Why Do You Think Christianity Is False?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2011, 03:00 PM
RE: Why Do You Think Christianity Is False?
(16-11-2011 03:50 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(16-11-2011 03:28 PM)free2011 Wrote:  The very foundation of Christianity is Genesis. It literally starts the story. Once evidence was discovered for the true development of the Universe and Earth coupled with the evolution of our species the rest crumbles. Without Genesis you don't have original sin and without original sin you don't need to need a savior and without a savior you don’t have religion.

Foundation of Christianity is Paul, you atheist you!

But like how we were just mixing it up with megamix, adding the OT to the NT just makes it that much easier to dismiss. Wink

Doesn't matter what the mixmaster thinks; Ezekiel put the smackdown to original sin. Wink
(16-11-2011 10:25 AM)ddrew Wrote:  
(16-11-2011 12:39 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I've never taken the big step to read the entire bible before. The closest I have come is an illustrated edition of the Book of Genesis by R. Crumb. And I have read a few verses while doing some historical research on the liturgy of the Kaifeng Jews of China. I actually used my grandmothers "old as dirt" bible when I did that. She knows that I am not religious, so she had the oddest look on her face when she saw me holding it.

What is the best version to read? I would prefer it to be some type of scholarly edition if possible.

I'd recommend reading the NKJV... It'll have all the savory and juicy stuff that KJV has just without all of the "thou's and shalt's, heariths" and what not. But yes! Do read the entire Bible from cover to cover.

How I read the Bible and it's entire content was I started with the New Testament first. The 4 gospels, acts, and then all the letters by St. Paul and finally revelations.
Then I read the real horror story, the Old Testament, and after I got through that mind blowing experience I was left with thinking how much God is the actual villian character of the entire Bible!
Enjoy!

I disagree - completely. Big Grin

But there ain't nothing wrong with reading stuff. For hard copy, I would recommend NIV Study Bible. If one can read off a computer screen, one wants to go here: Crosswire. This is the group that runs the open-source Sword project. My Sword has American Standard, Hebrew Names, Apostle's, King James, Young's Literal, and the Septuagint for versions; Strong's Hebrew, Greek, and other concordances such as Easton and ISBE. All free to download, and the Sword combines the modules into a workable Bible Study companion.

...but the Gospels are straight fiction. NT is pretty much Romans; the OT has got all the good stuff. Ecclesiastes is my fave, but Job is the "sheep-shearer deluxe" - just like god intended. Tongue
Many Christians would claim that its essential foundation was in Genesis.
Jesus never claimed to be other than a Jew and despite a few cosmetic changes was true to his Daddy. True, Paul had a lot of clout; he was a prolific writer.

Prior to Constantine making Christianity the established religion there were leaders holding a range of diverse views.
The Marcionites held that Yahveh was a grossly inferior God to thr real one and wanted to do away with the O.T all together and a good deal of the.N.T.

Needless to say the incumbent won, possibly because they were less radical in the prevailing political environment. Christianity could have been a lot different.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
17-11-2011, 04:29 PM
(15-11-2011 10:01 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  I don't think that Christianity is false, just pieces of it.

I'm currently in the process of reading through the Bible.

As I read, I find more & more flaws.

"God" told Noah to make an ark.
He made the ark & load it with a male & female off each animal.
& His family.
--snip--

I just though of another flaw. Some species are asexual. There is also a species of lizard where they are all female but they have lesbian relations and get each other pregnant somehow. Strange...

Why didn't God destroy those 'evil' rug munching lizards in the flood?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
18-11-2011, 09:38 AM
So "sin" came into this world because of a fruit a women ate, and a talking snake convinced her into doing it....... Yep seems legit Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like DaylightDusk's post
18-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Lol @ the bible.
Bro, because simply, it's Christianity. Do you know how many other religions are out there? That once existed that don't exist anymore? That will probably come to exist in the future? Everyone on this thread has an extremely valuable point.

Everyone knows that when we die, we get kittens and DQ slushy machines anyways. So who gives a fuck? Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like itsFerdinand's post
18-11-2011, 09:58 AM
(18-11-2011 09:54 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Lol @ the bible.
Bro, because simply, it's Christianity. Do you know how many other religions are out there? That once existed that don't exist anymore? That will probably come to exist in the future? Everyone on this thread has an extremely valuable point.

Everyone knows that when we die, we get kittens and DQ slushy machines anyways. So who gives a fuck? Big Grin

Lulz good point Tongue
[+] 2 users Like DaylightDusk's post
18-11-2011, 10:33 AM

I just wanted to send a big THANK YOU to those who commented on my post. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
18-11-2011, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2011 11:09 AM by houseofcantor.)
(18-11-2011 09:54 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Lol @ the bible.

Kittens and slushies... this girl knows the secrets of the universe. Big Grin
(17-11-2011 03:00 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Many Christians would claim that its essential foundation was in Genesis.
Jesus never claimed to be other than a Jew and despite a few cosmetic changes was true to his Daddy. True, Paul had a lot of clout; he was a prolific writer.

Prior to Constantine making Christianity the established religion there were leaders holding a range of diverse views.
The Marcionites held that Yahveh was a grossly inferior God to thr real one and wanted to do away with the O.T all together and a good deal of the.N.T.

Needless to say the incumbent won, possibly because they were less radical in the prevailing political environment. Christianity could have been a lot different.

I disagree with the historicity of Jesus - the vision of Paul is more complete with "the son of god" being conceptual engineering - but atheist has no gospel to preach. Just neck to run. Big Grin

And a lot of xtians also find affinity with Isaiah who seems to "pre-ordain" their script. Which is also telling, cause they're ain't no greater nut than Isaiah. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post