Why Facebook why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2015, 06:20 AM
Why Facebook why?
Maybe it's just me, but since when the heck did Facebook become such a sounding board for championing the case for Christ or 'God'?? It's just replete with religious nonsense. I'm still for the most part a closeted Atheist, and it just irks the crap out me how Christian have carte blanche to post as much religious garbage as they desire. Prayer this, God that, Jesus this. All the while receiving nothing but encouragment, accolades and support for this baseless religious rubbish they post. I'm not a provocative or contentious person by nature, but it does rub me wrong to know that were I dare to post one post in support of atheism, skepticism or reason I would be mercilessly reviled!!! Entirely 'unfriended' by some I'm sure. Growing up in the Deep South, and having lived in the bat shit crazy religious south my entire life, has much to do with the inordinate amount of bs religious post I see on a daily basis in certain. But still......can't these Christian people just keep religion in their hearts and OFF Facebook. Please!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Biolizard's post
19-04-2015, 06:30 AM
RE: Why Facebook why?
(19-04-2015 06:20 AM)Biolizard Wrote:  Maybe it's just me, but since when the heck did Facebook become such a sounding board for championing the case for Christ or 'God'?? It's just replete with religious nonsense. I'm still for the most part a closeted Atheist, and it just irks the crap out me how Christian have carte blanche to post as much religious garbage as they desire. Prayer this, God that, Jesus this. All the while receiving nothing but encouragment, accolades and support for this baseless religious rubbish they post. I'm not a provocative or contentious person by nature, but it does rub me wrong to know that were I dare to post one post in support of atheism, skepticism or reason I would be mercilessly reviled!!! Entirely 'unfriended' by some I'm sure. Growing up in the Deep South, and having lived in the bat shit crazy religious south my entire life, has much to do with the inordinate amount of bs religious post I see on a daily basis in certain. But still......can't these Christian people just keep religion in their hearts and OFF Facebook. Please!

I was taught there are three things one never discusses in public -- religion, politics and money. It's really none of anyone's business. But with all the "like and share" or the bleating "it's my fb -- I can put whatever I want." Facepalm

It is either their religious freedoms or political stuff. Both make me crazy. What really hurts is the occasional person who acts upset over some friend (not me) posting "antichristian" crap. The same type that gets bent over happy holidays.

It's like get the fuck over it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-04-2015, 06:34 AM
I have a simpler plan ---

I just ignore Facebook altogether.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
19-04-2015, 06:42 AM
(19-04-2015 06:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I have a simpler plan ---

I only use it to spy on my kids. Blush

I must have other "friends" so they don't find out I'm just there to spy on them. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-04-2015, 06:43 AM
I do not have this problem.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
19-04-2015, 06:51 AM
I find Facebook to serve no purpose (personally), so I got rid of my account 5 or 6 years ago, couldn't be happier. I do utilize Twitter for my musings and voicing my opinions on the zeitgeist of today. Instagram is great for scenery, since I can't always be in nature.

No matter the platform utilized, I feel it's important to question the things that don't add up or make sense. Conversely, I'm okay with my peers having differing opinions, as long as they don't trample mine when shared.

As for taboo subjects, nothing is truly off the table of discussion. Comfort levels may vary from person to person, but no one person is in charge of another persons reaction, or lack thereof. To grow requires new input, and sometimes that means tackling the tougher subjects.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2015, 06:55 AM
(19-04-2015 06:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2015 06:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I have a simpler plan ---

I only use it to spy on my kids. Blush

I must have other "friends" so they don't find out I'm just there to spy on them. Smile

LOL

Yup

Youth and exuberance will always be overcome by age and treachery.

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
19-04-2015, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2015 07:29 AM by Anjele.)
I have managed to cull the Facebook god squad herd pretty well so that I don't strain my eyeballs with too much eye-rolling. I never argue back, it's useless to do so.

Recently I added a person due to family ties who is apt to post the god messages. I try to remember the source and move on.

Have too many funny things and informative things I don't want to miss. And I can keep up with the grandkids in SC.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-04-2015, 07:24 AM
That's all you, man. My facebook tries to hook me up with cute atheist girls in my area. You know thats shit's all "googlefied" and crap, so whatever you look at or what your friends look at, comes back thrice in bot form to sell you shit. You know, 2015, and all?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-04-2015, 07:35 AM
I put those people on my restricted list- I never see their posts, or hide the source of many of their posts (Joel Osteen Ministry), and that gets rid of many, or I just unfriend if they are really obnoxious.

But in the same vein, I am not filling their newsfeeds with atheist stuff either, science-y stuff-- yes, and I try to share a wide variety of science based stuff. Once in awhile I will post a photo of the kids, but not too bad (I don't think) :blushSmile I have one friend that is about to be bumped to hide because it constant photos of her kids.....even ones from 3-4 years ago.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller