Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 07:11 PM
RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(17-08-2014 07:08 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 06:52 PM)Dirtnapper324 Wrote:  that also means that some christians do it..

The surest way to Hell is suicide so there are no Christians who would commit suicide since we in Christ are once saved always saved and "shall never perish" (John 10.28). The Holy Spirit in God's elect restrains any actions such as this.

Obviously you don't know what a Christian is, because a Christian loves you and don't want you to perish, so in giving the gospel of salvation to you we will not be silent about the consequence of Hell for rejecting God's saving grace, love and mercy by what Jesus did on the cross for you.

The reason you are going to Hell is because you reject this love in God's children that He offers to you and that I offer you.

Did you just say no christian commits suicide? Laugh out load WOW, you really are smoking meth aren't you? Perhaps you mean, "no true christian", I love when people say that ignorant comment. Here is a factoid for ya

If all the Christians who have called other Christians 'not really a Christian' were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.

"If all the Atheists & Agnostics left America, they'd lose 93% of The National Academy of Sciences & less than 1% of the prison population." - Ricky Gervais

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-08-2014, 07:15 PM
There is only one thing left to be said for any of your threads.

Release the cheese!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
17-08-2014, 07:15 PM
(17-08-2014 07:07 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  74% of all prisoners in the US are christian

Redefining what a Christian is does not make it so. The Bible considers a Christian a "little flock" (Luke 12.32) so when you come along and say so many are saved, you can be disregarded because it disagrees with Scripture in what a Christian is.

You mentioned that atheists have a higher IQ than Christians. The Bible actually agrees with you when it says the sons of men are wiser than the sons of God so it warns us to be wise before men. The highest IQ Christian that I have ever known is Watchman Nee. He wrote about 70 books and taught on 5 unique teachings: 1) partial rapture, 2) gap restoration, 3) biblocality, 4) osas arminian, and 5) dividing of spirit, soul, body (Heb. 4.12). I highly recommend you read the latter first,
http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/SMCFP.htm

Once you become a Christian the most important thing to experience is the dividing of your spirit, soul and body. I am sure they didn't teach you that in school.

Realize the proof is very simple for God and God the Son as Romans 1.20 says simply by observing nature so we are without excuse.

Therefore, the reason you don't accept God and receive Christ is not because you are mongoloid or the smartest person who ever lived. The reason has to do with something else. It has to do with conscience and free will.

We all know basic evidence, but the atheists will warp it. We all know nature can't come from nothing nor always have existed. And we all know there is no naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles, but since atheists are lost in their pride of life they in their vast intellect twist what is simply proven.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Re: RE: Why Do Atheists Have the Highest Suicide Rates?
(17-08-2014 03:08 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:06 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Pretty sure religion corners the market in suicide bombing.

Japanese atheists were suicide bombers at Pearl Harbor so I think that is far more. Even in the world of suicide bombers, atheists kill themselves more too.

And there are no Christian suicide bombers.

Are you aware of what atheist means? Why do you think those Japanese men were atheist?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
17-08-2014, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2014 07:29 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(17-08-2014 07:15 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 07:07 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  74% of all prisoners in the US are christian

Redefining what a Christian is does not make it so. The Bible considers a Christian a "little flock" (Luke 12.32) so when you come along and say so many are saved, you can be disregarded because it disagrees with Scripture in what a Christian is.

You mentioned that atheists have a higher IQ than Christians. The Bible actually agrees with you when it says the sons of men are wiser than the sons of God so it warns us to be wise before men. The highest IQ Christian that I have ever known is Watchman Nee. He wrote about 70 books and taught on 5 unique teachings: 1) partial rapture, 2) gap restoration, 3) biblocality, 4) osas arminian, and 5) dividing of spirit, soul, body (Heb. 4.12). I highly recommend you read the latter first,
http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/SMCFP.htm

Once you become a Christian the most important thing to experience is the dividing of your spirit, soul and body. I am sure they didn't teach you that in school.

Realize the proof is very simple for God and God the Son as Romans 1.20 says simply by observing nature so we are without excuse.

Therefore, the reason you don't accept God and receive Christ is not because you are mongoloid or the smartest person who ever lived. The reason has to do with something else. It has to do with conscience and free will.

We all know basic evidence, but the atheists will warp it. We all know nature can't come from nothing nor always have existed. And we all know there is no naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles, but since atheists are lost in their pride of life they in their vast intellect twist what is simply proven.

You are talking in circles yet again. 74% of all US prisoners are christian, I didn't label them as such, they did themselves. More importantly .07% of US prisoners are atheist, so lets see, on average we are more educated, more intelligent, and obey the laws. It seems Atheists are more moral then, the facts speak for themselves. Enough said there.

"once I become a christian", news flash Both of my parents are ministers, I grew up in the church, I am an ex-Xtian, I was saved and baptized, I prayed, I read, I groveled for the lord, then I grew up and got an education. The more you learn, the less you believe. Now I am your worse fucking nightmare, I know the delusion from the inside out, I am highly educated, and that includes a degree in theology. I won't bother to brag about my IQ because who really gives a shit? The point is, you are clutching faith, the belief in something without evidence out of fear. Religion THRIVES on fear, it is how they keep the coffers full, it is how they convince people entering the last stages of their lives to hand over their social security in a last ditch effort to live beyond the grave..it is a lie, a delusion, and you bought it hook, line and sinker, aren't you the bright one?

Man created god, you got it backwards.

I don't have to warp evidence, that is what believers in delusion do. I work very hard to present solid irrefutable evidence because it undermines the process if I posit something false. Come hbl, throw down that fictional book, let go of your fear, the louder you pray and scream "I Believe" it still doesn't drown out that inner doubt that is so evident in every post you make. You are anything but christ-like, take your posts and show them to your fellow believers, see what they think about how christ-like you truly are. let go of the fear, stop clinging to the delusion like a stripper to her favorite pole and embrace TRUTH.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-08-2014, 07:28 PM
(17-08-2014 04:45 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  But maybe the universe that existed before this one didn't work on cause and effect.

As was said before many times, if there is no cause and effect in a universe then it always had to have existed, but if it always existed, you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so. You also self-contradictorily would never have come into existence because a past eternity would go on for eternity never reaching this point.

And the you that you are now is the only you that are you now not some other time.
17-08-2014, 07:31 PM
(17-08-2014 07:28 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:45 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  But maybe the universe that existed before this one didn't work on cause and effect.

As was said before many times, if there is no cause and effect in a universe then it always had to have existed, but if it always existed, you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so. You also self-contradictorily would never have come into existence because a past eternity would go on for eternity never reaching this point.

And the you that you are now is the only you that are you now not some other time.

What's stopping us from HAVE happened already a couple infinity times, but our current iteration has no memory of doing so?

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
17-08-2014, 07:32 PM
(17-08-2014 07:26 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You are talking in circles yet again. 74% of all US prisoners are christian, I didn't label them as such, they did themselves.

Where does the Bible say just by incanting you are a Christian that you are one. That does not agree with the body of Christ being a "little flock" (Luke 12.32).

It is impossible to be an ex-Christian, because OSAS. Those born-again such as myself "they shall never perish" (John 10.28). Therefore, since you are not a Christian you never were one.

I know you are here with a few cards short of a deck because you don't understand this regarding Luke 12.32 and John 10.28.

Since you can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles then realize you are going to Hell. It is that simple. Anyone can understand this.
17-08-2014, 07:35 PM
(17-08-2014 07:31 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  What's stopping us from HAVE happened already a couple infinity times, but our current iteration has no memory of doing so?

You are not understanding the argument.

If you always existed as you said for "infinity" then you would have already happened having had an eternity to do so. The very you that you are now with your memory you have now in this time and space with its particular strings and particles would have already happened.
17-08-2014, 07:39 PM
(17-08-2014 07:35 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 07:31 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  What's stopping us from HAVE happened already a couple infinity times, but our current iteration has no memory of doing so?

You are not understanding the argument.

If you always existed as you said for "infinity" then you would have already happened having had an eternity to do so. The very you that you are now with your memory you have now in this time and space with its particular strings and particles would have already happened.

I don't see how that defeats infinite regress though, given enough time, things will match previous forms if the conditions are the same.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."