Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 02:13 PM by AbdelZ.)

The Question Is Not Only : "To Be Or Not To Be " As Shakespeare Put it , But Also " To Believe Or Not To Believe "

Note : The matter of belief cannot be reduced to the belief in God because belief in God without work or practice is not only hypocritical & nihillistic but also does not make any sense whatsoever.

Source : Human mind / conscience / consciousness

I really wonder whether you do seriously ask yourselves about this above mentioned key question or not , the latter that can give you the right answer concerning this other key question "What Is Man Or What Makes Us Human ?" all beliefs, ideologies, thoughtstreams , cultures ....are concerned with :

Because fact is , even the so-called atheists among yourselves cannot really deny as such , is that the belief in God is biological innate instinctive as well as spiritual when it comes to humans , the same goes for our human moral ethical innate instinctive biological spiritual compass that gets perverted by culture , nurture , ecology ....the same goes for the so-called common sense that has both universal innate biological spiritual elements as well as cultural ones though , as some British philosophers of ethics stated in other words , to some extent at least : Hume , Locke ....

[b]Besides , no single so-called atheist can ever deny the fact that he /she might have experienced /experiences some religious sentiments at a given moment of his / her life : belief in God as a matter of human consciousness too .

To make this long story short , the following :

To try to prove the existence or the alleged non-existence of God directly was just an ancient Greek non-sense cultural habit because neither the existence of God nor His alleged non-existence can be proved as such directly .

An ancient Greek cultural non-sense habit thus that was taken over by christianity later one whose theology was Greek by the way, ironically enough :

See those so-called founding fathers of the church such as Augustinus for example ...on the matter .

See the christian silly scholastics on the matter : Thomas Aquina ....

An Ancient non-sense Greek cultural habit that was also taken over by the so-called modern philosophy : starting with Descartes, then Spinoza, ....Kant & the rest , resulting in the philosophical surrender on that level , with the birth of the philosophy of logical analysis , the latter that do not attempt to address those metaphysical issues such as God, the nature of the human spirit .............

P.S.: Neo-Darwinists & others , especially the modern materialistic neurology , try their best to "prove " that the concept of God or the religious experiences are just neurological "delusion " , that all is mind , that even our own consciousness was just the product of our so-called evolutionary complexity of our brain = emergent property theory for example ...........

Do tell me about it , thanks , appreciate indeed
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 02:07 PM
RE: Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?
Apparently "lieve" has some type of importance?

Oh wait.

"Leave"

I get it.

You're leaving? Awesome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't really understand the post very well, I think.

But I'll try.

I don't believe because I don't need to be part of the believer crowd. I know that's certainly not all. But I'm sorta basing this on the god I'm assuming, which for atheists is kind of a big "no-no." You haven't given me much to go on except for the mention of "Thomas Aquina." Therefore I can honestly avow I am not a part of the crowd of appreciators and believers of Thomas Aquinas' god. I've read a bit about him and was brought up in the crowd and have come to the conclusion that this character is a monster and a brute, and I will have nothing to do with him.

His existence, in this case, is purely irrelevant, so Nihilism and Nietzsche be damned.
05-01-2012, 02:22 PM
(05-01-2012 02:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Apparently "lieve" has some type of importance?

Oh wait.

"Leave"

I get it.

You're leaving? Awesome.

haha very funny

No, that was just a language game = "to be or not to be" is contained in " to believe or not to believe" as that actually is the case = the creation of the universe by God is till ongoing , still in the process =

So, man can affirm his /her ultimate individuality by contributing to the creation of the universe = by becoming creators themselves under God at the end of the line = becoming THE real "Ubermens " at the end of the line by absorbing THE one & only ultimate Individuality there is = that of God = by becoming "gods " themselves under God = that's the point mainly
05-01-2012, 02:33 PM
(05-01-2012 02:05 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?

The Question Is Not Only : "To Be Or Not To Be " As Shakespeare Put it , But Also " To Believe Or Not To Be[color=#FF0000]lieve "

Because there is no evidence for the existence of gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-01-2012, 02:37 PM
(05-01-2012 02:16 PM)Hellbound Alleee Wrote:  
Quote:I don't really understand the post very well, I think.

what don't you understand exactly ? I wrote this thread quickly , so

[quote]But I'll try.

Thank you for trying , appreciate indeed

Quote:I don't believe because I don't need to be part of the believer crowd

Well, can you be more specific ?

Note : do not forget that what you believe or not believe , what you think or do not think .....are also & mainly whispered to you by your own culture , that there are biological psychological social as well as cultural ideological political ecological economic ...........factors that shape our human thought , thus our behaviour, science is not yet through with, if ever .

So, you have to wonder in which extent you are not thinking & behaving like your own cultural crowd does or does not in that regard .

Quote:. I know that's certainly not all. But I'm sorta basing this on the god I'm assuming,

Which kindda god are you assuming then ?

Do not forget that there are varieties of religious experiences or varieties of belief in God unique to each person believer due to his /her own perception of God = no single religious experience of no single believer individual is like that of another individual believer because God is unlike any of His created beings or things , so = each believer has a certain "image " of God in his /her mind ...........

Quote: which for atheists is kind of a big "no-no." You haven't given me much to go on except for the mention of "Thomas Aquina." Therefore I can honestly avow I am not a part of the crowd of appreciators and believers of Thomas Aquinas' god. I've read a bit about him and was brought up in the crowd and have come to the conclusion that this character is a monster and a brute, and I will have nothing to do with him.

Subjective stuff , can you elaborate on that with some arguments, please ?

Quote:His existence, in this case, is purely irrelevant, so Nihilism and Nietzsche be damned.

What makes you think the existence of God is irrelevent or that all religions are nihillistic ?

Nietzsche was right about many things , he has just failed thanks to Darwin & Freud mainly = Nietzsche was just the product of his own time & culture though = he must be put in that historic cultural context = see what i wrote about Nietzsche's "ubermens " to the first person to respond to this thread here above , in the islamic context at least
05-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Ignoring all the fluff in your posts, I'm hoping that you're actually looking to understand why we don't believe.

Why don't I believe in any deity? Because I see no value in it. From what humanity has discovered about the universe, it seems to work in a very natural way. If you want to put a deity behind those natural processes, that's fine, but I don't see a need to (Occam's Razor).

Does morality require a deity? I don't think so. I think that you can simply work your way through life's problems by analyzing each one individually. Is killing wrong? Soldiers do it. I'd kill someone who was threatening my family. I prefer Rawls' Veil of Ignorance, which states that morality is an action that is just. Justice can be found by acting as if you didn't know which side of the action you fell on.

What about the afterlife, should I believe to get a good seat there? I've realized that I'm not afraid of death, it's dying that scares me. This existence is all that I know, and I would be sad to see it end. There could be something on the other side, but I'll wait until I get there rather than spend this life preparing for something that might not even be there. And if a supreme being does exist, than it would hopefully judge people on the merit of their lives, rather than which team they gambled on. If the opposite is true, than I won't give that being my one shot in this world.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 02:49 PM

Hey Abd,

Glad you came here for some honest inquiry. Let me invite you to read a post of mine.

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...t-Designer

Simply put, the god character outlined in the OT/NT is not worth of worship.

Can you give us a few good reasons he is?

You'll catch me saying this more than once. I am MORE MORAL than the god of the bible. Heck, i dont even know YOU and would venture to say you have not comitted mass genocide, slavery, murder, direct involvemnt in hardening hearts to yeild a result, and many other traits and acts of the god of the bible. Yes, YOU TOO are more moral than Charlie "God" Manson. Abd, have you ever wanted to kill someone because of Foreskin??? Well, your god has! Yep a flap of skin send him into a Dick Cheney rage!

Giving a son (ie Voluntary Manslaughter) is not a noble deed for an all powerful being (John 3:16). Its a terrible solution to a self made problem. God is clumsy and incompentent...if you can not see that..then you've not been reading your bible.

Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
(05-01-2012 02:37 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  God is unlike any of His created beings or things

Except we're made in his image. And if we're to be God-like (your words, not mine), shouldn't we follow his 'moral' examples? That would lead to mass killings and wars. Oh wait, we're doing that already...
So maybe he does exist, and we're doing exactly as he's showing us.
OR
Maybe he doesn't exist, but the majority of the world is religious, and follow the teachings anyway.

"Religion is the binky of a teen-age humanity."
05-01-2012, 02:55 PM
All children are born Atheist. They need to be taught the word of God. If children were born theist why do you believe the church works so hard to indoctrinate them?

I highly dislike religion because I know its the most dangerous weapon ever created by man. If you wanted to start a random war, no one would join you. Do it in the name of God and just watch how unintelligent and savage man can become. Something that prides peace has caused more casualties in war then any firearm or bomb.

I don't believe in religion because the reason you can discount all other gods is the same reason I can also discount yours.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 3 users Like ShirubaDangan's post