Why Do You Celebrate The New year ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2011, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 01:28 PM by AbdelZ.)
RE: Why Do You Celebrate The New year ?
(29-12-2011 04:27 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I don't

Next question...

Good for you

Where comes that new year's celebration non-sense from ?

(29-12-2011 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-12-2011 04:25 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Where that comes from ? considering the fact that time is psychological

Happy new year anyway

Time is not purely psychological. The Earth goes around the Sun, each revolution is a year; objective fact.

I know , i was talking about our perception of time , see how sometimes we feel differently about the length of the same period of time ,depends on our psych+ time is a relative concept as Einstein proved it to be as such : our earthly time is just an illusion , an objective one as well haha

(30-12-2011 03:15 AM)Filox Wrote:  It is my time of the year to have a talk with all the Gods and demons. It is the time to test my own stability and will power.

I do that like dr. Walter Bishop does...

Smile

You can do that without booze or narcotics , why the latters ?

I see the new year's eve celebrations i used to celebrate too while getting drnuk & full of drugs in the process , i see them as pure non-sense = i see those screaming partying drunks as some sort of silly irrational beasts chimps really haha = hysterical mass-psychology

Makes no -sense whatsoever , time is time ,so

celebrating the past ,the present or the future won't stop time from taking its course = won't change a damned thing
(30-12-2011 12:29 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I haven't seen midnight on New Years eve for several years now.

This year I may go to some friends, but for me it's the party, not the date that is enticing. Great excuse to roll a huge "New Years Cannon" though!

I am wondering why people need the booze , drugs ?

well, i know why but alcohol & drugs are just placebos really

I used to drink a lot too , i tried also drugs , i was a party beast haha

Extacy & a bit of cocke , marijuana, alcohol mixed together ....used to make me feel i was in "heaven " - = but that was bullshit , i do not need that stuff anymore , i can party without & on my own terms , i am mostly high on life itself , i am also healthier this way ,so

I do not eat junk food anymore either

people are full of shit fools , for the most part at least , so

No wonder that we make ourselves look & sound so silly ridiculous every now & then haha no matter how smart ,educated ....we might be

reason is not our prime driver haha , just a secondary one like Hume used to say : even reason is shaped by emotion, feeling , culture,society, nurture , economics, politics , psyche, biology neuro-phsyiology ....

Intuition is even a higher form of intellect , so
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I'll be celebrating this way:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvKOvPzR33wBjlYJS4PjN...olyP9Bk1RQ]
+
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpX4QI24zNDGX2xVSaPMh...k_plkVFU8Q]

Why? Because I'm most anti-social and my wife isn't feeling well so I won't be going out. Plus I don't really want to go out anyway.

Why celebrate at all? It's a weekend. I don't drink a lot, 1 or 2 drinks and I'm done. I don't drink to get drunk.

Need booze AbdelZ? I don't need booze. I like to have a drink on Friday after work to chill out and relax a bit. I don't even need it for relaxing and chilling either. But I enjoy it. So you can have your heaping judgement back, and save it for later.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
30-12-2011, 02:38 PM
(30-12-2011 01:51 PM)kineo Wrote:  I'll be celebrating this way:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvKOvPzR33wBjlYJS4PjN...olyP9Bk1RQ]
+
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpX4QI24zNDGX2xVSaPMh...k_plkVFU8Q]

Why? Because I'm most anti-social and my wife isn't feeling well so I won't be going out. Plus I don't really want to go out anyway.

Why celebrate at all? It's a weekend. I don't drink a lot, 1 or 2 drinks and I'm done. I don't drink to get drunk.

Need booze AbdelZ? I don't need booze. I like to have a drink on Friday after work to chill out and relax a bit. I don't even need it for relaxing and chilling either. But I enjoy it. So you can have your heaping judgement back, and save it for later.

Not too bad for a guy like yourself haha i mean it

I used to be a real real real party beast : parties , after-parties & all that non-sense : i am done with it now , not that i am old for that stuff, i am still very young , i am high on life now , i am high on my wonderful angel of a wife & angels kids ...

I wish your wife a good healthy recovery : happy new year for you both & for the rest of your family , friends ...., i hope your wife's health will allow her to have fun

Take care , have fun , life is too short, enjoy it

P.S.: I just think that the new year's silly celebrations do not make any sense whatsoever though, so

as long as people do not harm others while celebrating it , i am pretty ok with that silly non-sense
30-12-2011, 02:49 PM
No booze for this guy, and I'm a little old for the crazy party. It's more of a mellow, hang-out with friends kinda deal. I do like to smoke weed though. For me it's not a need to have fun. Instead, it's fun to smoke. Two very different things. I didn't use it at all until I got a prescription for it (at least in my "adult" life), but re-discovered it as an aid to arthritis, and an enjoyable and relatively harmless vice.

As for health, good on ya AbdelZ for looking after yourself. One thing I'm sure we can agree on, is that health is a very high priority. In fact, if you look around the forum, or ask some here that know me, you'd see I live a VERY healthy lifestyle. Hopefully we can talk on a non-religous thread about healthy lifestyles sometime.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
30-12-2011, 03:23 PM
(30-12-2011 02:49 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
Quote:No booze for this guy, and I'm a little old for the crazy party. It's more of a mellow, hang-out with friends kinda deal. I do like to smoke weed though. For me it's not a need to have fun. Instead, it's fun to smoke. Two very different things. I didn't use it at all until I got a prescription for it (at least in my "adult" life), but re-discovered it as an aid to arthritis, and an enjoyable and relatively harmless vice.

Nice to hear you are a relatively responsible wise guy haha kidding

not bad at all , except that weed is risky business : it's fun , i know , i've been there , but scientists do still do not know the long term repercussions of drugs in relation to the human brain ,so

I would be more careful concerning just that if i was you , but smoking weed from time to time is ok, i guess, as long as that does not become an addictive habit : weed addiction can also have some not-so-nice effects concerning the sexual capacity & sexual appetite in bed ; weed as an arousal or aphrodite too much of can turn to its opposite = a biological economic law = too much of anything is not good for you = change of quantity can lead to a change of ...quality

[quote]As for health, good on ya AbdelZ for looking after yourself. One thing I'm sure we can agree on, is that health is a very high priority. In fact, if you look around the forum, or ask some here that know me, you'd see I live a VERY healthy lifestyle. Hopefully we can talk on a non-religous thread about healthy lifestyles sometime.

Yeah, why not , who knows , we'll do that some day , sounds pretty interesting

I was a kindda auto-destructive party beast Don Juan

I broke many ladies ' hearts , i did things to them i'm not pretty proud of : nothing too serious they cannot recover from though

I am more like a healthy athletic responsible ethical ( if you except my silly little game i played here haha that got out of hand ) restless "truth seeker " guy

Goethe's Fraust has been rocking my world lately i have been reading for example

music is my world too , nice movies to watch from time to time too ....some nice great books to read : i love world literature for example , then the rest of course : science , neuro-psychology, anthropology ....

I like to enjoy life the responsible healthy harmless-to-others- way , so

Happy new year , best wishes , take care
30-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Wow man. Just want to say thanks for letting me see you like I would in real life: just a guy, instead of through the atheist vs theist glasses. One thing among many that makes this a tough way to communicate huh?

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-12-2011, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 04:08 PM by AbdelZ.)
(30-12-2011 03:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Wow man. Just want to say thanks for letting me see you like I would in real life: just a guy, instead of through the atheist vs theist glasses. One thing among many that makes this a tough way to communicate huh?

well, we are all just humans individuals, we are not civilizations, haha , we are not beliefs , cultures, countries , ideologies, thoughtstreams, colors , ethnicities, we are not races , we are not the peoples , we are not the societies ...we are just people individuals , so : we should look at & treat each other that way alone : as humans in the first place

Read this great book of British _Indian economy nobel prize winner on the matter Amartya Sen : "Identity & violence : the illusion of destiny " concerning muslims & the west , human identity, religious & secular identity, our multiple identities as humans , terrorism, the so-called war on terror , tolerance, violence , intolerance .......even though it's just a secular liberal view = great book though

well, thanks, buddy : if u knew me in real life , u would love me Sad saying the latter makes me blush really haha : i saw once a scientific video about the evolutionary roots of the human face's blush : was interesting ) , say the people i know, my family, relatives, friends , co-workers , study buddies .... ,so , with all modesty , no false modesty

I was not myself the other time : i just intended to trigger an experimental kindda silly Dr.Jeykell & hide thing that got out of hand hitting me back in the face haha aaiiieee , like a boomerang that missed its target somehow , that Dr.jeykel & hide experiment just turned out to be more of a Frankenstein's kindda thing somehow , taking me down with it in the process as the Frankenstein's story goes : Frankenstein's monster taking his creator Frankenstein down with him at the end of the line haha

Gotta go ,thanks , appreciate

I have a new year's "gift " for you though & for the guys here : go back to the source : to nature , away from this noisy intolerant world of fools :

A stunning beautiful award winning relaxation video with the world's most beautiful music : nature's colors :

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/natures-c...est-music/

& this relaxation music :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSgPDKG6b...ure=fvwrel

Ciao, see ya
02-01-2012, 03:05 PM
New year ? what is ...time ?
[+] 1 user Likes AbdelZ's post
03-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Celebration is 4 - I love my Gwynnies! - it ain't healthy; prolly ain't gonna end well. Angel

Eleven years of the unholy day, 5 -15. There is no other mark on my calendar. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 11:12 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
I don't celebrate new years at all.

Actually I just get kinda annoyed that I will have to remember to put 2012 down in the date columns of various paperwork. I always forget sometimes...

Quote:P.S.: I just think that the new year's silly celebrations do not make any sense whatsoever though, so

as long as people do not harm others while celebrating it , i am pretty ok with that silly non-sense
Its simply an excuse for people to act stupid, be reckless, and go out and get drunk, and whats more this behavior is socially accepted on this day. Actually now that I think about it, its the exact same thing as spring break.

The only thing needed in life to do anything is an excuse.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post