Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
Atheists follow no religious dogma that disallows suicide.

It has been demonstrated that the most intelligent countries are the least religious.

It has also been found that intelligent individuals reproduce less.

Being surrounded by theistic retards would make almost any intelligent person feel alone, especially when it is likely that any fellow atheists are stuck in the closet.

So it seems to me that a demonized group of outcasts, with less children, and enough intelligence to realize that sin is a fabrication, would simply have less fear of repercussions.

-------------

Those who generate the most offspring are usually less intelligent.

The more religious countries rank near the bottom of the list for intelligence.

Religious followers tend to face anti-suicide dogma, and believe in some fantastic eternal life after death.

So it seems to me that those with massive familial obligations, who live under threat of eternal torture, simply face too many real or perceived repercussions from suicide.

It is also said that ignorance is bliss. This may be true to some extent; many who broaden their horizons will undoubtedly find more of everything, including dispair. However, I have found that there is a point where you can learn enough about the universe, to make some incredibly beautiful realizations. Understanding can bring points of view never even dreamt of by the ignorant masses.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
17-08-2014, 04:23 PM
(17-08-2014 04:19 PM)hbl Wrote:  The universe can't be uncreated because if it always existed in a past eternity of cause and effects, you would by that definition have had an eternity to come into being before now, so you should have already happened.

That's one of near-infinite possibilities. However, apply this way of thinking (I don't use the term "logic" here for a reason) to your god. In fact, allow me:
God can't be uncreated because if it always existed, you would by that definition have had an eternity to come into being before now, so the Universe should have already happened.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
17-08-2014, 04:24 PM
(17-08-2014 04:21 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Jesus said the kingdom is in all of his believers

This kingdom is the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven. In other words, the kingdom of God is a deeper inner knowing, whereas the kingdom of heaven is outward conduct like that of Matt. 5-7. There are some other differences, but that should suffice for now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Any phrase, sentence, paragraph, etc, that starts with, "If atheism is true..." is already a bunch of BS and can be dismissed.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
17-08-2014, 04:26 PM
This troll , Mozart link and wicked clown must be banned. I can't believe moderators let 3 obvious trolls shitting the boards.Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
17-08-2014, 04:27 PM
(17-08-2014 04:24 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:21 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Jesus said the kingdom is in all of his believers

This kingdom is the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven. In other words, the kingdom of God is a deeper inner knowing, whereas the kingdom of heaven is outward conduct like that of Matt. 5-7. There are some other differences, but that should suffice for now.

How deep are we talking? 6 inches? 7? Big Grin

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
(17-08-2014 04:26 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  "If atheism is true..."

Since atheism is false, you're living a lie. You're a masochist to continue to believe in it.
(17-08-2014 04:26 PM)Leo Wrote:  This troll , Mozart link and wicked clown must be banned. I can't believe moderators let 3 obvious trolls shitting the boards.Facepalm

Happens all the time. They have to break a rule to be banned - scratch that - that's only a theory.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
(17-08-2014 03:17 PM)hbl Wrote:  On March 8, 2013, in The Week:

“If atheism is true, it is far from being good news. Learning that we're alone in the universe, that no one hears or answers our prayers, that humanity is entirely the product of random events, that we have no more intrinsic dignity than non-human and even non-animate clumps of matter, that we face certain annihilation in death, that our sufferings are ultimately pointless, that our lives and loves do not at all matter in a larger sense, that those who commit horrific evils and elude human punishment get away with their crimes scot free — all of this (and much more) is utterly tragic."

http://theweek.com/article/index/241108/...t-atheists

It's not horrible at all. I don't need to think of myself as being special in the scheme of the universe in order for me to live a happy life.

The thought that somebody who is a heartless fuck who treats people like crap will be rewarded when he dies because he believes in the "right" invisible man in the sky, while some generous, caring person will be punished because they were worshiping the "wrong" invisible being in the sky, is a concept that I find horrible.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
17-08-2014, 04:30 PM
(17-08-2014 04:27 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I don't need to think of myself as being special in the scheme of the universe in order for me to live a happy life.

God says you are made in His image so when you debase yourself to something lesser that is not a happy life but a life of extinction which is a lie because even you will not cease to exist. You are going to Hell.