[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Logica Humano's post
13-07-2013, 07:06 AM
RE: Why F1 is better than NASCAR?
Awesome. Thumbsup

Don't they do street races in kick-ass locations, too? I think racing is kinda fucking boring, but racing in a circle, that's boring squared.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-07-2013, 07:17 AM
NASCAR is mind-numbing...oh look they are going to go fast and turn left. Woohoo...blah!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
13-07-2013, 01:56 PM
(13-07-2013 07:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  NASCAR is mind-numbing...oh look they are going to go fast and turn left. Woohoo...blah!

It's a wonder that the hillbillies that watch it don't call those cars goddamn commie liberals.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
13-07-2013, 02:35 PM
The Busch race is on our TV right now...and tomorrow will be the main race...hubby will even watch qualifying. UGH! I tried when we first got married to like it (or at least tolerate it) but failed. I get the evil eye when I say it's become wrestling on wheels. Manipulated and fake. And for pete's sake...must we really listen to commentators when there is a rain delay...OMG I hate that almost as much as the microphone on the track so you can hear the cars go by.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Which one is better well it matters to the type of racing you desire to watch. If you desire to a rush where the unconditional bounds are checked every corner, then you want to watch F1.
21-09-2013, 09:51 AM
F1 is dominated by whoever has the newest technology Nascar is dominated by whoever has the best team. F1 is more entertaining to watch (well the grand prix races anyway) Nascar is more demanding on the driver. Personally I prefer F1 as a spectator (when I'm in the mood) but I will acknowledge the fact that Nascar is in fact the more difficult circuit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-09-2013, 09:32 AM
I never got NASCAR - or traditional air racing for that matter. Both are difficult as shit to do, but are extremely boring to watch.

F1 as well as other Motorsport racing has more interesing tracks and challenges to watch.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
22-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Man, I saw this and was like WOO LOGICA IS BACK.

But then I clicked on it, and to my disappointment... Sad

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
22-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Right turns.

...but seriously NASCAR is not as wholly uninteresting as it seems on the surface, long sweeps are actually the most difficult turns to make especially in a loose car (I drive a lot of racing sims and they really are), the cars are bare bones, analog and loose as all hell (loose = fast) which only adds to the difficultly, all the cars are built on essentially the same parts which makes for stiff competition...

Watching Hammond explain the sport to the brits is was changed my POV on the whole thing:

F1 is all rich playboys (RIP Senna) who can only pass each other if they raise their hands and wait for teacher debating what kind of tires to use.

Personally I still prefer F1 though, and I prefer stock car circuit racing (EU style) to both.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user