Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?
(05-01-2012 04:11 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:34 PM)Infidel Wrote:  I deny all of the gods! I have found pure energy and the peace of the universe. I am smaller than a drop of water in the sea, but this pure universal energy goes on when I die.If you can feel peace leading you, you are traveling in the right direction.

Why do you deny the existence of God then ? there is only one God though : the one & only

I found something that I thought was god. I lost connection and thought the connection was gone forever. I am beginning to feel the same peace, love and joy as an Athesit, as I did back in the 80's & 90's as A Christian. This year I will be looking for a way to grow higher (transcend) in this "energy". I hope to prove the existence this year, it is my goal. I reject all gods and seek the truth.

We will become supermen and women! I do not expect anyone to accept this idea blindly , with no evidence to prove it. But the first thing you should look for is a feeling of peace, and no fear of anything.

I did not need anyone to die for my sins!
Yahweh= slaughter house religion

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Infidel's post
05-01-2012, 07:36 PM
(05-01-2012 06:45 PM)Infidel Wrote:  I found something that I thought was god. I lost connection and thought the connection was gone forever. I am beginning to feel the same peace, love and joy as an Athesit, as I did back in the 80's & 90's as A Christian. This year I will be looking for a way to grow higher (transcend) in this "energy". I hope to prove the existence this year, it is my goal. I reject all gods and seek the truth.

We will become supermen and women! I do not expect anyone to accept this idea blindly , with no evidence to prove it. But the first thing you should look for is a feeling of peace, and no fear of anything.

This is belief without evidence and is no different than a belief in gods.
You have given up the imaginary sky god, but have put some imaginary energy in its place.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-01-2012, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 07:55 PM by Infidel.)
(05-01-2012 07:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 06:45 PM)Infidel Wrote:  I found something that I thought was god. I lost connection and thought the connection was gone forever. I am beginning to feel the same peace, love and joy as an Athesit, as I did back in the 80's & 90's as A Christian. This year I will be looking for a way to grow higher (transcend) in this "energy". I hope to prove the existence this year, it is my goal. I reject all gods and seek the truth.

You have given up the imaginary sky god, but have put some imaginary energy in its place.
I told you what to look for. I will not be trying to defend it. If you loose your opportunities to discover things mommy and the science teacher never told you about, it is your loss, not mine. Forget it all and play a video game.That will take your mind off of reallity for a little while. You might check this thread out, if you are interested .If not, who cares!

05-01-2012, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 08:00 PM by Chas.)
(05-01-2012 07:48 PM)Infidel Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 07:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I told you what to look for. I will not be trying to defend it. If you loose your opportunities to discover things mommy and the science teacher never told you about, it is your loss, not mine. Forget it all and play a video game.That will take your mind off of reallity for a little while. You might check this thread out, if you are interested .If not, who cares!

I'm just pointing out that this sounds no different than your former belief in God. Can you not see that?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-01-2012, 09:08 PM
It's not that I don't believe in god, AbdelZ, it's more like I have no need of one.

(05-01-2012 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:34 PM)Infidel Wrote:  I deny all of the gods! I have found pure energy and the peace of the universe. I am smaller than a drop of water in the sea, but this pure universal energy goes on when I die.If you can feel peace leading you, you are traveling in the right direction.

That sounds like new age woo without any more evidence than there is for gods.

Why you fuckin' with the new guy Chas? That ain't woo, that's just his interpretation of a particular perspective of realizing and dealing with the fact that he's smaller than a drop of water in the sea. We all gotta deal with it one way or the other. His sounds as good to me as any. He didn't advertise it as science, so it ain't woo by my definition.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
(05-01-2012 09:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's not that I don't believe in god, AbdelZ, it's more like I have no need of one.

(05-01-2012 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  

That sounds like new age woo without any more evidence than there is for gods.

Why you fuckin' with the new guy Chas? That ain't woo, that's just his interpretation of a particular perspective of realizing and dealing with the fact that he's smaller than a drop of water in the sea. We all gotta deal with it one way or the other. His sounds as good to me as any. He didn't advertise it as science, so it ain't woo by my definition.

I agree with the drop of water. I take issue with a belief in "pure universal energy".
If it sounds like woo, looks like woo, ...

05-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Policy decision. Like never buying shit peddled by telemarketers. I don't explain to each one why i don't need or want his shit - just hang up. It saves time.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
05-01-2012, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 10:42 PM by ddrew.)
Why do I not believe in God?

Well... science and evolution has given a pretty damned STRONG arguement that suggest that a God is very unlikely. The God of the "Holy Bible" is one mean son of a bitch! If that is the role model of the deity that I'm supposed to fall down and worship.. fuck no!...

How does that phrase go?? If I die and face God .. I'll kick his ass and he'll know why... or somthing to that effect...
Ehhh.. Wait... hold on ..

the drunk side wants to express itself.........

Fuck God.

whew... okay I'm feeling better now.. whatever it was that my drunk side said... it helped!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
06-01-2012, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 06:46 AM by Infidel.)
I would never go back to the slaughter house god. The Abrahamic religions (Islam- Judaism-Christianity) have turned the world into one big nut house. But there is something out there.It is bigger than the universe.It makes me high, it makes me alive, it makes me strong, it renews my mind. I am not sure what this is now. Surely you will say I need a psych doc. But the power, peace and joy is very real, and it is much bigger than you, bigger than me. Years ago I would have called this god, now I am not sure.
I think many of you who are claiming to be atheists are just a bunch of arrogant and closed minded street thugs.

06-01-2012, 10:08 AM
(06-01-2012 06:40 AM)Infidel Wrote:  I would never go back to the slaughter house god. The Abrahamic religions (Islam- Judaism-Christianity) have turned the world into one big nut house. But there is something out there.It is bigger than the universe.It makes me high, it makes me alive, it makes me strong, it renews my mind. I am not sure what this is now. Surely you will say I need a psych doc. But the power, peace and joy is very real, and it is much bigger than you, bigger than me. Years ago I would have called this god, now I am not sure.
I think many of you who are claiming to be atheists are just a bunch of arrogant and closed minded street thugs.

It appears that your mind is so open that your brain fell out.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post