Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?
You want to talk about vulgar? Do you want to know what I find absolutely repulsive and vulgar?

Religious people disowning their own flesh and blood over such ignorant reasons like homosexuality and a lack of belief... or even if they go to another faith that's within the very sect of the religion they follow.

I find it vulgar that you theists or spiritualists call Atheists vulgar for using choice words. If I say Fuck You, you immediately jump to conclusions about my intelligence. Where's the intelligence in that type of judgment? This isn't some job interview. You are questioning our thought processes and insulting our intelligence. Do that to me and I reserve every right to tell you to piss off and fuck a baby panda.

Don't get offended at my profanity above, that was just an example. I hope you have enough intelligence to realize that.

Why don't I believe in God? That's simple. Look at the mentality of the many people who do believe in God. It's much more scarier than the thought of hell. I do not want to do that to my brain. I will not surrender to ignorance blissfully.

I want to live my life on this Earth trying to understand the Universe I reside in. I do not have another shot at this so I want to make the best of my life. I want to make many great friends. I want to soak up as much knowledge as I can. I want to live a fruitful life with my family. I want to reap all of the benefits that this planet has to offer. Hey, maybe I'll even live long enough to take a sip of a youth medicine and be fortunate enough to experience living on another planet in this solar system.

That last bit sounds a bit crazy to you right? Funny thing is, those are within reach according to many physicists. Truth is much more beautiful than fairy tales.

I wonder though, what happens to this so-called spirit when a person is suffering from dementia... brain trauma... amnesia... I guess the brain is stronger than the spirit since the spirit can't heal the brain. I guess this means that the spirit can be held prisoner by this meat vessel.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like NoahsFarce's post
06-01-2012, 06:43 PM
(06-01-2012 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Allah be praised, I still have a rational Muslim I can learn a thing or two about Islam from. ... And he hasn't said a damn thing about his I.Q.

"I have no idea. People who boast about their I.Q. are losers." - Stephen Hawking when asked by the NY Times about his I.Q.

Haha! I'd bet the Mensa society wasn't too happy about that. I agree though, it's a flawed test in that it only measures certain aspects of intelligence (definitely not all) and tries to condense them into a single number (which isn't adequate)...

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
06-01-2012, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-01-2012 06:21 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I find it vulgar that you theists or spiritualists call Atheists vulgar for using choice words. If I say Fuck You, you immediately jump to conclusions about my intelligence. Where's the intelligence in that type of judgment? This isn't some job interview. You are questioning our thought processes and insulting our intelligence. Do that to me and I reserve every right to tell you to piss off and fuck a baby panda.

Don't get offended at my profanity above, that was just an example. I hope you have enough intelligence to realize that.

No,no, I like it. ... I like it a lot. This is an excellent rationale for swearing like a sailor.

(06-01-2012 06:21 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I guess this means that the spirit can be held prisoner by this meat vessel.

Well, maybe for the moment. At least until the meat can finish absorbing and assimiliating the spirit through rational investigation and observation. ... God only knows what's gonna get shit out.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-01-2012, 07:16 PM
why do all muslims fuck goats Abdelz?Huh
and why do you look up to mohammed a pedophile who had sex with a 9 year old girl?

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 2 users Like Jackrabbit's post
06-01-2012, 09:05 PM
(06-01-2012 01:21 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 12:46 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  And you're right to say that all atheists have experienced "religious sentiments", just like we've all been scared of things that go bump in the night at one time or another. But we don't give in to our feelings when we have better explanations. We understand that, as humans, we're faulty machines that give in to mistaken assumptions. But that doesn't mean that, after figuring this out, we're fated to always be this way. Grow up, AbdelZ, and try to become a better person. Don't assume that your nature is always in control, even when irrational. You can get over it, just like many of us former theists did.

I suggest you read those ebooks i presented to Denicio before starting to project your Eurocentric christian non-sense on me or on muslims, islam ..........

Do not make this lethal unscientific groundless generalization thought error made by your Euorcentric western 'enlightenment " = considering all religions as forms of christianity = generalizing their legetimate rejection of that medieval christianity to other religions

Now it's "lethal", "unscientific", and "Eurocentric"? Not only do none of these actually rebut my argument, but they're simply insults (or in other words, they suffer from the ad hominem fallacy). Groundless is a relevant word (and not an insult but actually a rebuttal) but it's equally wrong - I cited my statements. I'm standing on a foundation built by the research of others.

It's not about considering all religions as equal to Christianity. In fact, in the statement made above, I don't even mention religion. To reiterate, those feelings that you call "religious sentiments" are not a need for a god just because you (and other mistaken theists) claim that they are. There are plenty of us who don't feel a need to worship, and we don't misplace our sense of awe or wonder because we've learned how to evaluate feelings and look at how they can be misleading. Do you really not even believe that you could be mistaken?

Your citations are (as I've mentioned before) biased. I don't care to hear how another theist translates information. Of course theists agree with you and spin things in the same way you do. But if all you hear is one side of the argument, you can't possibly balance the evidence. Cite unbiased sources (like Wikipedia, newspaper articles, or expert sources - I cited David Hume's works to prove what David Hume believes) if you want to win the mind of a rational person.
(06-01-2012 04:45 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Well, thats how a debate must work, at least for me...

That's an awesome graphic. I hope you don't mind if I use it, 'cuz I'll overuse it.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
(06-01-2012 09:05 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 04:45 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Well, thats how a debate must work, at least for me...

That's an awesome graphic. I hope you don't mind if I use it, 'cuz I'll overuse it.

It's not mine, so you can use it. Big Grin

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2012, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 01:38 PM by AbdelZ.)
Try to learn from the following here below , silly childish intolerant fascist vulgar barbaric human trash garbage that you certainly are ,considering the way you behave here

Here you go :

(06-01-2012 12:50 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  I was having a debate with a muslim friend of mine on skype.
We were talking about how there's no evidence for religious belief and he gave me this Gem of a quote from a muslim apologetics forum.

"Atheist; God is not falsifiable, simply because you require faith in Him.

answer: wouldn't that be neat if everything was falsifiable? Well sadly some things aren't. When a scientist believes in string theory due to it's mathematical harmony; despite that it's not falsifiable, people seem to look the other way. But if a theist believes in God based on a harmony in his world-view, it's like everybody goes: "look at that blind fool..." [Both are faith based, so why the double standards?]"

Aparently hes under the impression that sceintists believe religiously in string theory or any other theory and that justifies belief in god.

and that made me facepalm...

He works under the assumption that scientists believe in a theory beyond evidence and that its a double standard.

A good example against that claim is Einstein's theory of relativity, in which he produced testable predictions and and refused to believe in them until they were actually tested and yeilded results. e.g. expanding universe was verified later on by Hubble.

He doesn't for a moment think about the concept of scientific theory or the scientific method, that when scientists consider something like String theory or any other scientific theory that they do so based on evidence; nobody just comes up with a crazy theory without evidence to support his claim, in the case of string theory its mathmatical and not faith based.

String theory was not privately revealed and has no dogma attached to it, if tomorrow someone comes out demonstrating that string theory is invalid
based on evidence, no rational person would comit to it without reasonable proof, just as no one now comits to outdated theories such as the Cubical Atom and the Geocentric Earth.

The only reason theorists work under the assumption that a certain theory is an accurate model is to produce testable predictions that can verify or falsify that model.

Religion on the other hand works under the assumption that their version of god is the correct one, and when evidence and contradictions in their beliefs discrediting the notion arises, they still cling to it like a child on his mother's teat and then call "double standard" and shout "bigot".

Science corrects itself, it keeps itself in line, it is continually trying to prove itself wrong so it can come up with better and more accurate models of how the universe works. And there are many many theories in the history of scientific understanding that were proven inaccurate and better models were built. One of these theories was the notion put forth in the dark ages that light is emitted from the eye reflects on objects and returns back
was replaced by the more accurate theory that light rays produced from a light source (the sun. light bulb, etc.) reflects off of objects and into the eye.

Anyone wants to weigh in?

Hi, you should study islam deeply , silly fool, before you dare say anything on the matter , don't you think ?

I do not think you were a muslim either & it shows = any average muslim can see that through : you might be just some lunatic pretending to have left islam in order to demonize islam ...nice try

First of all , religion & science have different natures:

Science is all about material processes while islam for example is all about both matter & spirit

Science tries to explain the material processes while islam gives paradigms in regard to both the material & spiritual aspects of life , the universe ...

Second : the scientific method itself had islamic Qur'anic origin = science as the legetimate natural daughter of islam = science & islam as the 2 sides of the same story
science trying to explain the sacred & vice versa = both islam & science feed back each other
Even evolution was discovered by muslims for the first time ever before Darwin was even born

Third : modern science has become a kindda religion sometimes , especially under ideological materialism' s domination, excluding all non-materialistic paradigms in the process

Fourth:

No rational person can deny the pure scientific facts as such , but materialism had in fact imposed some of its prescriptive interpretative speculative ideological non-sense to science as "scientific facts " like the "fact ' that life itself is just a matter of "material processes" or the "fact " that the intellect is just a product of evolution , not to mention thus the "fact " that the very nature & function of the human consciousness is just a matter of material neuronal activity due to the so-called evolutionary complexity of the human brain = emergent property theory

Many scientists whisleblowers have been condemning the materialistic orthodoxy in science , so

It's only a matter of time before materialism in science & elsewhere will be sent to Alice's wonderland , together with its materialistic mechanical deterministic "newtonian-cartesian " paradigm

Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?

Source: Briffault's "Making of Humanity " you can download for free here below :

http://www.archive.org/details/makingofh...00brifrich

Here u go :

Note that the author mentions the "Arabic civilization or Arabic science " instead of saying the islamic ones : Arabs were in the minority concerning the latters

Excerpt from "The Reconstruction of Religious Thought " by Sir Dr.Muhammad Iqbal u can download for free here below , quoting Briffault : chapter 5 : The spirit of muslim culture :

(....Europe has been rather slow to recognise the islamic origin of her scientific method .But full recognition of the fact has at last come .Let me quote one or two passages from Briffault's making of Humanity :

Quote :

"....It was under their succesors at that Oxford school that Roger Bacon learned Arabic & Arabic science .Neither Roger Bacon nor his later namesake has any title to be credited with having introduced the experimental method.Roger Bacon was no more than one of the apostles of muslim science & method to christian Europe, and he never wearied of declaring that a knowledge of Arabic & Arabian science was for his contemporaries the only way to true knowledge.Discussions as to who was the originator of the experimental method are part of the colossal misrepresentation of the origins of European civilization. The experimental method of the Arabs was by Bacon's time widespread & eagerly cultivated throughout Europe . -pp.200-01-

Science is the most momentous contribution of Arab civilization to the modern world ,but its fruits were slow in ripening .Not until after long Moorish culture had sunk back into darkness did the giant to which it had given birth rise in his might .It was not science which brought Europe back to life .

Other and manifold influences from the civilization of islam communicated its first glow to European life.

For although there is not a single aspect of European growth in which the decisive influence of the islamic culture is not traceable,nowhere is it so clear& momentous as in the genesis of that power which constitutes the paramount distinctive force of the modern world and the supreme force of its victory -natural science & the scientific spirit.

The debt of our science to that of the Arabs does not consist in startling discoveries or revolutionary theories, science owes a great deal more to Arab culture , it owes its existence .

The ancient world was , as we saw , pre-scientific .

The astronomy & mathematics of the Greek were a foreign importation never thoroughly acclimatized in Greek culture .The Greeks systematized, generalized & theorized , but the patient ways of investigation , the accumulation of positive knowledge ,the minute methods of science,detailed & prolonged observation, experimental inquiry ,were altogether alien to the Greek temperament .

Only in Hellinistic Alexandria was any approach to scientific work conducted in the ancient classical world, what we call science arose in Europe as a result of a new spirit of inquiry , of new methods of investigation ,of the method of experiment ,observation, measurement, of the development of mathematics in a form unknown to the Greeks .

That spirit & those methods were introduced to the European world by the Arabs -p.191-" end quote

The first important point to note about the spirit of muslim culture then is that ,for purposes of knowledge,[B]it fixes its gaze on the concrete, the finite .

It is further clear that the birth of the method of observation and experiment in islam was due not to a compromise with Greek thought but to a prolonged intellectual warfare with it .In fact ,the influence of the Greeks who,as Briffault says ,were interested chiefly in theory ,not in fact ,tended rather to obscure the muslims ' vision of the Qur'an ,and for at least two centuries kept the practical Arab temperament from asserting itself & coming to its own .I want therefore to definitely eradicate [B]the misunderstanding that Greek thought , in any way, determined the character of muslim culture.....)

Source : The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam by Sir Dr. Muhammad Iqbal , chapter 5 : the spirit of muslim culture :

Download the book for free :

http://www.maroc.nl/forums/nieuws-de-dag...ost4903943

Further more , see in the above mentioned book of Iqbal how muslims were the first ever to discover [B]evolution
itself & much much more

see this 3-part docu on the matter too while u are at it , presented by a an Iraki-British scientist on the field :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPlaS_wGz...r_embedded"]Science and Islam: Part 1: The Language of Science - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL5238...PlaS_wGzx8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0FSgNE4L...r_embedded"]Science and Islam: Part 2: The Empire of Reason - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LjdnKE_i...r_embedded"]Science and Islam: part 3: The Power of Doubt - YouTube

In other words of a Persian poet :

Quote :

"If your heart is not deceived by the mirage ,be not proud of the

sharpness of your understanding ,

for your freedom from this optical illusion is due to your imperfect

thirst " End quote

http://www.1001inventions.com

http://www.muslimheritage.com
Let me quote a passage of the great philosopher & the greatest poet of the last century Sir Dr. Muhammad Iqbal from his "The reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam " regarding evolution that was discovered by muslims for the first time ever centuries before Darwin was even born :

Excerpt from chapter 4 : The human ego-his freedom & immortality

Quote :

".....The theory of evolution ,however , has brought despair & anxiety , instead of hope & enthusiasm for life , to the modern world .The reason is to be found in the unwarranted modern assumption that man's present structure , mental as well as physiological, is the last word in biological evolution, & that death regarded as a biological event , has no constructive meaning .The world of today needs a Rema to create an attitude of hope & to kindle the fire of enthusiasm for life . His inimitable lines may be quoted here :

First man appeared in the class of inorganic things ,

Next he passed therefrom into that of plants ,

For years he lived as one of the plants ,

Remembering naught of his inorganic state so different,

And when he passed from the vegetive to the animal state

He had no remembrance of his state as a plant ,

Except the inclination he felt to the world of plants ,

Especially at the time of spring & sweet flowers,

Like the inclination of infants towards their mothers,

Which know not the cause of their inclination to the breast.

Again the great creator ,as you know,

Drew man out of the animal into the human state .

Thus man passed from one order of nature to another ,
Till he became wise & knowing and strong as he is now .

Of his first souls he has now no remembrance.

And he will be again changed from his present soul.
[/b] En quote

http://www.muslimphilosophy.com/iqbal/index.html
07-01-2012, 01:53 PM
"silly childish intolerant fascist vulgar barbaric human trash garbage"

A shame you dont know what any of these words mean, otherwise you wouldnt be throwing them around so often and readily.
Go buy a dictionary.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
07-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Congrats on the new record!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-01-2012, 02:27 PM
From this whole page, as I skimmed the messages, my eyes stop ever so gently on the words "inclination to the breast"....everything else was blah blah blah Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results