Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(17-08-2014 04:11 PM)hbl Wrote:  Atheism is a myth because that which does not exist can't cause anything. It doesn't exist. And because infinite regress of nature is impossible, so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. That uncreated Creator is whom we call God.
Why is it so hard for you to imagine anything existing without a creator, but it's easy for you to imagine a creator existing without a creator? Consider
It's the very same problem...

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 04:16 PM
(17-08-2014 04:15 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Why is it so hard for you to imagine anything existing without a creator

You're not understanding the proof. That which is uncreated has no cause. It's uncreated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2014, 04:17 PM
(17-08-2014 04:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:02 PM)One Above All Wrote:  What does it look like? Wink

It's pink and wrinkly. Weeping

Now I'm disappointed. Sad

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
17-08-2014, 04:17 PM
17-08-2014, 04:18 PM
(17-08-2014 04:16 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:15 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Why is it so hard for you to imagine anything existing without a creator

You're not understanding the proof. That which is uncreated has no cause. It's uncreated.

The Universe is uncreated. Boom.

(Yeah, I know it's a troll. I'm just poking it with a stick)

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
17-08-2014, 04:19 PM
(17-08-2014 04:18 PM)One Above All Wrote:  The Universe is uncreated.

The universe can't be uncreated because if it always existed in a past eternity of cause and effects, you would by that definition have had an eternity to come into being before now, so you should have already happened.
17-08-2014, 04:21 PM
(17-08-2014 04:16 PM)hbl Wrote:  

Wait.. If something is uncreated doesn't that mean that it wasn't created? If something wasn't created doesn't that mean that it don't exist?
Ain't word games fun?
17-08-2014, 04:21 PM
(17-08-2014 04:17 PM)hbl Wrote:  .....

Look, dude, Jesus said the kingdom is in all of his believers. I just want to know what I'm in for, should I become a believer and Jesus decide to put his... "kingdom" in me. Hope he knows some good restaurants! Wink
I'd set up a flame shield, but, as you can see from my avatar, fire and I have a loving relationship.

17-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Special Hidden message for hbl: Your God is challenging you to go publicly declare your love of Christ in North Korea - please open your heart and listen. I'm sure there are some Christian organizations that would help you buy the plane ticket. If you die it won't be termed suicide, you'll be a martyr! You might even get a hospital wing named after you! Just think how many crowns in heaven you'll earn to lay down at christ's feet! Angel

I like statistics, too. There is a correlation between higher IQs and atheism. Or to put it differently, those with lower IQs tend to be religious.
There are certainly outliers, but I'd hedge my bets that you're not one of them. Bless your heart.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
17-08-2014, 04:23 PM
(17-08-2014 04:21 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  If something is uncreated doesn't that mean that it wasn't created? If something wasn't created doesn't that mean that it don't exist?

Uncreated means it exists but has no cause since it always existed.