Why Do Christians Support The Jews/Israel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 12:53 PM
RE: Why Do Christians Support The Jews/Israel
(24-02-2013 12:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because Jews didn't crash planes into buildings.
^^. Earmuffs gets straight to the point. IMHO it is a combination of guilt in Western culture over the Holocaust and choosing between either Israel or all the nutso Islamic religious regimes in the Middle East. Who would you rather have dominating that part of the world, Israel (which certainly has crimes of its own to answer for) or Iran (lunatics)? All the religious reasons are mostly just arguments made up to support a view they already have.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2013, 12:59 PM
(24-02-2013 10:18 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Am I the only one here that takes issue with the use of the term "the Jews"?

To answer the question, I think that Pat "Nuts Like a Sack of Cashews" Robertson has something to say about it.

NOTE: I didn't actually read his article. I also didn't punch myself in the testicles today. Two good decisions as far as I'm concerned Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

How then are we to refer to them?

The blue star people?
Followers of the torah?
Descendants of the tribes of isreal?
The tiny hat club?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
24-02-2013, 01:06 PM
(24-02-2013 10:53 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Dear, everyone.

If you happen to think that the term "the Jews" is hunky dory, please do not attempt to explain why to me. Allow me to retain my illusions about you.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

Does that apply equally to "the Israelis", "the Palestinians", "the Americans", "the Catholics", "the Celts", "the redheads", etc.?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2013, 01:09 PM
I take issue with a gentile taking issue. XP

And they don't. Christians only support their own fickle agenda.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I have never really understood all of the hatred towards the Jews.
Fighting over things that supposedly happened thousands of years ago.
I've read a lot about it but still don't get it. I can't even imagine what
it must be like to be an average Joe Jew in Israel. To always be in fear
of who whats to kill you next. Must be a very sad life.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
24-02-2013, 01:33 PM
(24-02-2013 01:27 PM)smidgen Wrote:  I have never really understood all of the hatred towards the Jews.

[Image: Oh%2BNo%2BYou%2BDidn%252527t.bmp]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-02-2013, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2013 05:19 PM by fstratzero.)
Now that were are done with that nonsense. Here is some more nonsense, and it all has to do with preventing end times. Because underneath all that faith, nothing scares a christian more than death. They fear not being worthy in the eyes of god, their loved ones not making it to heaven, and the idea of suffering before christ comes. (Which is debated if they will get taken to heaven first and everybody else will suffer or will suffer then get taken to heaven)

Bible prophecy or biblical prophecy is typically the prediction of future events based on the action, function, or faculty of a prophet. Such passages are widely distributed throughout the Bible, but those most often cited are from Ezekiel, Daniel, Matthew 24, Matthew 25, and Revelation. Believers in biblical prophecy engage in an critical explanation or interpretation of a text and the art and science of text interpretation of scriptures which they believe contain descriptions of global politics, natural disasters, the future of the nation of Israel, the coming of a Messiah and a Messianic Kingdom, and the ultimate destiny of humankind.

Among most Christian denominations, the prophecy that Jesus will return to Earth (see second coming) is a major doctrine, which can be seen by its inclusion in the Nicene Creed. Many specific time frames for this prediction have been declared by individuals and groups, although many of these dates have expired without the occurrences predicted. An official statement of the Vatican, issued in 1993, asserted, "we are already in the last hour"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_prophecy

In short the christians see it as away to prevent the end of the world and possible retribution by god if we do not protect it, and as a strategic place in the middle east for the States(either as a military out post, or a democratic place sympathetic to the west).

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
24-02-2013, 05:49 PM
(24-02-2013 04:43 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Now that were are done with that nonsense. Here is some more nonsense, and it all has to do with preventing end times. Because underneath all that faith, nothing scares a christian more than death. They fear not being worthy in the eyes of god, their loved ones not making it to heaven, and the idea of suffering before christ comes. (Which is debated if they will get taken to heaven first and everybody else will suffer or will suffer then get taken to heaven)

Bible prophecy or biblical prophecy is typically the prediction of future events based on the action, function, or faculty of a prophet. Such passages are widely distributed throughout the Bible, but those most often cited are from Ezekiel, Daniel, Matthew 24, Matthew 25, and Revelation. Believers in biblical prophecy engage in an critical explanation or interpretation of a text and the art and science of text interpretation of scriptures which they believe contain descriptions of global politics, natural disasters, the future of the nation of Israel, the coming of a Messiah and a Messianic Kingdom, and the ultimate destiny of humankind.

Among most Christian denominations, the prophecy that Jesus will return to Earth (see second coming) is a major doctrine, which can be seen by its inclusion in the Nicene Creed. Many specific time frames for this prediction have been declared by individuals and groups, although many of these dates have expired without the occurrences predicted. An official statement of the Vatican, issued in 1993, asserted, "we are already in the last hour"

In short the christians see it as away to prevent the end of the world and possible retribution by god if we do not protect it, and as a strategic place in the middle east for the States(either as a military out post, or a democratic place sympathetic to the west).
But don't most Christians WANT the end of the world to come, so they can ascend to heaven?
24-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I just don't understand why people have to be so mean and hateful.
I don't hate anybody just because of their race or nationality.
I'm sorry but I'm not a racist.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
24-02-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2013 07:02 PM by fstratzero.)
(24-02-2013 05:49 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 04:43 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Now that were are done with that nonsense. Here is some more nonsense, and it all has to do with preventing end times. Because underneath all that faith, nothing scares a christian more than death. They fear not being worthy in the eyes of god, their loved ones not making it to heaven, and the idea of suffering before christ comes. (Which is debated if they will get taken to heaven first and everybody else will suffer or will suffer then get taken to heaven)

But don't most Christians WANT the end of the world to come, so they can ascend to heaven?
Read Revelations.

Basically sounds like a bad acid trip, but it's the whole suffering and death thing they want to avoid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation

Also a good read at
http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/44234-...scenarios/

The topic of being fearful of end-time scenarios is a recurring theme on this site. It is an understandable fear given the intensity with which so many Christians believe in it all. The great success of the “Left Behind” series is a testament to how pervasive such thinking is within our society.

End-times theology invokes almost all elements of Christian theology and does so in a very frightening manner. It posits that god can see into the future and that he enlisted prophets to warn others about future events. It promises via the rapture that Christians will or will not be involved in the carnage that is to come(highly debated), but woe to those whose timing in accepting Jesus is not perfect because they will be “left behind” to face almost unutterable horror. It transforms Jesus from a forgiving and loving son of god to the vengeful judge who through the simple act of breaking seven seals unleashes terrible destruction and painful deaths. It pits good against evil with Satan taking an active role in deceiving people. Perhaps worst of all is that the simple mistake of taking the “mark of the beast” no matter whether all one was trying to do was to feed one’s children will result in an eternity in hell along with those same children.

-Baron d'Holbach-