Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?
No evidence for a god, or for supernatural events or even for the existence of anything existing outside of the natural universe (i.e. supernature). And the fact that science has provided a method by which to observe and explain the natural workings of our universe solely in terms of the natural universe without the need to invoke any of the things I listed above, as they are not science.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-01-2012, 03:34 PM
I deny all of the gods! I have found pure energy and the peace of the universe. I am smaller than a drop of water in the sea, but this pure universal energy goes on when I die.If you can feel peace leading you, you are traveling in the right direction.

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 03:39 PM
There is no proof for the existence of ANY god, unless you can demonstrate the existence of your particular personal god or any god, I won't believe any baseless claim.

"Reality does not require faith" as AronRa said, and if your god is demonstrable beyond reasonable doubt, then it would not require/demand faith, as simple as that.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
[+] 1 user Likes MasterRottweiler's post
05-01-2012, 03:40 PM
There are several reasons why I don't believe, but the main reasons are: Lack of indisputable proof that there is such a being and/or the inability of such being to provide its creation with an indisputable way to worship it. I don't worship deities for the same reasons I don't regard to a hypothetical invisible infinite ham in my fridge as being "lunch".

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
05-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Because it is a silly idea.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
05-01-2012, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 03:58 PM by AbdelZ.)
(05-01-2012 03:40 PM)The_observer Wrote:  There are several reasons why I don't believe, but the main reasons are: Lack of indisputable proof that there is such a being and/or the inability of such being to provide its creation with an indisputable way to worship it. I don't worship deities for the same reasons I don't regard to a hypothetical invisible infinite ham in my fridge as being "lunch".

You obviously haven't read this thread's content

(05-01-2012 03:43 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Because it is a silly idea.

Why is it silly ? that's exactly the other way around = not believing in the obvious existence of God is ...silly = an understatement

Besides : God is not an idea or a philosophical idea concept : you imply that God was an " idea created " by man = that's not the case because ideas , any ideas are not created by man out of a vaccum or in the first place to begin with ,not originally = ideas are cumulative , are impressions via our senses , what we call reality is the fabrication or construction of our minds via our senses , mostly then + man does not create ideas = see all those biological psychological social cultural political economic ecological ideological ...factors that shape human thought & thus behaviour science is not yet through with , if ever

Man does not create ideas originally = you obviously have no idea of epistemology

God is unlike any of His created beings or things = so, we can have no "idea " of God & God cannot be an idea , ideas are not even created by man originally = ideas are cumulative dynamic historic as knowledge is

(05-01-2012 03:39 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  There is no proof for the existence of ANY god, unless you can demonstrate the existence of your particular personal god or any god, I won't believe any baseless claim.

"Reality does not require faith" as AronRa said, and if your god is demonstrable beyond reasonable doubt, then it would not require/demand faith, as simple as that.

Read this thread's content first

Besides : what cannot be empirically apprehended does not mean it does not exist + there are other sources of knowledge like intuition, feeling , emotion ..............

Emotion for example makes me think better sometimes...for example

Stronger : feeling , emotion , intuition do shape thought

Even stronger : intuition is the higher form of intellect
05-01-2012, 03:59 PM

(05-01-2012 03:43 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:40 PM)The_observer Wrote:  There are several reasons why I don't believe, but the main reasons are: Lack of indisputable proof that there is such a being and/or the inability of such being to provide its creation with an indisputable way to worship it. I don't worship deities for the same reasons I don't regard to a hypothetical invisible infinite ham in my fridge as being "lunch".

You obviously haven't read this thread's content

(05-01-2012 03:43 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Because it is a silly idea.

Why is it silly ? that's exactly the other way around = not believing in the obvious existence of God is ...silly = an understatement

Besides : God is not an idea or a philosophical idea concept : you imply that God was an " idea created " by man = that's not the case because ideas , any ideas are not created by man out of a vaccum or in the first place to begin with ,not originally = ideas are cumulative , are impressions via our senses , what we call reality is the fabrication or construction of our minds via our senses , mostly then + man does not create ideas = see all those biological psychological social cultural political economic ecological ideological ...factors that shape human thought & thus behaviour science is not yet through with , if ever

Man does not create ideas originally = you obviously have no idea of epistemology

God is unlike any of His created beings or things = so, we can have no "idea " of God & God cannot be an idea , ideas are not even created by man originally = ideas are cumulative dynamic historic as knowledge is

WTF???
Dude, put the crack pipe down.

If we can have no idea of god or he can not be an idea..then how can you believe in something that you have no idea about?

Seriously, drugs are ok to party with from time to time but when the partying starts effecting basic thought, you really gotta reassess your commitment to reality.

You have typed many words, but you have said nothing.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
05-01-2012, 04:05 PM
(05-01-2012 03:43 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Besides : what cannot be empirically apprehended does not mean it does not exist + there are other sources of knowledge like intuition, feeling , emotion ..............

Intuition, feeling , emotion are not knowledge of anything except one's self.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-01-2012, 04:05 PM
To put it quite simply, I have seen no strong evidence for a deity at all, let alone one that cares about us.

P.S. I have no idea what you think "=" means but I don't think it means what you think it does.
05-01-2012, 04:06 PM
If we can have no idea of something... how is it OBVIOUS?

Things that I see as obvious about Gods are that religions tend to follow the same type of patters and character arch types. Many accounts of trying to answer one question and they adjust when borrowed from others, several creation storys, flood or destruction tales, trickster characters, good half human/half deity men, some carry the notion of Gods in the sky and an afterlife below the Earth... Well you could argue it must mean it is true but they are so different when details arise and so copycated via historical relations between religions it is clear to a be a pattern made up by humanity.

The whole obvious idea reminds me of a caller from the Atheist Expereince once that wouldn't shock me if it was you Abdelz. He stated God was Obvious but then when they asked him to explain what he meant, he went on into several other rambling points that weren't culminating into an answer.