Why Do You Think Christianity Is False?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Why Do You Think Christianity Is False?
I am making this thread so everyone can discuss the flaws and lies of the bible. I don't believe mainly because of physics, that and i dont feel like being strapped down by my imagination. So why don't you believe? O.O
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2011, 10:01 AM

RE: Why Do You Think Christianity Is False?
I don't think that Christianity is false, just pieces of it.

I'm currently in the process of reading through the Bible.

As I read, I find more & more flaws.

"God" told Noah to make an ark.
He made the ark & load it with a male & female off each animal.
& His family.

7 days after they got on the ark, "God" sent a huge flood that destroyed the Earth.
A while later, the flood dried up; yada yada.

"God" sends a rainbow to show that & I quote: "No more floods with destroy the earth."
But if you read Revelations, one of the ways the world will end, is with a flood.

Flaw.

There are more, but I need to pay attention to my Spanish work. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
15-11-2011, 10:05 AM
(15-11-2011 10:01 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  I don't think that Christianity is false, just pieces of it.

I'm currently in the process of reading through the Bible.

As I read, I find more & more flaws.

"God" told Moses to make an ark.
& His family.

7 days after they got on the ark, "God" sent a huge flood that destroyed the Earth.
A while later, the flood dried up; yada yada.

"God" sends a rainbow to show that & I quote: "No more floods with destroy the earth."
But if you read Revelations, one of the ways the world will end, is with a flood.

Flaw.

There are more, but I need to pay attention to my Spanish work. Wink

See alot just sounds like crap, there is no way some guy could have gotten all that lumber to make a ark that big, i mean come on think about it
15-11-2011, 10:08 AM

(15-11-2011 10:05 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  See alot just sounds like crap, there is no way some guy could have gotten all that lumber to make a ark that big, i mean come on think about it

Also, the Bible states, that he was ~600 years old, when he built the ark.
[+] 2 users Like calmyourtitsbro's post
15-11-2011, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 10:14 AM by Chas.)
(15-11-2011 09:57 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  I am making this thread so everyone can discuss the flaws and lies of the bible. I don't believe mainly because of physics, that and i dont feel like being strapped down by my imagination. So why don't you believe? O.O

Because all religions are false - there are no gods. There are also no leprechauns, fairies, unicorns, dragons, or witches (except my ex-wife).
(15-11-2011 10:01 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  "God" told Moses to make an ark.
& His family.

That was Noah, not Moses.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-11-2011, 10:15 AM

(15-11-2011 10:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  That was Noah, not Moses.

Thanks for pointing out my stupidity. Smile
Fixed.
15-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Paul. Absolutely. To me, the whole span of YHWH is obvious and mathematical. With a "prophet perspective," the whole Bible can be explained, and it makes a fair amount of sense... and here ya go.

Conserve entropy. Faith = moral certainty. To thine own self be true. Add those three to the golden rule, you get a 4. Case closed. Throw the book away. Wink

Atheism. Simplicity, defined. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Where to begin... Well I'm currently watching this video about issues that have been discovered in the many faulty copies of the gospels that lead to the text we have today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-1hdqNDQ...re=related

I think the easiest answer is, I read the Bible, at least most of it, tried to get it all but said what's the point recently and picked up Origin of Species instead.

The reason I stopped believing Christianity is because I noticed the story was everywhere in MYTHOLOGY with the same aspects of the holy son yet the idea that somehow that was myth but Christianity was real just didn't apply to my mind.
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-11-2011, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 06:36 PM by FSM_scot.)
Because large parts of it are borrowed from various and far older religions. Jesus's back story is one of them.

Many bits of it are completely fictional.
There is very little to no evidence of most of it happening.
It claims to be peaceful, tolerant, and loving but justifies just about every horrific act you can think of.
I'm sure I could go on.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
15-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Well it's pretty simple for me.. I know it's false because if you study the real history behind the creation and origins of all religions you will see very clearly how each religion developed into what it is today.

There are 1000's of religions that once existed that are now gone. With the 1000+ religions around the world today it shouldn't be difficult to take a step back... and realize through just simple logic that out of all the 1000's of religions that exist today, how in the world could any one of them be correct? With thousand of years of change in cultures and ideas and discoveries through science, changes in the way ideas are exchanged through writings and interpretation of those writings. You can look back at any religion and see what it was in the past and how it evolved into what it is today. Christianity, Roman Catholic, Buddist, Hindu, Islam, Judah, doesn't matter.. They've all evolved into somthing different than what it was when it was first created.

Now for Christianity... basically the "father" of Christianity is St. Paul. He devised it.. planned it.. and created it. It's all in the true history... ya just gotta dig for it.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post