Why Do Most Atheist Let Religion Define Metaphysical Questions?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
27-07-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: Why Do Most Atheist Let Religion Define Metaphysical Questions?
(27-07-2014 02:12 PM)thespiritualanarchist Wrote:  Hmm I wish there was just an ignore button in both this forum and my forum. Because that way there are no bans for the most part. If someone just annoyed me and didn't want to address anything I actually said I could just click ignore by their name.
Just follow the arrows.

[Image: JQgwTSH.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
27-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Quote:thespiritualanarchist Wrote:
Hmm I wish there was just an ignore button in both this forum and my forum. Because that way there are no bans for the most part. If someone just annoyed me and didn't want to address anything I actually said I could just click ignore by their name.
Just follow the arrows.

Thank you! Man if I had known maybe I could of clicked ignore on the one ahole and not reacted so badly to some of the others on here!

The combination of hypocrisy and closed mindedness along with substituting manipulation for reasoning can bring out hostility in me. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Well you have to decide WHY you chose to be here. If you only seek audience for your theories then go ahead and act non member. But if you wish fair exchange know that people will respond in a variety of ways.
That's all.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
28-07-2014, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2014 11:37 PM by thespiritualanarchist.)
Quote:Well you have to decide WHY you chose to be here. If you only seek audience for your theories then go ahead and act non member. But if you wish fair exchange know that people will respond in a variety of ways.
That's all.

Not sure what you are getting at here???

This thread went for 10 pages!!! It's not like after two pages I just up and quit because I didn't like how it was going. Some people were real aholes to me but I stuck it out.

I am still posting threads and I am discussing things.

How am I acting like a non member?

Suppose that I told you that if you don't keep this thread going until I am done with it that you are acting like a nonmember?

What would you say?

Would you agree?

Like I said before I offered to keep this thread going on my message board. Nobody took me up on the offer. So it seems that the topic is not really that important to anyone on here but having home advantage is. Which is an irony since I only have 3 members right now so by joining my board as well as this one you wouldn't be giving up your home advantage.

Shoot I asked the guy that tried to keep this discussion going if he wanted to keep it going a few more days on here and he lost interest. So how come it is ok for him to lose interest and abandon the thread but not for me to?

If I quit this board I seriously doubt anyone would miss me because this message board has hundreds of members. Am I a bad person for attempting to bring up my membership on my board from 3 people to more?

It didn't work. But that is my problem. I thought that I started a thread that people would find so interesting I could move it to my board and attract visitors. But as many on this board have pointed out there are a lot of people on here who actually have no real interest in Philosophy but only in debating people and trying to make them look bad.

But I like this community because not everyone here is just out to put people in their place and nothing else. So I have already started some threads with the intent of finding those who actually want to talk about something.

Nope I'm not a non member I am here to stay. Some of the people wanted to continue this thread forever and I wanted people to join my website.

Neither one got what they wanted.

But that's Free Will for you. See you on the other threads.

Ps I did lose my job and this thread had begun to obsess me a bit too much and was taking up all my time.Not to mention that I am working on writing a book.

Between job hunting and my book I really needed to free up some of my time.

So I also had personal reasons.

The combination of hypocrisy and closed mindedness along with substituting manipulation for reasoning can bring out hostility in me. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2014, 04:00 AM
(28-07-2014 11:23 PM)thespiritualanarchist Wrote:  
Quote:Well you have to decide WHY you chose to be here. If you only seek audience for your theories then go ahead and act non member. But if you wish fair exchange know that people will respond in a variety of ways.
That's all.

Not sure what you are getting at here???

This thread went for 10 pages!!! It's not like after two pages I just up and quit because I didn't like how it was going. Some people were real aholes to me but I stuck it out.

I am still posting threads and I am discussing things.

How am I acting like a non member?

Suppose that I told you that if you don't keep this thread going until I am done with it that you are acting like a nonmember?

What would you say?

Would you agree?

Like I said before I offered to keep this thread going on my message board. Nobody took me up on the offer. So it seems that the topic is not really that important to anyone on here but having home advantage is. Which is an irony since I only have 3 members right now so by joining my board as well as this one you wouldn't be giving up your home advantage.

Shoot I asked the guy that tried to keep this discussion going if he wanted to keep it going a few more days on here and he lost interest. So how come it is ok for him to lose interest and abandon the thread but not for me to?

If I quit this board I seriously doubt anyone would miss me because this message board has hundreds of members. Am I a bad person for attempting to bring up my membership on my board from 3 people to more?

It didn't work. But that is my problem. I thought that I started a thread that people would find so interesting I could move it to my board and attract visitors. But as many on this board have pointed out there are a lot of people on here who actually have no real interest in Philosophy but only in debating people and trying to make them look bad.

But I like this community because not everyone here is just out to put people in their place and nothing else. So I have already started some threads with the intent of finding those who actually want to talk about something.

Nope I'm not a non member I am here to stay. Some of the people wanted to continue this thread forever and I wanted people to join my website.

Neither one got what they wanted.

But that's Free Will for you. See you on the other threads.

Ps I did lose my job and this thread had begun to obsess me a bit too much and was taking up all my time.Not to mention that I am working on writing a book.

Between job hunting and my book I really needed to free up some of my time.

So I also had personal reasons.

There is a time when all conversations come to an end! Its the same at dinner-parties!

I have spent a bit more time thinking and that is something I do find a bit hard to do as I come from a more practical world!
And I have concluded my earlier answer was glib and crap!!

The words that theists hold dear in philosophical debate, let them have the words!
Just ask them how do they know its right? Challenge the ground that they place the word on!

I will admit its a short answer!

However good luck with your book! Let me know what its called and when you go to print!

K:

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!