Why F1 is better than NASCAR?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2013, 10:05 AM
RE: Why F1 is better than NASCAR?
(22-09-2013 10:01 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Right turns.

...but seriously NASCAR is not as wholly uninteresting as it seems on the surface, long sweeps are actually the most difficult turns to make especially in a loose car (I drive a lot of racing sims and they really are), the cars are bare bones, analog and loose as all hell (loose = fast) which only adds to the difficultly, all the cars are built on essentially the same parts which makes for stiff competition...

Watching Hammond explain the sport to the brits is was changed my POV on the whole thing:

F1 is all rich playboys (RIP Senna) who can only pass each other if they raise their hands and wait for teacher debating what kind of tires to use.

Personally I still prefer F1 though, and I prefer stock car circuit racing (EU style) to both.

Drafting is the single hardest thing to do in all of motorsports. As I said earlier Nascar is more demanding than almost any other racing circuit (mostly due to the fact that all the cars are completely identical to the fraction of the millimeter) but watching cars go round a giant oval for 3+ hours is just boring.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Re: Why F1 is better than NASCAR?
Don't NASCAR engines still use pushrods?

I like American Le Mans series myself.
22-09-2013, 05:19 PM
(22-09-2013 05:11 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Don't NASCAR engines still use pushrods?

I like American Le Mans series myself.

Nascar doesn't even have fuel gauges. It is as barebones as possible and for the driver is probably the ultimate driving experience but for a spectator it is watching cars go in an oval for 3 hours.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Racing only becomes interesting when they crash.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
23-09-2013, 10:39 AM
People find Nascar boring because all they do is turn left, but that's how I feel about sports in general. They may involve skill and be challenging and fun for those involved, but as a spectator all you're doing is watching things move around - someone running, a ball being kicked, a car turning left... Terribly boring to watch unless you know someone taking part or are gambling on the match, so you have some kind of stake or connection to it.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]