Why Do Creationists Seem Incapable Of Seeing That Atheism Is A Stance On One Issue?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: Why Do Creationists Seem Incapable Of Seeing That Atheism Is A Stance On One Issue?
A theist vote republican, are against gay marriage, and are for gun rights.

Conclusion...

Why does god want us to have gun? Did god tell you to vote for Rick Santorum?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: Why Do Creationists Seem Incapable Of Seeing That Atheism Is A Stance On One Issue?
They are incapable because OUR morality isn't based on anything and therefor we are being tricked by Satan. Since it's Satan's logic we are using they refuse to even listen.

That is why they are incapable of seeing our side.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
15-11-2014, 01:41 PM
(14-11-2014 08:01 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  "So what are atheists' stance on (enter topic)?"

How many times do we have to go through this shit? Can creationists simply not accept the fact that atheism is nothing more than not believing in deities? It's like just because their religion has stances on other issues, then atheism also must have the same thing.

"What is the atheist stance on gay marriage?"
"What is the atheist stance on murder?"
And, of course, everybody's favorite: "What is the atheist view on cannibalism?"

Really, what the fuck is so hard to understand about somebody simply not believing in deities?

I figure it's simple why they can't or wont accept that atheism is a descriptor for one thing alone.

They typically hold their religious beliefs as though they were the core core of their being. Atheists represent something foreign in such a view, so they attempt to do one of two-odd things; try to marginalise them by attempting to apply as many antithetical beliefs as possible (like the big-name creationists do) or they try to figure out the foreign entity by asking questions.

Of course, that's a simplification, but it's what I figure is probably what's going on.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Well... The Q were recently tempted to ask...

Why are 95% of the threads/initial posts in this subforum of Atheism and Theism knocks on Christianity?

...But perhaps that is too much of a generalization for you. Smile

Of course, note that I am making a statement, not asking you a question!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-11-2014, 07:00 PM
(17-11-2014 02:13 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well... The Q were recently tempted to ask...

Why are 95% of the threads/initial posts in this subforum of Atheism and Theism knocks on Christianity?

Because 95% of the posters of this board live in countries where the majority religion is Christianity and it is embedded in the cultures they live in... what you say is close to being true, it's easily explainable too

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 4 users Like ClydeLee's post
17-11-2014, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2014 07:09 PM by microterf.)
(17-11-2014 02:13 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well... The Q were recently tempted to ask...

Because we're not stupid. We've seen what ISIS is capable of! No

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
[+] 1 user Likes microterf's post
18-11-2014, 01:30 AM

So, what, you've finally deced to drop the schtick referring to yourself in third person only to replace it with this? Referring to yourself in the third person past tense in pleural?

Fuckin' whackos, man.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-11-2014, 07:26 AM
(14-11-2014 08:01 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  "So what are atheists' stance on (enter topic)?"

How many times do we have to go through this shit? Can creationists simply not accept the fact that atheism is nothing more than not believing in deities? It's like just because their religion has stances on other issues, then atheism also must have the same thing.

"What is the atheist stance on gay marriage?"
"What is the atheist stance on murder?"
And, of course, everybody's favorite: "What is the atheist view on cannibalism?"

Really, what the fuck is so hard to understand about somebody simply not believing in deities?

Religious people frame their world view based on the teachings of their particular religion. I guess they figure atheist do the same. Considering we do not have a structure with leaders telling us what to think we have a lot more freedom to make up our own mind. Think about where they are coming from. Being ex-religious I can see how they think that way.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
18-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Cause they don't want to. It's not convenient to their agenda.
18-11-2014, 11:53 AM
The Kim were recenty tempted to state...

Though united, all are not necessarily one.
I am atheist.
These are things I can relate to and contrast with others.

Some don't even try to get it. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post