Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 03:58 PM by Dom.)
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(06-04-2015 01:03 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  Relatives, doctors, the state itself may have a legal right to force you to live, even if it's against your wishes. This would certainly cut down on the successful suicide rates, and skew the numbers to look 'favorable' to that state.

That sounds about right.

And, the worst of all scenarios - being forced to undergo torture because the ones who are supposed to love you don't want to bury you.

People recoil when they hear suicide because the media only talks about teens who do it - it is quite rare that teens choose to exit. People of childbearing/rearing age also have a very strong instinctual aversion to death - they must finish rearing the kids. What gets really scary is if they heard of someone who chose to exit, or they themselves have thought of suicide at some point - most everyone does at one time or another, because it is a logical option. People who have children and do this get very upset at the whole idea, and for themselves, that is likely the proper reaction.

So, when you talk about people who actually do commit suicide, you are talking mostly about the elderly and about people who are ill with no chance of remission or cure. They are facing the exit and choose the road they want to take.

This should be a basic human right, to determine one's own path to the exit.

When my time comes, I hope to be sitting there, chilling with a good beer and lots of chocolate truffles and watching something funny. Or I want to lie under a big tree in the grass in the summertime and watch the birds. Or whatever tickles my fancy at the time.

I don't want to lie in an uncomfortable hospital bed in a white room with Iv fluids and machines all around me and people with serious faces going in and out at will, poking at me, crying, and just making things difficult.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post