Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2015, 09:00 AM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(02-04-2015 08:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 08:48 AM)4Syntraph Wrote:  I just read a few pages and it was a very frustrating journey...Every single post hbl makes makes me want to kill myself.
Hitler: Atheist
9/11: Atheists
Dark Ages: Atheists
Crusades: Atheists
Both world wars: atheists

This kid if he's not a troll has been mindwashed by his pastor

It's a good thing then hbl was banned a long time ago.
Yeah I ca see that. Yet I would very much like to have a talk with him to correct his view of atheism if in fact this was real
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2015, 01:12 PM
(02-04-2015 09:00 AM)4Syntraph Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 08:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's a good thing then hbl was banned a long time ago.
Yeah I ca see that. Yet I would very much like to have a talk with him to correct his view of atheism if in fact this was real

Many have tried young padewan. You couldn't dent that guy's cranium with an anvil. Much like a whole bunch of other members who've followed him. Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-04-2015, 01:28 PM
(02-04-2015 01:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 09:00 AM)4Syntraph Wrote:  Yeah I ca see that. Yet I would very much like to have a talk with him to correct his view of atheism if in fact this was real

Many have tried young padewan. You couldn't dent that guy's cranium with an anvil. Much like a whole bunch of other members who've followed him. Dodgy

understood my master
[+] 2 users Like 4Syntraph's post
02-04-2015, 01:48 PM
(02-04-2015 01:28 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 01:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  Many have tried young padewan. You couldn't dent that guy's cranium with an anvil. Much like a whole bunch of other members who've followed him. Dodgy

understood my master

LOL Tongue Now a spaceship out of a swamp lift you must. A better use of your time, it is.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
02-04-2015, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 06:48 AM by 4Syntraph.)
(02-04-2015 01:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 01:28 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  understood my master

LOL Tongue Now a spaceship out of a swamp lift you must. A better use of your time, it is.

I can't it's too big
that's what she said
[+] 1 user Likes 4Syntraph's post
02-04-2015, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 08:02 PM by Spooky.)
Perhaps because they don't believe there will be an angry dude waiting for them?

Edit: not that I believe the accuracy of the op's claim.

The essence of life is statistical improbability on a colossal scale.
05-04-2015, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 05:28 PM by pitar.)
"Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization's report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism."

Of course, political oppression and economic depression have no role in the context of the statistics. They are merely interesting and dismissed with no further research into their impact on a young population's collective hope for a future.

Edit to ad: Do theists always take contexts and spin them to suit their agendas or am I naive? This argument generalizes. The article from which it attempts an offense from points to a secular geo-socio-political problem and not a metaphysical one. This is pretty silly stuff.

http://www.bidstrup.com/bible.htm
05-04-2015, 06:05 PM
(05-04-2015 05:19 PM)pitar Wrote:  "Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations.

And how is that an indicator of societal health?

The majority of suicides are old people who face a miserable existence because of health issues, and who make the personal decision to exit.

I consider the presence/absence of a "death with dignity" law an indicator of societal health.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-04-2015, 01:03 PM
(05-04-2015 06:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  The majority of suicides are old people who face a miserable existence because of health issues, and who make the personal decision to exit.

I consider the presence/absence of a "death with dignity" law an indicator of societal health.
That's close to something I was wondering.
Maybe in the religious states, suicide isn't allowed in the first place. Relatives, doctors, the state itself may have a legal right to force you to live, even if it's against your wishes. This would certainly cut down on the successful suicide rates, and skew the numbers to look 'favorable' to that state.

(Kinda like back when at one point the old Soviet Union boasted it had a 1:1 conviction rate for every crime. While that sounds nice, it's meaningless if some those convicted aren't the real criminal. Tongue)

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
06-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Fewer invites to church bingo games and hot dish suppers. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.