitive, unless you're a mind-reader or time-traveler.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
01-04-2015, 03:44 PM
(31-03-2015 09:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ...Do you think that this is a happening a lot amongst the youth in your country?

From within my circle of acquaintances, for people my generation, it's about 2% at most, high numbers but insignificant percentage. Many of them had a rough time at some point in their lives.
01-04-2015, 05:39 PM
(01-04-2015 03:44 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 09:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ...Do you think that this is a happening a lot amongst the youth in your country?

From within my circle of acquaintances, for people my generation, it's about 2% at most, high numbers but insignificant percentage. Many of them had a rough time at some point in their lives.

Much easier to read. Thank you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-04-2015, 07:18 PM
(01-04-2015 03:16 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 09:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yeah, sorry dude but to native English speakers some of those ideas are counter-intuitive. It's a complicated language for sure, I don't disagree there, but trying to simplify it would have the opposite effect.

Sounds familiar Consider repeat a lie enough and it'll feel like the truth *cough* [insert religion here] *cough*

Hmmm... Okay. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-04-2015, 07:28 PM
(01-04-2015 03:04 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 03:20 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  There's only one point. Can you post a list If you think there is more?

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we see the correct way to handle an arguement and correct self through self-criticism.
I don't usually find anti-atheist points, but if I do, I'm keeping this thread in mind.
Could you clarify what you mean? How was his post 'anti-athiest'?
Not trying to bash you or anything, I'm just genuinely curious.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
01-04-2015, 07:51 PM
(01-04-2015 07:28 PM)Russ Wrote:  Could you clarify what you mean? How was his post 'anti-athiest'?

Didn't mean that, just meant that we should criticize ourselves and not lock away our weaknesses or give them irreasonable excuses, i.e. the religious way.
For that anti-atheist thing, it's a point I had that we discussed: the (dis)correlation between atheism and suicide.
01-04-2015, 07:57 PM
(01-04-2015 07:51 PM)sharshabil Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 07:28 PM)Russ Wrote:  Could you clarify what you mean? How was his post 'anti-athiest'?

Didn't mean that, just meant that we should criticize ourselves and not lock away our weaknesses or give them irreasonable excuses, i.e. the religious way.
For that anti-atheist thing, it's a point I had that we discussed: the (dis)correlation between atheism and suicide.
Makes a helluva lot more sense now, thanks. Thumbsup

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
02-04-2015, 08:48 AM
I just read a few pages and it was a very frustrating journey...Every single post hbl makes makes me want to kill myself.
Hitler: Atheist
9/11: Atheists
Dark Ages: Atheists
Crusades: Atheists
Both world wars: atheists

This kid if he's not a troll has been mindwashed by his pastor
02-04-2015, 08:55 AM
(02-04-2015 08:48 AM)4Syntraph Wrote:  I just read a few pages and it was a very frustrating journey...Every single post hbl makes makes me want to kill myself.
Hitler: Atheist
9/11: Atheists
Dark Ages: Atheists
Crusades: Atheists
Both world wars: atheists

This kid if he's not a troll has been mindwashed by his pastor

It's a good thing then hbl was banned a long time ago.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces