Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?
(05-01-2012 03:34 PM)Infidel Wrote:  I deny all of the gods! I have found pure energy and the peace of the universe. I am smaller than a drop of water in the sea, but this pure universal energy goes on when I die.If you can feel peace leading you, you are traveling in the right direction.

That sounds like new age woo without any more evidence than there is for gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 04:11 PM
(05-01-2012 03:34 PM)Infidel Wrote:  I deny all of the gods! I have found pure energy and the peace of the universe. I am smaller than a drop of water in the sea, but this pure universal energy goes on when I die.If you can feel peace leading you, you are traveling in the right direction.

Why do you deny the existence of God then ? there is only one God though : the one & only

I will give you a small "analogy " , no comparison = humans had no "idea " of the existence of viruses, cells, DNA .............not so long ago , now they have , not that the material science can ever approach the metaphysical matters

science cannot even tell us what matter is , let alone what human spirit is, what energy is , what water is essentially , what atoms are really

can you tell me what electricity is for example ? you do use it everyday , even right now as we speak , but nobody really knows what electricity really is , what light really is ...

Second : what is energy ? did you ever see it ? nobody knows exactly what the nature or essence of things reality energy matter spirit are , why do you believe in energy then, energy you do not know what it is : energy as a kindda god according to you

If you believe in the existence of energy you do not see & you have no idea of its nature , then you have no "reason " not to believe in God logically accordingly

W do not know what God is , we do not see God , we cannot apprehend the reality of the existence of God empirically , that does not mean that God does not exist because God is everywhere : within & without = God as THE source of all energy , of all power .................neither no living beings nor no inanimate matter can function without

God as the creator of all things & beings , the creator of evolution, of the laws of physics ................of everything , including yourself thus
Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Please, please, read some basics on English grammar and punctuation.
05-01-2012, 04:12 PM
(05-01-2012 03:43 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  You obviously haven't read this thread's content
You're right

I have the fucker on my ignore list but it's fun to waste his time. SmileSmile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
(05-01-2012 04:12 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:43 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  You obviously haven't read this thread's content
You're right

I have the fucker on my ignore list but it's fun to waste his time. SmileSmile

haha

Thanks , appreciate : i will be having some serious sleepless sad nights because you took your "love " away haha take me back, pleeeaaase haha

what's the matter with you ? do you think that silly childish insults behaviour are ...arguments ?

Can't you respond like a decent human being ? with some arguments for example

Grow up

(05-01-2012 04:11 PM)Ben Wrote:  Please, please, read some basics on English grammar and punctuation.

Just try to focus on the content , not on the form then, please , thanks, appreciate indeed
05-01-2012, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 03:08 AM by MasterRottweiler.)
(05-01-2012 03:43 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Besides : what cannot be empirically apprehended does not mean it does not exist + there are other sources of knowledge like intuition, feeling , emotion ..............

Shifting the burden of proof I see... Then just because you cannot disprove the existence of the FSM, it does exist then, in any case, it is an argument from ignorance, "we don't know how/why X happened, so god did it..." god of the gaps argument basically.

(05-01-2012 03:43 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Emotion for example makes me think better sometimes...for example

Stronger : feeling , emotion , intuition do shape thought

Even stronger : intuition is the higher form of intellect

Equivocation fallacy I think, how do you relate emotions, feelings and such into the existence of god?

Also it is a division fallacy, even if we have a conceptual base of god, it does not mean that it exists beyond the realm of imagination, unless you can prove otherwise, we need a physical base, and from a Stoljar/Melnyk physicalist perpective, such things depends on a physical brain unless you can prove that such feelings do not depend on a physical brain.

Intuiton? First, define intuition, then demonstrate that your particular definition of intuition relates to the context of what we are debating if not, then its just a non-sequitur, and please demonstrate that intuition as you are using it is a verifiable and trustworthy method to understand or create a useful constructive model of reality.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
[+] 1 user Likes MasterRottweiler's post
05-01-2012, 04:26 PM

(05-01-2012 04:11 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  

Why do you deny the existence of God then ? there is only one God though : the one & only

I will give you a small "analogy " , no comparison = humans had no "idea " of the existence of viruses, cells, DNA .............not so long ago , now they have , not that the material science can ever approach the metaphysical matters

science cannot even tell us what matter is , let alone what human spirit is, what energy is , what water is essentially , what atoms are really

can you tell me what electricity is for example ? you do use it everyday , even right now as we speak , but nobody really knows what electricity really is , what light really is ...

Second : what is energy ? did you ever see it ? nobody knows exactly what the nature or essence of things reality energy matter spirit are , why do you believe in energy then, energy you do not know what it is : energy as a kindda god according to you

If you believe in the existence of energy you do not see & you have no idea of its nature , then you have no "reason " not to believe in God logically accordingly

W do not know what God is , we do not see God , we cannot apprehend the reality of the existence of God empirically , that does not mean that God does not exist because God is everywhere : within & without = God as THE source of all energy , of all power .................neither no living beings nor no inanimate matter can function without

God as the creator of all things & beings , the creator of evolution, of the laws of physics ................of everything , including yourself thus

Wow, just wow! Science cant answer to what water is? Really?
Flat earther much? Into Alchemy are we?

Human Spirit...hmmm how do you know you have a spirit? What makes you believe you have a spirit? Prove you have a spirit.
Your blind assumption that you have one shows your ignorance. How much does a spirit weigh? Does it gain weight when it gets older? I could go on for days....

I am not trying to be mean, but your grammar, sentence structure and line of so called reasoning has me questioning whether you'd look great in a white arm coat that has these nifty buckles n stuff.

Plainly said, you seem certifiably insane AND you have an imaginary friend that cant be and idea but you believe but...vaccume...bzzt bzzt....must...bzzzt..frabrication.....bzzt..construction...need input....bzzt bzzt.

You have come here making claims you can not prove, you assemble sentences that really don't make a lick of sense and i am no English teacher but your syntax shows signs of incomplete thought and pure randomness. (i realize my spelling and grammer is bad, but i can assemble a complete thought).

As compassionately as i can urge anyone, please seek help. DON'T EVER listen to a voice in your head telling you to get a gun, kill one of your kids or anything like that...run that idea by someone else first (a real human, not a 2nd or 3rd voice you are hearing).

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
05-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Allah akbar!

^see that? God, in existence. 2, of 4, from 1. I am 4; of what is that composed? Love. Truth. Life. Faith. I am an atheist.

/sermon

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 04:40 PM by ClydeLee.)
(05-01-2012 04:11 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  God is everywhere : within & without = God as THE source of all energy , of all power .................neither no living beings nor no inanimate matter can function without

The more and more I read when you are saying what your point's are and not not calling others silly, it sounds like you believe God in a pantheist view or panentheist view.

God is everything encompasses all that there is but may be a bit beyond everything in his way to order it. Which is fine to believe for yourself but I don't see any reason to call anything so far I've seen you attribute to God as what needs to be called God.

I may be wrong and an more apt to think I am in what your ideas are from earlier but this verbiage you've used over and over trying to tie "ideas" or emotions, and energy, electricity and everything to God seems to be that pattern. What is it beyond encompassing everything that makes it God?
05-01-2012, 05:40 PM
(05-01-2012 04:12 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I have the fucker on my ignore list but it's fun to waste his time. SmileSmile

Heehee he's on my ignore list, too. Wink

Why do I not believe in God?

I'm not arrogant enough to believe in God.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post