Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(17-08-2014 04:19 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:18 PM)One Above All Wrote:  The Universe is uncreated.

The universe can't be uncreated because if it always existed in a past eternity of cause and effects, you would by that definition have had an eternity to come into being before now, so you should have already happened.

Before the Big Bang (if one could use the "before") there was the singularity. Who's to say that singularity wasn't born out of a universe that followed different rules than the currant one? How do you know that nature can't regress infinitely? How do you know if the existence hasn't always been?
Shit, how do you know this all didn't happen before?
Maybe I existed an infinite amount of times.
Maybe that's all bullshit. Maybe it's not. Maybe your religion is all bullshit. Maybe it's not. I don't know and neither do you.
That's the difference between an atheist and a theist.
We don't generally make bloody fools of ourselves by asserting shit we can't possibly know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 04:35 PM
(17-08-2014 04:31 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Who's to say that singularity wasn't born out of a universe that followed different rules than the currant one?

That's perfectly fine if you want to propose a singularity from another universe, because cause and effect still dictates if there was this infinite regress of cause and effects of universes, you would have had an eternity to come into being before now, so you should have already happened; thus, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated by the uncreated Creator.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2014, 04:45 PM
(17-08-2014 04:35 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:31 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Who's to say that singularity wasn't born out of a universe that followed different rules than the currant one?

That's perfectly fine if you want to propose a singularity from another universe, because cause and effect still dictates if there was this infinite regress of cause and effects of universes, you would have had an eternity to come into being before now, so you should have already happened; thus, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated by the uncreated Creator.

But maybe the universe that existed before this one didn't work on cause and effect. Maybe "before" the singularity there were different rules. I think I said that.
How do you know that I didn't already happen?
I think I asked that.
Now it's your turn to repeat yourself and then I will repeat myself. I can't go on forever though because I have a job.
17-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Some people find you boring but I think you are far to silly to be boring.
17-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Consider
Suicide can be less painful than being torn on the rack, or burned at the stake?

17-08-2014, 04:59 PM
(17-08-2014 04:27 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:26 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  "If atheism is true..."

Since atheism is false, you're living a lie. You're a masochist to continue to believe in it.
Obvious poe and/or troll.

Can we move on to the next chew toy? This one is no longer entertaining.
Undecided

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
17-08-2014, 05:03 PM
(17-08-2014 04:59 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:27 PM)hbl Wrote:  Since atheism is false, you're living a lie. You're a masochist to continue to believe in it.
Obvious poe and/or troll.

Can we move on to the next chew toy? This one is no longer entertaining.
Undecided

I have to say, he's making me feel suicidal. Oblivion almost seems appealing in comparison.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
17-08-2014, 05:03 PM
(17-08-2014 04:45 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  But maybe the universe that existed before this one didn't work on cause and effect. Maybe "before" the singularity there were different rules. I think I said that.
Yes.
Imagine if there really is a cause to our universe, but that cause hasn't happened yet. Tongue

Along your lines, who says that time outside our universe, if there is even such a thing to begin with, has to be linear like it is inside?

Like I've said before, time 'within' our universe doesn't travel at a constant rate at all points, so it's already borking our concept of how time should function "logically". Imagine what it might be doing outside our universe...

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
17-08-2014, 05:07 PM
(17-08-2014 03:04 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 02:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Correlation is not causation.

Nothing is more selfish than atheism. For example, atheists have virtually no charities in the world.

Firstly, atheism can't be "true" because atheism is just a lack of belief. Secondly, IF your premise is true, IF suicidal rates are higher among atheists than theists, then it is probably because atheists are not fearful of eternal condemnation and suffering on order of their infinitely forgiving and loving father for taking their own life. WHICH IS ANY BODY'S RIGHT.

I also see your comment made on the lack of atheist charities... you know Hamas does nearly all charity in Gaza. Do you accuse atheists of being lower than Hamas because of their charity?

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
17-08-2014, 05:40 PM
(17-08-2014 04:02 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:55 PM)barrywhitecc Wrote:  [Image: ted_haggard_110306_FRESH1233244907.jpg]
I'll show you the real body of christ Wink Heart

What does it look like? Wink

Well, it looks a little like this