Why Do Christians Support The Jews/Israel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Why Do Christians Support The Jews/Israel
Well, it's usually Evangelist Christians, not all, but still. This vexes Me somewhat...I Understand that Christians are supposed to be kind to all people and try to lead them to salvation, but Evangelicals seem almost fanatically supportive of the Jews and Israel at all times. They always say Jews are the chosen people and therefore should be supported by all Christians. These are of course the very same people that (According to scripture), basically spat in the face of God's salvation offer, then murdered his son. It is a faith that calls their messiah a false prophet and a liar, and yet they wholeheartedly endorse them. Why?

PS, Please don't let this become some kind of thread about Israel and it's politics, that's not the point.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Why Do Christians Support The Jews/Israel
Their faith stemmed off of Judaism; Jesus was Jewish and the Old Testament is the Jewish Torah. Otherwise, I couldn't say.

Personally, Judaism fascinates me. It has a rich culture and Hebrew is a beautiful language.
24-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Because Jews didn't crash planes into buildings.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Well let's see.

Some of them are trying to bring about the end-times, by fulfilling the prophecy that the Jews would return to the holy land.

Some of them just want a friendly power in control of the holy land, so they can go on tours of Jerusalem and Bethlehem and so on without being subject to Sharia law.

Some of them DO identify with the Jews, thinking "they basically worship the same God, they just didn't get the salvation memo, also Jews today aren't the same individuals who killed Christ way back when". Don't know why this thinking doesn't apply to Muslims, though.

For a long time, there was a strong, theologically based anti-Semitic streak in Christianity. But Naziism drew that out into the open and utterly trashed its reputation, and in Western culture to this day being anti-Semitic is bad. Anti-Semites are either marginalized or closeted.

And finally, there's an "ally with our Jewish fellow-worshipers of the same God against the infidel Muslims" thing going. Nice little crusade mentality. Not particularly consistent, but then these are Evangelicals we're talking about.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
24-02-2013, 03:16 AM
I would say the biggest reason is to facilitate the fulfillment of acquiring the temple the dome of the rock currently sits on, as a prophecy required to happen for the 2nd coming and the rapture. No other reason as important than that. They're obsessed with getting their reward already, that they'll do anything to shape events that they see are needed to happen first.

I believe they'll be waiting a long time for this to happen. By long, I mean never.

24-02-2013, 09:12 AM
(24-02-2013 03:16 AM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  I believe they'll be waiting a long time for this to happen. By long, I mean never.
If they get so impatient that they try to bring it about on their own, are they really waiting?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
24-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Here's the easiest and probably the best answer... it's good PR

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Am I the only one here that takes issue with the use of the term "the Jews"?

To answer the question, I think that Pat "Nuts Like a Sack of Cashews" Robertson has something to say about it.

NOTE: I didn't actually read his article. I also didn't punch myself in the testicles today. Two good decisions as far as I'm concerned Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
24-02-2013, 10:23 AM
(24-02-2013 10:18 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Am I the only one here that takes issue with the use of the term "the Jews"?

To answer the question, I think that Pat "Nuts Like a Sack of Cashews" Robertson has something to say about it.

NOTE: I didn't actually read his article. I also didn't punch myself in the testicles today. Two good decisions as far as I'm concerned Cool

Matt
I don't understand Matt... Why would you take issue with the term "the Jews"? They use that exact phrasing themselves whenever they want to cry about being persecuted or discriminated against...

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Dear, everyone.

If you happen to think that the term "the Jews" is hunky dory, please do not attempt to explain why to me. Allow me to retain my illusions about you.

Matt