Why Do Creationists Seem Incapable Of Seeing That Atheism Is A Stance On One Issue?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Why Do Creationists Seem Incapable Of Seeing That Atheism Is A Stance On One Issue?
Creatards and other theists are just so used to their church/mosque/coven/whatever telling them what they should think on many issues outside of their deity (e.g. who to vote for, who can you love, when a fetus is sentient, what foods not to eat, how to keep their hair, whether or not you should have a dog as a pet, etc.) that they cannot fathom the possibility that atheists are allowed to arrive at their own conclusions on these matters. They are so used to being told what to think, they are essentially automatons.

Yeah I generalized a lot above. Sue me.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Why Do Creationists Seem Incapable Of Seeing That Atheism Is A Stance On One Issue?
(18-11-2014 12:22 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Creatards and other theists are just so used to their church/mosque/coven/whatever telling them what they should think on many issues outside of their deity (e.g. who to vote for, who can you love, when a fetus is sentient, what foods not to eat, how to keep their hair, whether or not you should have a dog as a pet, etc.) that they cannot fathom the possibility that atheists are allowed to arrive at their own conclusions on these matters. They are so used to being told what to think, they are essentially automatons.

Yeah I generalized a lot above. Sue me.

I don't know which Christians you related to/relate to on a personal, intimate basis, but about the last thing many Christians do is tow a party line on almost any doctrinal or secular matter. A pastor's life revolves around trying to build consensus among thinking Christians, rather like herding cats!

The difference here, though, is that atheists and Christians may arrive at their own conclusions but Christians who aspire to Christ-like character seek unity, harmony, cohesion, defer to elders, etc. You have the "right" and "freedom" to be contentious with anyone you care to be--I honor my parents and try to listen to them rather than teach them--which most parents appreciate, by the way... etc.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply