Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2012, 02:23 PM
RE: Why Do You Not Believe In God, Folks ?
(06-01-2012 01:59 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  ... intuition as a higher form of intellect...
You mean like this?

"Religion is the binky of a teen-age humanity."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2012, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 03:01 PM by kim.)
(06-01-2012 01:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ywhay areay eway illstay alkingtay otay imhay?

Confused No shit.
You said it Kingsy - and I can't believe this has gone on this long!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Dodgy

Oh, CaluMew! Yoo-hoo! Cal? Tongue
A pit bull just might do nicely here.

Angel Could I be that cruel?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-01-2012, 02:29 PM
(06-01-2012 01:26 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Just for your general knowlage on my backround Abdelz, im a former muslim, current Atheist.

you type words and string them together with no meaning.
people claim that god exists but fail to provide any evidence except bronze age 'holy' books.
if i told you i had a metaphisical apple that is spaceless and timeless in my hand, whould you lend me a shred of credibility?
What proof have you that there is a god, and that god is the specific god of [insert religion here].
All you've brought to the table right now is pseudo philosophy.
if by your logic god is outside of our ways of verifying his existence then by your logic we have no idea what the will of that god is
or that he wants us to wage war, not be homosexuals or pray five times a day.
If a diety is out of our omprehensive reach then the will of that diety is also indescernable and theres no rational reason to think that it even cares about our existence or prayer or crucifiction.

Religious expriences are just mind tricks, delusion and hallucinations, just as big foot sightings and alien abduction stories are.
They are explainable by phsychological means, if a person believes that there is a ghost or alien in his room, he will attribute any
ominous sounds (rusling leaves, wind blowing against objets) and reflections of light to that ghost or alien or leprechauns or fairies.
Personal experiences are not a valid argument.

very silly subjective non-sense :

read those links i gave to that silly Denicio then, if you dare or can at least , with an open mind then

Well, do you think that as a so-called ex-muslim that you or that subjective experience of yours are some sort arguments against islam ?

You gotta be kidding me

Once again : intellect is just one dimention of man , even intuition is the higher form of intellect , even feeling shapes thought ....

Do not forget the cultural social psychological biological ideological ecological...factors that shape human thought & thus human behaviour science is not yet through with , if ever

Well, read also William James' " The varieties of religious experience " while you are at it then , that book of Iqbal surpasses that of James even , in many ways = a real genius jewel

Iqbal's islamic "Nietzschean " poetry ignites fire of action in the hearts of muslims , can change their mindset drastically for the benefit of humanity in the long run , i hope , by liberating humanity from this western materialistic atheistic civilization slavery without a heart or soul that has been taking over our planet for 5 centuries now

islam as a faith of action because the pith of life is contained in action , in total contrast with those other nihillistic religions

P.S.: As professor Mac Donald said in Iqbal's book : modern psychology has yet to develop some effective solid scientific methods to approach the religious experience :

I say that the modern psychology , especially under western thought, is a billion light years away from that

The true religious experience that stands even above the scientific one , islam as a dynamic lifetime long experience journey : the only way to understand islam is by going through it , by experiencing it , by living it ......& no single islamic experience of no single muslim individual is like that of any other muslim individual ..............religion that stimulated experienced before science ever did , the scientific method that had islamic Qur'anic origins ,................

Grow up, silly : you are not an "argument " or the measure of things , let alone the center of the universe Copernicus would just laugh at , Copernicus who had based his work on the works of muslim scientists before him , muslim scientists who lived centuries before Copernicus was even born & much much more :

Take a look at that thread of mine concerning Roger , Francis Bacon & the islamic origin of the scientific method .........& much more , if you dare or can at least
06-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Muslim scientists and Christian Scientists (I mean those who were scientists not the phony christian-science) alike were people making great discovers in many fields across history. It doesn't prove anything about their believes nor does it make them correct.

You may disagree but the main reason you see your religion fading away and falling apart from this perfect union is because the fields of scientific thought have been discovered to be separate from your devout way of being. There isn't the connection you see and because people with it in the past achieved great mental breakthroughs of their time, doesn't connect the faith to the science.

None of what your saying has any weight. Your saying the only way to get the objective truth, which doesn't exist, is to go through the Islamic experience because that is the only way to see the reality. BUT you can't prove it in anyway unless you go through it and fully embrace it and be entirely embedded in it which really closing your mind to the outside idea of it NOT being correct.

If you found the greatness in Islam then embrace it for yourself, but you could of made everything you've said much clearer based on simply putting, Islam is the truth but you must be it to know, instead of ridiculous threads debating around what your point is trying to be.
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
06-01-2012, 02:46 PM
ive seen all the pro islam arguments, ur not making any sense, ur just stringing words together without meaning,
you have failed to adress my argument and adressed it as nonsense without justifying why and keep refering me to books and threads,
either stand your ground and defend your beliefs or go away,

i refer to my muslim past not as an argument but a qualification to debate theology, as in i have studied the quraan and hadith
and that we can talk about specifics without you dismissing me as a person who doesnt know anything about islam.
i have been in the very heart of islam, and i have seen how a cruel and retarded belief system it is.

Referring to sceintists of faith is not an argument of proof to that particular faith, to articles and reviews is not a debate method its a misdirection. You make your case and when anyone responds you go "go read this book or that article", you want to have a rational debate then produce your arguments and defend them and try to refute our arguments. I can refer you to chritian scientists, jewish scientists and their accomplishments, that is not proof to the authenticity of their beliefs.

Now either man up and defend your arguments and have a civilised debate or stop wasting our time.
asserting your beliefs are true doesnt make them so

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 2 users Like Jackrabbit's post
06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
(06-01-2012 01:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ywhay areay eway illstay alkingtay otay imhay?

Your guess is as good as mine, Ywhay isay heay illstay hereay? Huh

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
(06-01-2012 02:28 PM)kim Wrote:  

Confused No shit.
You said it Kingsy - and I can't believe this has gone on this long!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Dodgy

Oh, CaluMew! Yoo-hoo! Cal? Tongue

Angel Could I be that cruel?

lol

I don't know. I have a lot of presumptions, but I just keep them to myself.

Wink

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
06-01-2012, 03:04 PM
This is the time of muslims ' decline as i said earlier , not islam's : i am not gonna repeat myself again in that regard at least .

Besides :

Morality or ethics are a matter of moral ethical references but some kindda morality or ethics are more true than other ones as atheist Sam Harris proved in one of his lectures with Dawkins i placed here in this forum earlier , Harris just gave it an atheistic U turn in favor of his atheistic ideology & atheistic ethics = the silly split between facts or science & morality is an illusion

I add to that : the silly split between science , morality & easthetics is an illusion

Further more : the silly split between islam & science is yet another worse illusion, considering the islamic Qur'anic origin of the scientific method itself for example

P.S. : Ethics or morality cannot be approached by other ethics or morality unless they are thus a matter of facts as other cultures cannot be approached by a certain culture , let alone that religious or islamic morality ethics can be approached by the secular or atheistic ones
06-01-2012, 03:06 PM
(06-01-2012 02:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

Your guess is as good as mine, Ywhay isay heay illstay hereay? Huh

Iay on'tday owknay; oweverhay, Igpay Atinlay isay eallyray ardhay otay ypetay... eeshshay!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Did i not tell you, folks, that this stupid rating "system " of yours is not only subjective suggestive intolerant irrational but also & mainly ideological ?

Congratulations