Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2012, 01:08 PM
RE: Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?
AbdelZ Can you provide us with undeniable evidence of gods existance? If it is as you say that "not believing in the obvious existence of God is ...silly" You must have some good hard evidence of its existance?

Care to share some of your wisdom with us?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Oh, nevermind...i got it. We got us a born again muslim. Got it!

Love that religion of peace, btw. Seen any good cartoons lately?

Oh thats right, if you had...we'd heard about the cities you guys would have burnt to the ground.

Come on over to memphis during may, we got some awesome BBQ you just gotta try!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
06-01-2012, 01:21 PM
(06-01-2012 12:46 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:05 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Because fact is , even the so-called atheists among yourselves cannot really deny as such , is that the belief in God is biological innate instinctive... as some British philosophers of ethics stated in other words , to some extent at least : Hume , Locke

Besides , no single so-called atheist can ever deny the fact that he /she might have experienced /experiences some religious sentiments at a given moment of his / her life : belief in God as a matter of human consciousness too .

Quote:I've read everything that David Hume wrote (as far as I know) and he really doesn't support your position. But just writing his name isn't really a citation, anyway. Why not actually quote something of his that supports this, and perhaps link to one of his works (all of which are available online just by Googling the titles).

I have Hume's ebooks, thanks : i said in my topic "[b]to some extent at least " referring to the then relatively "advanced" views of the British philosophers of ethics concerning the origin of ethics morality , the origin of common sense , the origin of the belief in God ..............some of them admitting the contributions of religion & paving the way for some great contributions to civilization by some protestant & other christian groups , especially in the US = that would give you an idea about the origin of the fact that the Americans are still considered to this day as to be the most religious nation on earth, relatively speaking then ....people here should take a closer look at , just for the purpose of discussion, that's what i mean mainly , in total contrast with the French philosophes for example who had elevated reason to the level of an a-historic a-cultural absolute static "universal " authority "religion" , ironically enough, , by being anti-religion in the fascist sense in the process = totally excluding religion & replacing it by reason in the above mentioned absolute sense = that's why France for example is still the most fierce secular anti-religion nation to this day for example

Quote:In fact, this paper that I've linked to spells out why skepticism is the proper position by default, and explains why "supernatural" evidence can't ever logically be considered stronger than its natural explanation.

Read those links i gave to Denicio here above for example

Muslims were one of the first ever to introduce the healthy balanced scepticism in religion , in life , in science ...

And you're right to say that all atheists have experienced "religious sentiments", just like we've all been scared of things that go bump in the night at one time or another. But we don't give in to our feelings when we have better explanations. We understand that, as humans, we're faulty machines that give in to mistaken assumptions. But that doesn't mean that, after figuring this out, we're fated to always be this way. Grow up, AbdelZ, and try to become a better person. Don't assume that your nature is always in control, even when irrational. You can get over it, just like many of us former theists did.

I suggest you read those ebooks i presented to Denicio before starting to project your Eurocentric christian non-sense on me or on muslims, islam ..........

Do not make this lethal unscientific groundless generalization thought error made by your Euorcentric western 'enlightenment " = considering all religions as forms of christianity = generalizing their legetimate rejection of that medieval christianity to other religions
06-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Just for your general knowlage on my backround Abdelz, im a former muslim, current Atheist.

you type words and string them together with no meaning.
people claim that god exists but fail to provide any evidence except bronze age 'holy' books.
if i told you i had a metaphisical apple that is spaceless and timeless in my hand, whould you lend me a shred of credibility?
What proof have you that there is a god, and that god is the specific god of [insert religion here].
All you've brought to the table right now is pseudo philosophy.
if by your logic god is outside of our ways of verifying his existence then by your logic we have no idea what the will of that god is
or that he wants us to wage war, not be homosexuals or pray five times a day.
If a diety is out of our omprehensive reach then the will of that diety is also indescernable and theres no rational reason to think that it even cares about our existence or prayer or crucifiction.

Religious expriences are just mind tricks, delusion and hallucinations, just as big foot sightings and alien abduction stories are.
They are explainable by phsychological means, if a person believes that there is a ghost or alien in his room, he will attribute any
ominous sounds (rusling leaves, wind blowing against objets) and reflections of light to that ghost or alien or leprechauns or fairies.
Personal experiences are not a valid argument.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
06-01-2012, 01:29 PM
(06-01-2012 01:21 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  I suggest you read those ebooks i presented to Denicio before starting to project your Eurocentric christian non-sense on me or on muslims, islam ..........

Do not make this lethal unscientific groundless generalization thought error made by your Euorcentric western 'enlightenment " = considering all religions as forms of christianity = generalizing their legetimate rejection of that medieval christianity to other religions

I suggest you take your idiotic post-modernism and your blind faith in Islam and go elsewhere.

I am an atheist, I don't believe in Islam. I reject all claims of the supernatural because there is no evidence.

I am rational, I don't believe in post-modernism. I reject the absurdity of saying science can't be true because some cultures reject it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Ywhay areay eway illstay alkingtay otay imhay?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
06-01-2012, 01:46 PM
(06-01-2012 01:18 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Oh, nevermind...i got it. We got us a born again muslim. Got it!

Oh thats right, if you had...we'd heard about the cities you guys would have burnt to the ground.

D

This is the time of muslims' decline due to their betrayal of their own faith that incites them for example to use reason, experience , practice , constant search .....to seek knowledge in the larger sense , to work hard ...............as religious duties , as forms of worship of God = true science is thus a form of worship of God when it will be liberated from materialism as an ideology paradigm for example , when science will be liberated of that materialistic mechanical deterministic "newtonian -cartesian " paradigm for example

in the sense , the more belief , the more use of reason , constant search, the more seeking of knowledge in the larger sense , experience , practice .............the closer one gets to God

Because The Truth as such with a big T cannot be known in this life , can only be approached thus with death as THE ultimate absolute certainty there is in this life in this double sense at least = death is absolutely certain + absolute certainty concerning THE Truth with a big T does exist only after death , that's 1 of the reasons why i do think for example that all beliefs , cultures, thoughtstreams , ideologies ...do have some elements of the truth , to some extent at least , including the atheistic ones like that deterministic materialistic mechanical "historic materialism theory " of Marx for example, relatively speaking then

Philosopher Sir Dr. Muhammed Iqbal & the greatest poet of the last century who had even developed his own philosophy was trying in his book i gave you the link of , to present his own propositions regarding the reconstruction of religious thought in islam at the light of the modern western thought & time & on islamic terms , , because current muslims are mosly not only far behind western thought that was just an extension of the islamic thought turned into a materialistic one in the process, but current muslims are also & especially [color=#FF0000]far behind their own islamic faith because they have been in deep sleep for more than 5 centuries closing those islamic highly dynamic religious & other think tanks in the process

Finally :
You say this non-sense of yours before even taking a look at the links i gave you , before addressing my words = way to go , man

Sorry , end discussion with you then = you are not worth it as you just proved it , thanks, appreciate anyway
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM

(06-01-2012 01:46 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 01:18 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Oh, nevermind...i got it. We got us a born again muslim. Got it!

D

This is the time of muslims' decline due to their betrayal of their own faith that incites them for example to use reason, experience , practice , constant search .....to seek knowledge in the larger sense , to work hard ...............as religious duties , as forms of worship of God = true science is thus a form of worship of God when it will be liberated from materialism as an ideology paradigm for example , when science will be liberated of that materialistic mechanical deterministic "newtonian -cartesian " paradigm for example

in the sense , the more belief , the more use of reason , constant search, the more seeking of knowledge in the larger sense , experience , practice .............the closer one gets to God

Because The Truth as such with a big T cannot be known in this life , can only be approached thus with death as THE ultimate absolute certainty there is in this life in this double sense at least = death is absolutely certain + absolute certainty concerning THE Truth with a big T does exist only after death , that's 1 of the reasons why i do think for example that all beliefs , cultures, thoughtstreams , ideologies ...do have some elements of the truth , to some extent at least , including the atheistic ones like that deterministic materialistic mechanical "historic materialism theory " of Marx for example, relatively speaking then

Philosopher Sir Dr. Muhammed Iqbal & the greatest poet of the last century who had even developed his own philosophy was trying in his book i gave you the link of , to present his own propositions regarding the reconstruction of religious thought in islam at the light of the modern western thought & time & on islamic terms , , because current muslims are mosly not only far behind western thought that was just an extension of the islamic thought turned into a materialistic one in the process, but current muslims are also & especially [color=#FF0000]far behind their own islamic faith because they have been in deep sleep for more than 5 centuries closing those islamic highly dynamic religious & other think tanks in the process

Finally :
You say this non-sense of yours before even taking a look at the links i gave you , before addressing my words = way to go , man

Sorry , end discussion with you then = you are not worth it as you just proved it , thanks, appreciate anyway

You sir are a fool. You have an imaginary friend backed up with a big book and other books written by folks equally as lost.

Your god is the jew god is the christian god, you guys just dont all get along. Its all the same imaginary bronze age pretend sky dude. All you have are words...thats it. NOTHING to back up a single claim, nada. Just words and a feeling that stirrs you something like adrilinin and the like.

One thing you state that i DO hope is right. The muslims decline. I hope that for the entire world. That means more people LIVE than die over such nonsense.

IF you came here to convert or score points with Mohamchristzenu you are really wasting your time. You have proven time again you are not here for rational thought.

Take Mohmammad, the koran and your dogma and cram it in Robert Tiltons arse. I cant be any clearer. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay out of any flights in the United States, you guys are not welcome there either.............

I wash my hands of you and rub my ballsack on the eyes of Mohammad! (i wish i could draw you a picture of this event).

Your Pal,
Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2012, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 02:07 PM by AbdelZ.)
(06-01-2012 01:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 01:21 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  I suggest you read those ebooks i presented to Denicio before starting to project your Eurocentric christian non-sense on me or on muslims, islam ..........

I suggest you take your idiotic post-modernism and your blind faith in Islam and go elsewhere.

I am an atheist, I don't believe in Islam. I reject all claims of the supernatural because there is no evidence.

I am rational, I don't believe in post-modernism. I reject the absurdity of saying science can't be true because some cultures reject it.

haha

I suggest that you try to get rid of your anti-religion fascism = makes you look & sound like a silly immature irrational fool

Ever heard of the freedoms of speech, of thought, individual freedom, freedom of religion ...?

You are very 'tolerant " & open minded 'scientific rational " , i see = way to go , man

RU delusional ? i did not even mention post-modernism

I did not say that science was not true , i just condemned ideological materialism in exact sciences as well as in human sciences, excluding all non-materialistic paradigms in the process

Do not forget the fact that even the scientific method itself had islamic Qur'anic origins, that evolution was discovered by muslims for the first time ever centuries before Darwin was even born

You are talking about evidence of what you call the supernatural while intellect is just one dimention of man , you forget other sources of knowledge like intuition as a higher form of intellect , like feeling that shapes thought ...even many of your modern scientists , thinkers philosophers are applying even to the exact sciences & even to the queen of all sciences = mathematics , together with reason, empiricism, logic

[b]Final note : you just prove to me once again that you are just vulgar fascist "thinking " atheists thugs , i see = way to go ,man = you are no genuine real truth seekers

Congratulations

Thought , so :

It seems that many "rational scientific " people in here do think that silly childish insults are some kindda ..."arguments " haha

Grow up, get a life , take off your hypocritical phony "tolerant liberal democratic ..." masks everybody can see through

You are just vulgar pretentious irrational hysteric intolerant fascist hypocritical street thugs with no identity, no originality, no back bones, no integrity , no decency ...........pffff...........haha

If you cannot handle facts you do not like , just pretend they do not exist then, very rational scientific approach then haha

I was hoping to find some rational decent people among you, i am seriously disappointed as i predicted , as i knew all along = way to go, folks

Congratulations
06-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I am tolerant. Tolerance does not equal respect. Tolerance means that I'm not trying to have religion outlawed or force anyone to stop practicing religion. I support freedom of religion. Tolerance does not mean I have to hold any respect for such an irrational belief.

I am open-minded. If I hear of an idea that is supported by evidence I will do my best to approach with as little bias as humanly possible. That does not mean that I have to give equal time to irrational beliefs that are not evidence-based in any way.
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post