Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
I honestly don't get this shit. I'm the happiest fucker around. Life is a party and I'm the guest of honour.... Bitch!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 03:54 PM
(17-08-2014 03:17 PM)hbl Wrote:  On March 8, 2013, in The Week:

“If atheism is true, it is far from being good news. Learning that we're alone in the universe, that no one hears or answers our prayers, that humanity is entirely the product of random events, that we have no more intrinsic dignity than non-human and even non-animate clumps of matter, that we face certain annihilation in death, that our sufferings are ultimately pointless, that our lives and loves do not at all matter in a larger sense, that those who commit horrific evils and elude human punishment get away with their crimes scot free — all of this (and much more) is utterly tragic."

http://theweek.com/article/index/241108/...t-atheists
Oh boo hoo hoo. It's only "far from being good news" to those who don't agree with or understand it.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
17-08-2014, 03:55 PM
(17-08-2014 03:09 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  prove it

For example, there are 0 Christian homosexuals. As you know the Bible is against it. Man was made for woman and woman for man in creation.

[Image: ted_haggard_110306_FRESH1233244907.jpg]
I'll show you the real body of christ Wink Heart
17-08-2014, 03:56 PM
(17-08-2014 03:22 PM)hbl Wrote:  Announcing, and believing, that God is dead has consequences. And it is we who suffer the most for it. We cannot bear the whole universe on our shoulders. We were not meant to. We must let God be God. Only then can men be men. Only then can we find the way forward to be possible, and the burdens not insurmountable.

http://billmuehlenberg.com/2008/05/26/th...thout-god/

God is not, in fact, dead. God is a myth. A fairy tale. Fiction.

Read that slowly and absorb what that means.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-08-2014, 03:57 PM
(17-08-2014 03:35 PM)hbl Wrote:  I believe you are bad people because it is statistically undeniable. Atheists love killing themselves (highest suicide rates) and others. Stalin killed 40 million and Mao 60 million and Hitler 30 million.

You guys are sick fucks!
I believe you're a bad person because of the hatred and vitriol - all based on ignorance, misinformation, and dishonesty - that you post here that proves it, you sick fuck. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
17-08-2014, 04:02 PM
(17-08-2014 03:55 PM)barrywhitecc Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:09 PM)hbl Wrote:  For example, there are 0 Christian homosexuals. As you know the Bible is against it. Man was made for woman and woman for man in creation.

[Image: ted_haggard_110306_FRESH1233244907.jpg]

What does it look like? Wink

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
17-08-2014, 04:07 PM
He's not to hated. He is to be pitied.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
17-08-2014, 04:11 PM
(17-08-2014 03:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  God is a myth.

Atheism is a myth because that which does not exist can't cause anything. It doesn't exist. And because infinite regress of nature is impossible, so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. That uncreated Creator is whom we call God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2014, 04:13 PM
(17-08-2014 04:02 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:55 PM)barrywhitecc Wrote:  [Image: ted_haggard_110306_FRESH1233244907.jpg]

What does it look like? Wink

It's pink and wrinkly. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user