Why Do Most Atheist Let Religion Define Metaphysical Questions?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
26-07-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Why Do Most Atheist Let Religion Define Metaphysical Questions?
I have posted a new thread for all that are interested.

All-Paths-Lead-To-Nihilism

The combination of hypocrisy and closed mindedness along with substituting manipulation for reasoning can bring out hostility in me. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2014, 10:33 PM
(26-07-2014 09:46 PM)thespiritualanarchist Wrote:  I have posted a new thread for all that are interested.

... What's wrong with this thread? Jumping to a new thread is a classic troll tactic. Don't be a troll, dude. It's bloody stoopid.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
27-07-2014, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 12:45 AM by thespiritualanarchist.)
Quote:thespiritualanarchist Wrote:
I have posted a new thread for all that are interested.

... What's wrong with this thread? Jumping to a new thread is a classic troll tactic. Don't be a troll, dude. It's bloody stoopid.

Wow are you serious? I didn't jump to another thread. I posted a whole different thread on Nihilism. Get over yourself.

I did start this thread over on my website . Big deal. It's my site. I can start any thread I want.

But it just occurred to me that you might be sincere. So just in case your are being honest I will apologize for offending you.

But I still think you are wrong. All I did was post another thread. Anyway either way this will be my last post on this thread.

That being said I still want people to look at my other threads here and it isn't spamming to mention a new thread on Thinking Atheist in another thread on Thinking Atheist. I see this done plenty on other message boards. So if you don't like it...

Now here's the deal. I am posting new threads on Thinking Atheist because I want to contribute. And I am sure you can find my post by clicking on my name here. But my website is not anywhere close as popular as Thinking Atheist. And I need more members. To be more specific I need more Atheists members. I only have 3 members and they are all Christian. So I have also decided to post all the debates and threads I am in on my own webpage. This will include links to my threads in Thinking Atheist and on other message boards I am on.

If you are not interested fine. No problem. But trying to promote a website is not trolling. And before you accuse me of spamming I would like to point out that I have contributed to a 10 page debate and I have not once linked my website in any of my threads. So I don't want to hear it.

Also just to be clear although I do want more Atheists members I will ban anyone that joins my website that is even suspected of being a Troll or any other type of Ahole for that matter. I have a zero tolerance policy for Trolls on my website. One suspicious post and your gone whether the post is baiting me or anyone else.

Geesh

The combination of hypocrisy and closed mindedness along with substituting manipulation for reasoning can bring out hostility in me. Facepalm
27-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Now can we just let this thread die?

Time of death 2:41 am July 27th 2014

Please call it

27-07-2014, 02:18 AM
(27-07-2014 12:44 AM)thespiritualanarchist Wrote:  Now can we just let this thread die?

Time of death 2:41 am July 27th 2014

Please call it

Claims not to be jumping to another thread, but rather creating a new one on a different subject, implying that he will still be posting in the first thread.
Asks for the first thread to be allowed to die in the very next post.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the problem with this.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
27-07-2014, 03:18 AM
(27-07-2014 12:39 AM)thespiritualanarchist Wrote:  Get over yourself.

Rolleyes Says the guy writing a bazillion words for every one anyone else writes.

Oh well, no skin off my nose.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-07-2014, 03:29 AM
(27-07-2014 12:39 AM)thespiritualanarchist Wrote:  If you are not interested fine. No problem. But trying to promote a website is not trolling. And before you accuse me of spamming I would like to point out that I have contributed to a 10 page debate and I have not once linked my website in any of my threads. So I don't want to hear it.
You have been very good Smile But where the trollling comes in is when you apparently decide "oh shit, I can't answer any of this stuff here, I'll go make another thread and make yet more long winded posts there and hope that everyone forgets this one". People have taken the time to reply to you. You haven't acknowledged them in any way, just left the stuff that you don't like unanswered. To unilaterally try to close the debate without any resolution is rude.

Quote:Also just to be clear although I do want more Atheists members I will ban anyone that joins my website that is even suspected of being a Troll or any other type of Ahole for that matter. I have a zero tolerance policy for Trolls on my website. One suspicious post and your gone whether the post is baiting me or anyone else.

Geesh
Geesh indeed. We are here because we like *this* place. One of the things I personally like is the lack of moderation. Why would I go join your forum where if you 'suspect' me of being a troll I can be kicked without any fuss? You want members? Give them what *they* want - not what you want.

[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
27-07-2014, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 10:30 AM by Chas.)
(26-07-2014 05:22 PM)thespiritualanarchist Wrote:  <Too long to quote>

You haven't given any coherent definition of 'awareness' nor provided a credible suggestion for its existence apart from minds.

Evidence is the basis for scientific and rational inquiry, not the basis for atheism. And 'atheist' and 'atheism' do not require capitalization; typically only theists do that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-07-2014, 10:43 AM
(26-07-2014 09:46 PM)thespiritualanarchist Wrote:  I have posted a new thread for all that are interested.

K
Gotta ask....why would you start a whole new thread?
Dude. ...LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
27-07-2014, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 12:49 PM by thespiritualanarchist.)
Quote:thespiritualanarchist Wrote:
If you are not interested fine. No problem. But trying to promote a website is not trolling. And before you accuse me of spamming I would like to point out that I have contributed to a 10 page debate and I have not once linked my website in any of my threads. So I don't want to hear it.
You have been very good Smile But where the trollling comes in is when you apparently decide "oh shit, I can't answer any of this stuff here, I'll go make another thread and make yet more long winded posts there and hope that everyone forgets this one". People have taken the time to reply to you. You haven't acknowledged them in any way, just left the stuff that you don't like unanswered. To unilaterally try to close the debate without any resolution is rude.

I F*cked Up

Hmmm I didn't decide I can't answer so let me make another thread. I just want to move this thread to my website for those who want to continue this thread.

I would love to move every thread like that but that would just be a dick move. So since this thread seems to me could go on forever . I thought why not move this one to my website?

To me this is a thread I created so I can move it. But of course if everybody really thinks I am a dick then nobody will come to my website for it. And if any one does it will just be to troll me and mess up my web site by filling my board with mean bull.

So I kind of screwed myself there.

So now there is nothing I can do. I made my bed and I now have to sleep in it .

If people come over to my board for this thread just to mess up my website I would just have to ban them. And if no comes over than I just pissed people off for nothing.

Either way I lose.

So you might ask me why I didn't just ask people here...Hey do you mind if I move this to my website?

And my answer is because everything I do seems to piss people off. I can take rejection of people just ignoring my website. Thats my fault for not having the most awesome website like Thinking Atheist does. But it is much harder to take rejection by seeking it. By inviting you and having you tell me what a dick I am and why would you go to the website of such an idiot as myself? And what an ahole I am for promoting my site etc

So instead of asking I just did it figuring people will come or they won't
If they do come they will either troll me and try to ruin my site just to b dicks or they won't

Like I said I did it so it's all on me.

Like I said I f*Ked up. And there is nothing I can do now.

Continuing the Thread

If I keep this thread going here and it is just so people can demand I define things and of course we are not talking about simple things to define like a pickle so any one with no brains could tear up any definition I could use. Not because I am wrong or an idiot but because there is a certain level of reality where I can only point at it. Words are the finger pointing at the moon.

I am not saying I can't do it but that you also need certain experiences to understand and I can't give you that. You have free will you can choose to meditate or you can say its shit and a waste of time.

You can lead a horse to water...

Anyway I am still willing to continue this thread on my website.

And if you think that makes me too much of a dick to be worth talking to then I have to ask this.

If everyone here thinks I am a dick or troll or ahole and the fact that I would try to move my thread to my website just proves this ...why would you want to talk to me anyway?

The feeling I get most from those who seem disgusted with me is that they just want to continue the thread to show me that I am an idiot and wrong.

Again I can take that. I love debating people that think I am wrong.

But what I can not take is when someone wants to continue a thread for the sole purpose of just mocking me like I am not even a human being.

I am a complete hypocrite because I know if a Christian came on here saying all the same old shit that Christians say but was convinced that they were telling you something new I would laugh at them. And I would want you to let them have it.

But whether you agree with me on anything or not I do not think I am saying anything even close to what a Christian or Theist would say. And in fact most of the stuff I say or believe pisses off Christians way more than it does you.

To you I am just stupid because you are so obviously right and I admitted I can not give you any evidence you can hold in your hand an squish.

But to the Christian I am not just a stupid fool but a dangerous one because some people have had these experiences I refer to and they can show up and confirm what I am saying.

Again no threat to you because your scientific. So everything must be repeatable etc

But to Christians it is all about beliefs so if I make people doubt or develop another possible view then I am threatening the belief of others even if what I am saying is obvious bull.

Yeah I know you will now say aha he just admitted everything he says is bull. Since this is not what I said it is yet another reason to end the thread here.

I shouldn't be able to predict what you will say next. I shouldn't be able to assume that you will always twist what I actually said and be right about that.

So I hope that I am wrong. I rarely hope that I am wrong. But I do in this case. I hope that for once someone actually reads what I said and actually responds to what I really said.

So far in this thread it has not been my experience.

My only confusion here is this.

Do people constantly put words in my mouth because they really think that is what I meant or am I just so bad at communicating that I am incapable of wording anything so it self evidently means what I mean to say?

Either way I am back at why would you even want to talk to me?

And my only answer is you just want somebody who you think is easy prey because you think he is an idiot or fool.

Now I have to ask you this. Who the hell would want to be treated that way?

I have constantly pointed out when I think someone is wrong about something and why. I even try to make people look foolish on certain points if I think they deserve it. So I am no different than you.

But I do think of everyone on here as a human being no matter how much of an ahole they are to me. (Trust me this has been a challenge) And I would never treat someone like they have no brains or are so full of shit that they are not even worth my respect as a human being because I am so obviously superior. (This is on the assumption that no one treats me this way...see below)

And I do admit that if someone treats me that way I often fight fire with fire and treat them that way. But if they stop treating me that way then I will also stop treating them that way.

This has not been my experience in this thread. My experience has been that I am not treated with any respect and that people do not want me to end the thread just so they can mock me.

If I am wrong about reality and Metaphysics then I am wrong. It is not because I am an idiot or fool or Theist or whatever.

I say the Universe is awareness. Either this means something or it doesn't. SO asking me to define awareness is perfectly reasonable at this point. You can not say that the Universe is Awareness unless you are willing to define awareness. I get it.

But my question is do you really want me to define awareness for you or are you just hoping to catch me in a lie ?

It is sort of like the Christian that says there are no Atheists because everybody knows there is a God. So they only want to talk to Atheist so they can catch them in the lie. I think this is a dick move based on arrogance.

I know the Atheist would say look it is a dick move so I would just prove them wrong.If the Christian says look you know you got a judge but you just like to sin I can easily answer him. That may be true but then the Christian will just say it in a different way. They will keep doing the dick move forever to catch you in a lie that doesn't exist.

They will say ok you know there is a God but you just hate God. And that is easy to answer. But then they will come up with something else and if that doesn't work something else after that for ever. They think they know you are lying and they will never believe anything you say until you admit it.

That is the game I feel some people on here are playing with me. You know I am wrong because you can't be wrong. So I must be lying about having a deeper truth than basic Atheism or Science/Materialism To add insult to injury some even assume that since the only people they met who think the way I do are Theist than I have to be a Theist myself.

So they will never accept what I say no matter how well I explain it. No definition will ever be good enough not only because I must be wrong but I must be lying about it. And if someone thinks they know you are lying and they will never believe anything you say until you admit it.

This is both exhausting and seems pointless.

Would you talk to a Christian everyday indefinitely who said you believed in God and called you a liar and no matter how many times you answered them ...

not only would they not accept that Atheism is true but they would still call you a liar for saying you were an Atheist?

I think you would answer them once or twice to put them in their place and you would explain why sin has nothing to do with it and why they can't say you "hate" God.

But if thy kept coming up with a different reason I seriously doubt you would keep it going. And if they invited all their Christian friends to mock the idiot Atheist who knows he is lying but won't admit it I think you would not show up.

You would end the thread . Trust me.

My Solution

That being said I will do my best to answer what I see in this thread today and today only ... because I am not the ahole or liar you think I am. But after that I am done ok?

I am only doing this because I do not think that everyone on here thinks I am a dick/troll or liar.

But since there are obviously plenty on here that do think that and I can not convince them otherwise I feel that continuing this thread is a waste of time.

If you really wanted to continue this thread you would gladly come to my website and do it. What does it matter to you where the thread is? Unless you just want to mock me and have no respect for me. Then why should you have to bother helping someone else? Esp if you know that I will ban you from my website if you act like a troll.

Post Script on Trolls and Trolling

On most websites a Troll is someone that disrupts all the threads or tries to destroy as many threads as possible be refusing to stay on topic and launching personal attacks.

But if someone decides to target just one person and just mock everything they say...even if they follow that person to every thread they are on and do the same thing... then that troll gets away with it.

To me even if you do not meet the definition of an internet Troll that attacks entire websites ...cyber stalking and mocking is still trolling.