Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
Announcing, and believing, that God is dead has consequences. And it is we who suffer the most for it. We cannot bear the whole universe on our shoulders. We were not meant to. We must let God be God. Only then can men be men. Only then can we find the way forward to be possible, and the burdens not insurmountable.

http://billmuehlenberg.com/2008/05/26/th...thout-god/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 03:27 PM
(17-08-2014 03:22 PM)hbl Wrote:  Announcing, and believing, that God is dead has consequences. And it is we who suffer the most for it. We cannot bear the whole universe on our shoulders. We were not meant to. We must let God be God. Only then can men be men. Only then can we find the way forward to be possible, and the burdens not insurmountable.

http://billmuehlenberg.com/2008/05/26/th...thout-god/

I don't think you'd pass the Turing test.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
17-08-2014, 03:29 PM
No, they don't:

Bad Science: No, Atheism Does Not Cause Suicide

You believe all of this stuff because it reflects your own flaws. You're just another religious nut job that wants to assert that their worldview is superior.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 7 users Like TheInquisition's post
17-08-2014, 03:35 PM
(17-08-2014 03:29 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You believe all of this stuff because...

I believe you are bad people because it is statistically undeniable. Atheists love killing themselves (highest suicide rates) and others. Stalin killed 40 million and Mao 60 million and Hitler 30 million.

You guys are sick fucks!
17-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Why are there more dead theists than atheists? Why has every religious war in history (which are the bloodiest) been started by theists?

You guys are sick fucks!

See, I can do it too.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 3 users Like One Above All's post
17-08-2014, 03:41 PM
(17-08-2014 03:37 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Why are there more dead theists than atheists? Why has every religious war in history (which are the bloodiest) been started by theists?

200 million people died in the 20th century alone having nothing to do with religion but by people like you atheists, secularists, naturalists, surviving of the fittest types.

More people should have died in religious war because there are more religious people than non-religious, but we find just the opposite that more people die at the hands of secularists, atheists, naturalists, survival of the fittest types like Hitler, Stalin and Mao.

By the way Jesus never killed anyone, so when we talk about religious wars it was always started by non-Christians. Just ask would Jesus do that? He never did that in the word of God. Whereas Muhammad, for example, was a murdering bastard before he allegedly became peaceful. Not to mention the fact that he liked having sex with children under 10. Lots of atheists like having sex with small children too.
17-08-2014, 03:44 PM
(17-08-2014 03:35 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:29 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You believe all of this stuff because...

I believe you are bad people because it is statistically undeniable. Atheists love killing themselves (highest suicide rates) and others. Stalin killed 40 million and Mao 60 million and Hitler 30 million.

You guys are sick fucks!

Hitler killed no one. Germany was a Christian nation. They cooperated with him. The Christians did the killing.

Your desperation is showing.

1-800-Get-Help

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-08-2014, 03:45 PM
(17-08-2014 03:41 PM)hbl Wrote:  <snip>

You are either the worst troll in history, or you're the worst troll in history and the dumbest person who can create coherent sentences (from a grammatical perspective anyway; what you're saying is utter bullshit).

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
17-08-2014, 03:50 PM
(17-08-2014 02:53 PM)hbl Wrote:  If atheism were true...
Atheism isn't true or false. It just is.

(17-08-2014 02:53 PM)hbl Wrote:  ...would such high levels of suicide be so prevalent among atheists?
What does the existence or nonexistence of gawd have to do with how many people commit suicide? This IS what you mean by "if atheism were true", isn't it - i.e, if gawd really doesn't exist... Consider

(17-08-2014 02:53 PM)hbl Wrote:  We can conclude atheists are not happy people because they are a living a lie.
Assuming it's even true that atheists are more likely to commit suicide than theists, I would think more along the lines of many religions expressly forbidding suicide makes it less likely that theists will commit suicide. You know, fear of hell and all. Your hatred prevents you from seeing alternative explanations that fall outside your vitriol.

(17-08-2014 02:53 PM)hbl Wrote:  And like all lies they are harmful to your well being. Thus, atheists should go extinct over time as the demise of their being takes place through attrition through more and more self-destruction.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's theism, not atheism that is on the decline and more likely to become extinct.

(17-08-2014 02:53 PM)hbl Wrote:  It could be said the favorite hobby of atheists is suicide.
It could be said that this is hbl wishfully thinking.

(17-08-2014 02:59 PM)hbl Wrote:  It should also be pointed out that male atheists are the highest percentage of the population who like to put their genitals up other men's buts.
*butts
No the sick fucks are people like you that find something wrong with homosexuality... sick fucks just like your gawd who, if he exists, created homosexuals and then condemned them to hell for his own design... and who is therefore directly responsible for many of them being atheists. Not exactly surprising. Rolleyes

Ah, but you already knew that:
(17-08-2014 03:09 PM)hbl Wrote:  For example, there are 0 Christian homosexuals. As you know the Bible is against it.
And you're full of shit. I personally know more than one Christian homosexual. I don't know why they remain Christian, but they do.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
17-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Yes. You're right. I can't wait to kill myself. And I can't wait to take a few million with me. The problem is that the anticipation is where the excitement is! I only get one shot. If only I could kill myself over and over....
Seriously what the hell is anyone supposed to do with this information assuming that it's true?
I better start believing in god if I don't want to commit mass murder or suicide.
Ok. Done. I believe now. Wow! Heaven seems like a real nice place. I can't wait to get there. I think I'll kill myself.
Oh crap......
[+] 6 users Like Drunkin Druid's post