Why Facebook why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: Why Facebook why?
(19-04-2015 06:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It is either their religious freedoms or political stuff. Both make me crazy. What really hurts is the occasional person who acts upset over some friend (not me) posting "antichristian" crap. The same type that gets bent over happy holidays.

Ugh. That Happy Holiday/Merry Christmas nonsense is beyond redundant and annoying and it feels like it gets worse every year. Dodgy

I hardly have any (if any) extreme fundamentalist Christians on my page except for my Messianic friend. I could just unfollow her posts but I keep them coming because they keep me mildly entertained.

The rest of the religious posts are done by people who don't necessarily attend church or anything. They just mention or share religious things every once in awhile to make it look like they're doing their part as "good christians."

It does get mildly annoying at times when I see people thanking God for things or asking for prayers over bad things that are happening to them. Drinking Beverage

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2015, 03:34 PM
You have the right to not participate on Facebook just like they they do, so tolerating their religious gibber jabber is as simple as what you or they can handle. If you think their shit is stupid, let em know.
20-04-2015, 12:17 PM
I've just unfollowed about 30 of the biggest posters of religious crap. Oh yeah, it felt good!
[+] 3 users Like Iñigo's post
20-04-2015, 12:20 PM
(19-04-2015 06:20 AM)Biolizard Wrote:  Maybe it's just me, but since when the heck did Facebook become such a sounding board for championing the case for Christ or 'God'?? It's just replete with religious nonsense. I'm still for the most part a closeted Atheist, and it just irks the crap out me how Christian have carte blanche to post as much religious garbage as they desire. Prayer this, God that, Jesus this. All the while receiving nothing but encouragment, accolades and support for this baseless religious rubbish they post. I'm not a provocative or contentious person by nature, but it does rub me wrong to know that were I dare to post one post in support of atheism, skepticism or reason I would be mercilessly reviled!!! Entirely 'unfriended' by some I'm sure. Growing up in the Deep South, and having lived in the bat shit crazy religious south my entire life, has much to do with the inordinate amount of bs religious post I see on a daily basis in certain. But still......can't these Christian people just keep religion in their hearts and OFF Facebook. Please!

Jesus said ''go make disciples of all nations,'' so that's where they get it from.
Rolleyes

Be true to yourself. Heart
20-04-2015, 06:19 PM
It really all depends on who your friends are. My best friend in high school was an anti-theist and so my facebook feed was almost always full of Anti-theistic jibber jabber. I can't remember if I'm still friends with him. I purged my facebook at the end of this summer and I hadn't talked to him in several years so he may have got the boot. In anycase now 90% of my friends on facebook are devout Catholics so my feed is always full of Catholic stuff but I don't mind cause the stuff is relevant to me. If other people's thoughts abd opinions bother you so much, why are you still friends with them?

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
20-04-2015, 06:52 PM
I have a Facebook account and maybe 100 friends. The entire thing is a ruse so I can cyber stalk my highschool crush who grew up to be insanely hot. My Facebook friends are limited to family, people I'm actually friend's with, a handful of people from the dog rescue I volunteer with, with the one random outlier being this woman who I have not seen or spoken to since 1987 and who lives 3,000 miles away from me, but has an amazing silicone enhanced body and likes to post pictures of herself in bikinis and other clothes that a woman her age shouldn't look that good in.

It's starting to get old, though. And, she is incredibly pretentious. She's a trophy wife and her husband seems to be loaded and she is constantly jetting off from one exotic location to the next. It would be completely intolerable if it weren't for the skin shots.

Btw, I swear I'm not making this up. I'm exaggerating slightly that she is the sole reason I have a Facebook account, but she is the only person I'm "friends" with who I have no real relationship with, and that is the actual reason.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
20-04-2015, 07:36 PM
(20-04-2015 06:52 PM)BnW Wrote:  I have a Facebook account and maybe 100 friends. The entire thing is a ruse so I can cyber stalk my highschool crush who grew up to be insanely hot. My Facebook friends are limited to family, people I'm actually friend's with, a handful of people from the dog rescue I volunteer with, with the one random outlier being this woman who I have not seen or spoken to since 1987 and who lives 3,000 miles away from me, but has an amazing silicone enhanced body and likes to post pictures of herself in bikinis and other clothes that a woman her age shouldn't look that good in.

It's starting to get old, though. And, she is incredibly pretentious. She's a trophy wife and her husband seems to be loaded and she is constantly jetting off from one exotic location to the next. It would be completely intolerable if it weren't for the skin shots.

Btw, I swear I'm not making this up. I'm exaggerating slightly that she is the sole reason I have a Facebook account, but she is the only person I'm "friends" with who I have no real relationship with, and that is the actual reason.

Creeper. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-04-2015, 07:39 PM
The best part is she friended me.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
20-04-2015, 07:42 PM
(20-04-2015 07:39 PM)BnW Wrote:  The best part is she friended me.

Check out my post on the Small Things That Make You Smile thread...made Facebook worth the price of admission for me. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-04-2015, 08:16 PM
I just looked and that thread has over 300 pages. Can you just give me the punchline?