Why Evolution is correct (and how the religious are fighting it!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: Why Evolution is correct (and how the religious are fighting it!)
(23-06-2013 12:54 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Well worth the view. Ever known that evolution was correct but couldn't cite examples of transitional forms? This video gives gobs of samples, including how reptiles evolved into birds and how whales evolved from deer like ancestors.

Probably the best quote:

"Scientific fact is defined as a scientific theory in which the proponderence of the evidence is so great, that it would be perverse to deny it."

I've read Jerry Coyne's book - "Why Evolution is True" and it's one of the best books I've ever read - let alone one of the best science books. A must-read.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 06:30 AM
I've been over there in the "discussion" for a while now and I can honestly say that the creationist there are criminally retarded. Especially two of them. Gabby and mikey. They keep using the SAME arguments over and over again (Nazis and communist and ID) and keep using them even after we've successfully refuted them. One even says that Protestants aren't Christians. Clueless morons.

Sent From My NEO x5....
06-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey,gotta ask.
Can you share the link? I cant click yt vids from here..
And something is wrong with the quote button. Its the same as reply...
I am used to the fact that the post i quote is in the textbox,but it aint there...

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
06-07-2013, 08:59 PM
(06-07-2013 08:18 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Hey,gotta ask.
Can you share the link? I cant click yt vids from here..
And something is wrong with the quote button. Its the same as reply...
I am used to the fact that the post i quote is in the textbox,but it aint there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW9G2YVtBYc

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
07-07-2013, 06:21 AM
There's a new one on there and he makes the others look like geniuses. He calls himself bible4truth.

Sent From My NEO x5....
07-07-2013, 08:24 AM
(24-06-2013 08:31 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 08:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait wait wait, back the train up a sec.
There's a huge portion of 'Merica that don't believe that germs cause diseases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF!?

There's a portion of America that doesn't know about heliocentricism. There's a huge portion that believes in a literal and imminent apocalypse. There's a portion that would be laughed out of any competent university of two hundred years ago.

That's what happens when a religiously-inspired revelry in ignorance becomes endemic.

There's idiots everywhere, of course, but the good ol' USA seems to be unique in that it's composed of an incredible global academic elite grafted to a huge mass of proud know-nothings.

There are people who believe in heliocentrism ? I can't imagine that in my country (France) except some traditional catholic (around 1-5% of the population) who deny the reality of evolution theory.
07-07-2013, 12:58 PM
(07-07-2013 08:24 AM)viocjit Wrote:  There are people who believe in heliocentrism ? I can't imagine that in my country (France) except some traditional catholic (around 1-5% of the population) who deny the reality of evolution theory.

I'm sure that you've got that backwards. Either you confused heliocentrism with geocentrism (you may claim momentary cerebral flatulence), or you simply omitted the word "don't." Either way, I'm sure the French are on board with heliocentrism.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
07-07-2013, 01:17 PM
(07-07-2013 12:58 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 08:24 AM)viocjit Wrote:  There are people who believe in heliocentrism ? I can't imagine that in my country (France) except some traditional catholic (around 1-5% of the population) who deny the reality of evolution theory.

I'm sure that you've got that backwards. Either you confused heliocentrism with geocentrism (you may claim momentary cerebral flatulence), or you simply omitted the word "don't." Either way, I'm sure the French are on board with heliocentrism.

I omitted the word don't. (Sometime I miss words).
In my knowledge :
1.Geocentrism : The earth is the center of the universe. That is false but many people believed that in the middle age and before the middle age but some people (a minority) believe that in our decade.

2.Heliocentrism : The sun turn around of the earth and that make the day and the night. This claim is false because this is the earth who turn around the sun to make the day and the night. I read the result of a study who say that some Russians believe in heliocentrism (I don't know if we can trust the study).
08-07-2013, 03:12 PM
(07-07-2013 01:17 PM)viocjit Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 12:58 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I'm sure that you've got that backwards. Either you confused heliocentrism with geocentrism (you may claim momentary cerebral flatulence), or you simply omitted the word "don't." Either way, I'm sure the French are on board with heliocentrism.

I omitted the word don't. (Sometime I miss words).
In my knowledge :
1.Geocentrism : The earth is the center of the universe. That is false but many people believed that in the middle age and before the middle age but some people (a minority) believe that in our decade.

2.Heliocentrism : The sun turn around of the earth and that make the day and the night. This claim is false because this is the earth who turn around the sun to make the day and the night. I read the result of a study who say that some Russians believe in heliocentrism (I don't know if we can trust the study).

HuhHuh

Heliocentrism is literally: "sun at the center"
So, the theory of heliocentrism is simply that our solar system has our star (sun) at the center, and all planets, asteroid belt, Kuiper belt, and other objects orbit around the sun. This was initially popularized by Copernicus, and later given supporting evidence by Galileo.

Only the severely uneducated don't believe this. I would hope that more than "some" Russians believe in it.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
08-07-2013, 03:33 PM
(08-07-2013 03:12 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 01:17 PM)viocjit Wrote:  I omitted the word don't. (Sometime I miss words).
In my knowledge :

HuhHuh

Heliocentrism is literally: "sun at the center"
So, the theory of heliocentrism is simply that our solar system has our star (sun) at the center, and all planets, asteroid belt, Kuiper belt, and other objects orbit around the sun. This was initially popularized by Copernicus, and later given supporting evidence by Galileo.

Only the severely uneducated don't believe this. I would hope that more than "some" Russians believe in it.

I reknown that I confounded heliocentrism with geocentrism. I can say that I know the theories but not theirs names.